Sirens-of-Titan

Battle for the Imperial City

Hello dear guilds-men!

I hope work is coming along nicely for you all on challenge 4! For my part of the contribution to historic and Historica building I've been working on the latest installment of my Rise of the mage series.

If you're a fan and enjoy reading here are links of this epic chapter:

Flickr:

MOCPages

If you're not into the story, that's OK; here are some pictures of the six major builds this chapter contains.

7552759858_41c65f028e_b.jpg

7552766022_7f471583c5_b.jpg

7552760702_d087ffb7b6_c.jpg

7552764098_95bb02da2d_c.jpg

7552763164_d8525b7df0_c.jpg

7552765744_840e1cdfd7_c.jpg

7552762304_6fbd3db567_c.jpg

I hope you like it! One more chapter to go in the story. :thumbup::sweet:

Insane,amazing,marvelous,fantastic,stunning,great,stupendous and every other positive adjective. I've been reading this series but I don't think I've replied yet. Seriously you are one of the best castle builders on earth. Every little detail makes my jaw drop. Good job x1000!

I was wondering how a castle or building would look built with the new "brick" brick and you don't disappoint.

so many nice things here and of course the story is great too.

I am envious of your parts selection and the time you seem to have to pump out such great creations time and time again!

already looking forward to your next build!

Wow great work. loving the profile brick texture, looks wonderful.

eager for chapter 11!

I'd be happy if I had built just one of these and presented it... to see several great MOCs one after another is a bit overwhelming!

Excellent work, I really like them. The cannon ball in mid-fire is a great touch and its really interesting to see the "brick" pieces in a castle wall.

Simply stunning *huh* The brick bricks work beautifully, and the houses are all spectacular :wub:

One of my favorite details are the stairs to the cannon emplacement next to the tower.

Every scene is incredibly detailed, very awe inspiring.

It puts my WIP towers to shame so I'm off to improve them :laugh:

The story is well written too, the war minister seems a little dense :angry:

Looking forward to the concluding chapter :classic:

Edited by soccerkid6

I have just made a glance on this chapter, is great¡ :thumbup:

Now I am going to read it properly on mocpage.

Thanks for sharing.

Excellent build, one quick question, what set did you get the muted green leafy bricks from?

Excellent build, one quick question, what set did you get the muted green leafy bricks from?

They are in the new Monster Fighter set, The Werewolf.

Conclusion...in August? :cry_sad:

This is fantastic. I truly cannot wait to see how it all ends. Gah, now I won't be able to sleep tonight. :tongue:

Wow absolutely stunning! You've made me truly fall in love with the new LOTR brick. I can wait to see the next one.

Oh my gosh. I guess there are no words to describe how marvelous your creations are.

Your tower on the first picture made of "brick" bricks is my favorite. It looks very realistic and has a very classic feel to it. I love the way you filled the gaps between the walls with cheese plates :thumbup:

The other builds are just as good and show how much dedication you put into building them.

This is probably gonna be frontpaged very soon.

It´s just great! The brick brick is very nice in those amounts! Have to buy some more of those :laugh:

The three houses reminds me of England and they look great!

A lot of details to look at for hours for sure! You are surely one of my favouite builders and inspiration!

Amazing creations again! Some notable things I really like: The plate work on the houses, the chicken cart and I really like the the canon turntable.

And about the story, interesting change of events! :thumbup:

Ahhh, this is so fantastic, you have wonderful composition skills and all the different textures are a feast for the eyes! I love the way you are very quick to work in the new elements and colours in recent sets - it's great to see their potential in the hands of a skilled builder. :thumbup: One aspect of this set of vigs that i really like is the differences between the poorer districts of the city, through to the grander houses and finally the palace - that sense of progression is really nicely done. :thumbup: The ruined tower is also great. :classic:

Bring on the final chapter - i can't wait! :sweet:

Thank you guys! :wink: It's always good to hear when people like these and the story. :thumbup:

@gabe: I'm happy you caught the progression from poor to rich to regal; I really wanted to make the flow obvious with the most frugal and practical buildings in the slums, and the most lavish and over-the top in the palace.

There is just one more chapter left in this story, it will be a full year's labor when it's done but it's been tremendously fun for me. I hope it's given some of you at least a little bit of inspiration and entertainment. :sweet:

This build is astounding! Another amazing chapter in your series. Every scene has so much detail and is beautifully done. I love the roof work, and the 2x1 plate work for the walls looks wonderful, but I do not envy what it took to assemble this.

A work of art!