Piranha

LEGO Collectable Minifgures Series 8 Rumours & Discussion

If these come out AFTER Christmas where I live, I'm going to scream. So, if I buy ten packages, that means that with equal chances I would have about 1/16 x 5 x 10 = 50/16 = 312.5 percent chance to get one of my favorites. Which means I'm going to buy 20 packages, as to have 625 percent chance.

the diver, conquistador, actor/poet and the alien do it for me. conquistador will look good fighting my aztec warrior.

Well, they did put a Mummy in Series 3 which was released at nearly the exact same time as the Mummy-centric PQ line. And the S3 Alien that came out right during the last wave of Space Police 3 that used the same head mold as one of the SP3 aliens. In general I don't think TLG really makes their choices for CMF figs based on what else is already out/coming out.

I'm not saying your points aren't valid, though. The monsters were a lot more prevalent in the first four lines (though in my head I classify the Grey Alien from S6 as a "classic monster" though obviously it fits better with the Sci-Fi/Space figures that have been featured in CMF line as well). But the absence might mean we're due for a monster of some kind in Series 8! ;-)

Well hey...I was half right at least. I guessed wrong with new ghost/imp/goblin but the Manbat does qualify as a monster! And one that is practically plucked straight from Monster Fighters to boot, only in a new black color scheme (which is what I had hoped for with the ghost). I don't really think of him as a "Classic Monster" you'd see often in old Hollywood B-movies however, so I'll admit that I was a bit wrong there as well.

With that out of the way, I'm actually pleasantly surprised now that I see these. I don't think it qualifies as one of the best series we've gotten, but the retreads aren't nearly as bad as I would have thought. And most of the brand new figures are great!

WOW! What a fantastic lineup! I'm particularly fond of the diver and conquistador! LEGO is after my wallet this year. :wacko:

Edited by Algernon

I'm slightly underwhelmed, but I still like most of the figures. And there's some new colored pieces and moulds also, so I'm glad about that. :classic:

Trader: A bit plain: OK, I could use a newspaper, but other than that. . .

Ameican footballer: Not sure why he should have yellow arms. I like the new trophy mold. He is very similar to the Hocky Player though.

Cheerleader: A lot worse than the S1 cheerleader, if you ask me. Not impressed by the color scheme on the girl minifigs (except maybe the cowgirl) for this series.

Female alien: hmmm. . . no thanks. Never really liked aliens anyway. Only nice piece is the purple flat round stud piece.

Conquistador: Love this one! :laugh:

Robot: To much like the S1 and S3 robot/space villans.

Bavarian boy: Nice Prezel. Turned out more like a Bavarian Man though. . . :sceptic:

Fairy: Never liked fariys any more than aliens. And this one is much less than impressive.

Cowgirl: Nice! Just don't like that face too much, but I love the hat!

Disk jockey: I'm guessing that the earphones are attached to the hair-piece. I like his face torso - I could use some casual looking minifigs.

Manbat: A LOT better than the Monster Fighter manbat. Actually, I think this one is cute!

Old style diver: Probably my favorite! Especially with the leads on the bottom of his shoes!

Pirate: No parrot. . . Well, he's a good looking pirate, but I'm not into pirates. . .

Female skier: Well. . . the skies are nice but I'm not crazy about the color scheme.

Santa: Much nicer than the previous santa figs. Like the new hat mold, especially.

Ancient Thespis: Actually more a Victorian Era Knight. Might not look bad for the Conquistador's Court-going Dress :wink: Love the white collar piece though. . .

How can anyone say they don't want the evil robot? That robotic arm is in black! Big want! The man-bat will be big for Batman builders that want to show him with the wings from Batman Begins. Is that hat on the Bavarian boy dark green? The new trophy mold is a want.

The arm is the same as the S3 robot arm, though. Personally , I don't really think he's so great but. . .

I think this manbat is a lot better than the Monster Fighter ones; he actually seems to be smiling!

I'm hoping we'll see a silver/bronze trophy with future series, though. :wink:

Edited by Kai NRG

Wow! a few really nice ones that I really want. My favorite is the female AC alien. It is so nice to see at least one last Alien Conquest fig. And such a cool one. Also loving the Robot, the Conquistador, the Man Bat, Santa and especially the Diver :wub: . It looks like the businessman and the skier will be the useless ones of the series this time.

Edited by Faefrost

Ehh...

Besides Santa, the Diver, the Conquistador, and the DJ's headphones, nothing special.

OK no more games here the list!

Thanks to Ojik via Brickset!

Ancient Thespis

Pirate Captain

Conquistador

Enemy Robot

Evil Female Alien

Diver

Vampire

Fairy

Football Player

Trader

Skier

Red Cheerleader

Santa Claus

Boy in Bavarian costume

DJ

Cowgirl

enjoy! :classic: :classic: :classic:

Looks like my list was correct! :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Looks like my list was correct! :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Grogall!! Where are your HR images? :tongue:

-Sci

Edited by CM4S

Grogall!! Where are your HQ images? :tongue:

-Sci

Sorry I only post HR images! :tongue:

Same here.

I still don't have the Aztec though. . . :cry_sad:

Some great, some not so great, but as i'm collecting them all i'll be buying en entire box of 60 anyway, as i have done from S2 onwards :tongue:

Ok, wow. Just wow. I did not expect this series to be so amazing. All of them (save the Fairy) are very well designed and show leaps and bounds from previous series. If I had to rank them from favourite to least favourite, this is how I would do it:

1) Old Fashioned Diver

2) Shakespearean Actor

3) Conquistador

4) Santa

5) Bavarian

6) Evil Robot

7) Pirate Captain

8) Evil Female Alien

9) Vampire Bat

10) DJ

11) Cowgirl

12) American Football Player

13) Trader

14) Red Cheerleader

15) Female Skier

16) Fairy

Even the lower ranked ones (minus the Fairy) are all very good in my books. This series is one of (if not my) favourite series of CMF so far.

Edited by Bounty Hunter Supreme

Finally images of the series 8 and looking pretty good

Trader: Finally the black bowler many have waited for since the blue clown version and a printed "financial" paper tile - Like

American footballplayer: Looks like the hockey outfit in new colors and the US people is probably as disappointed on the lack of a ball as the rest of the world was with the first football player. Have no use for it but a nice addition to the series.

Cheerleader: The ever popular cheerleader in red and white - Like

Female alien: A nice addition to the alien series in another color and with a purple "vampire" cape - Like

Conquistador: Looking very good, don't have any of those helmets - so a absolute Like

Robot: a bit meh... but the print on the figure looks good for other uses.

Bavarian boy: A original idea and a nice pretzel piece - Like

Fairy: Don't have much use for a fariy but again a nice addition to the series - Like

Cowgirl: Nice looking figure with new hair/hat - Like

DJ: Very nice with headphones and printed record - Like

Bat Monster: Black version of the monster set very nice - Like

Old style diver: Dream classic by many and very nicely done, he even has the "heavy shoes" to keep him from floating - Like

Pirate: Cool looking pirate with golden hook and sword - like

Female skier: A extra skier was expected and looks OK

Santa: Finally a proper Santa hat and also a nice new bag - Like

Actor: Very nice old style actor and a truly nice looking new clothing piece - Like

All in all a nice looking and interesting new series :sweet:

Nice to see some pictures. I have to admit though, I'm on the fence on the new batch, some make me grin because they're so brilliant, while others seem like they were phoned in and are poor rehashes.

Trader: Had no idea what to expect from this one, but a nice figure. Not exactly a highlight, but a nice one to add to the collection and great to have a black bowler hat.

Ameican footballer: Always happy to get a sports minifigure and knew that this one would eventually be part of the line. Like the colours, but would have liked a ball (the same goes for the Series 4 Soccer Player)

Cheerleader: Shocking rehash, not at all different from the Series 1 figure except for the colouring.

Female alien: Space and aliens in Lego form is not something I'm particularly interested in, but I love the detail and work that has gone into this one and have no doubt that it be popular and sought after.

Conquistador: Very detailed and looks great, will be the Spartan of this series.

Robot: Clearly the love child of the Robot from the first wave and the Space Warrior, it's a disappointment because of how closely it resembles the Series 1 figure (which I sadly do not own).

Bavarian boy: This one has a pretzel, that's me sold. Lovely hat and great detailing.

Fairy: Not really a fan, like the wings but am not keen on the hair colour. Really dislike the skirt and would have much preferred a sloped piece instead.

Cowgirl: Ye-Haw! A great figure and brilliant to see more hats with hair being made, love the detailing and her lasso.

DJ: Better than expected and fortunately not a carbon copy of the Series 2 Disco Dude. Love his headphones.

Winged Monster: Won't be buying much or any of the Monster Fighters series so it's a nice one to add to the collection. Like the DJ, I'm pleased it's not just a series 2 repeat.

Old style diver: Great headpiece and details. Looks like it has some bits attached to it's feet, adding height, an interesting concept.

Pirate: A stereotypical pirate, slightly overwhelmed with gold, but a decent enough figure.

Female skier: Better than expected, looks much more serious than the series 2 skier, which is a good thing.

Santa: Would've liked a new bulging stomach piece,but will settle for new 'proper' hat and sack.

Shakespearian: My favourite figure, finally bringing together by love for theatre and love for Lego. Brilliant detailing and one of my favourites of all the past figures already.

Being a bit of a completist, I'll undoubtedly buy all of them, but it feel like some popportunities were missed and I feel this series reveals that future series (which I'm sure there will be several of) will merely recycle earlier figures.

EDIT: nearly 100 people are reading this, blimey these things are popular!!

Edited by Roger Rabbit

All these figures look excellent. The alien queen is a great addition to the Alien Conquest theme. The DJ looks very cool as well, even if his headphones are molded onto his hair. The cowgirl has a nice new hat that might be able to be reused effectively in LEGO Friends if the horseback-riding subtheme isn't over after this year. The diver is something many of us have desired for years (note his boosted-up feet!), as is the Santa Claus, though I can't say that I prefer the sack he comes with to the one from the City theme.

In general, all these figures are very unique. The only ones which are especially similar to previous figs are the alien queen, pirate captain, and cheerleader, and even so they all have their own merits. TLG doesn't seem even close to running out of unique fig designs for this theme!

I can't agree with the bolded sentiment at all, these pictures have me thinking the exact opposite. I don't mind recurring characters once the minifigures show a little variety (like the male/female skaters, or the Series 1 Robot/Series 6 Toy Robot). The diver in this series exemplifies that point; it's fantastic. But the cheerleader and robot are, for me, horribly lazy efforts. They look like absolutely identical moulds to their Series 1 counterparts, just coloured differently. For me, that doesn't cut it for variety. Each to their own though, I guess. Also, if I had just bought the MF Vampyre Castle I'd be annoyed at having the Bat Monster included in the CMF line.

On the plus side, the Shakespearean character is absolutely wonderful, as is the old-school diver as I mentioned above. I don't have many Pirates sets so that's a plus for me too.

Overall I'm quite underwhelmed, but I've had series grow on me in the past after similar initial thoughts. Genuinely wish I shared the enthusiasm that most others here are showing.

SHAZAM!

Finally....we have a flat lego stud in PURPLE :drool: , and that is definitely going on a snake general staff for Pythor,not to mention purple arms too,either way great minifigs the conquistador, the diver, the bat(because I can't afford Vampyre Castle :sad: ), the pirate(should be a okay replacement for Captain Soto until if we get one), and the DJ are my favorites. Overall good series of minifigs.

Edited by Rick
Please don't include images in quotes unnecessarily

My impressions. First stars for the fig, 2nd one for the accessories, 3rd one for originality.

Looks like a nice series. Not one of the best I think, but it's hard to fail with these so I'm happy.

I had hoped that the Conquistador would have a silver or grey coloured helmet, that would have been much more useful (and realistic) then gold. But it's still a great minifig, one of my favourites.

I also really like the Shakespearian Actor, probably the best of this series, and the Diver is also top ranked.

The robot and the alien I could do without, not that interesting, but I will still get one of each of course.