Piranha

LEGO Collectable Minifgures Series 8 Rumours & Discussion

i was at lego shop today and was told the diver in series 8 was going to be old fashioned type with brass helmet. like in men of honour.

This is great news, the pieces will be ideal to steampunk MOCs. Now I can't wait to get pictures from Comic-con.

According the official Press Release from Lego about what's happenning at Comic-Con, there was no mention of any CMFs. Perhaps they just didn't mention it in the officcial statment, or perhaps they won't be there at all...? The press release can be found at FBTB.

According the official Press Release from Lego about what's happenning at Comic-Con, there was no mention of any CMFs. Perhaps they just didn't mention it in the officcial statment, or perhaps they won't be there at all...? The press release can be found at FBTB.

There was also no mention of Monster Fighters and there's a cabinet full of them. The press release just covers their big licenses as thats what the majority of people are interested in.

The press release only highlights their "themed days" and activities, not really what will be displayed.

Comic-con starts tomorrow doesn't it? :oh: Can't wait to see pictures popping up! I haven't acquired neither series 6 nor 7 though, it makes me quite upset! My shopping mall was supposed to get them a long ago, I don't really know what happened. I'm missing lots of sets from this year! :cry_sad: US trip emergency!

Assuming the Series 8 list is correct, I wonder if the Santa minifig will have a 3D belly ("fatsuit") similar to the Bombur minifig from The Hobbit. Or perhaps Santa will be basically the same as the previous versions and we'll just get the newish "Backpack Open" accessory in black (new color):

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=92590

Comic-con starts tomorrow doesn't it? :oh: Can't wait to see pictures popping up! I haven't acquired neither series 6 nor 7 though, it makes me quite upset! My shopping mall was supposed to get them a long ago, I don't really know what happened. I'm missing lots of sets from this year! :cry_sad: US trip emergency!

Preview night is tonight, though toy makers often hold product for display until later in the show. This has been my experience with Hasbro Star Wars, anyway.

Assuming the Series 8 list is correct, I wonder if the Santa minifig will have a 3D belly ("fatsuit") similar to the Bombur minifig from The Hobbit. Or perhaps Santa will be basically the same as the previous versions and we'll just get the newish "Backpack Open" accessory in black (new color):

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=92590

I'm guessing that he'll look considerably different from the past Santa minifigs. :wink:

I went to the MOA Lego Store today and asked one of the employees if they could tell me anything. I actually asked 3, two said "I don't know! I don't think we've seen them." and the one employee said "That list is half correct." and that was all.

Also, could this be out Santa? Or at least the hat?

Santaaaaa.png

-Sci

I went to the MOA Lego Store today and asked one of the employees if they could tell me anything. I actually asked 3, two said "I don't know! I don't think we've seen them." and the one employee said "That list is half correct." and that was all.

I just hope the Pirate and the Conquistador are on the correct half.

Same...

-Sci

I hope just the hat, the eyes look way too simple for Santa

Of course the Pirate is. The image has been out for a while.

As for Otherworld, Minifigures are supposed to be like that.

-Sci

Santaaaaa.png

-Sci

Yes! He looks just like what I was hoping for! Where did you find that image?

Yes! He looks just like what I was hoping for! Where did you find that image?

Maybe he got it from a poster, or someone working at the Lego Shop showed it to him. I am also very excited for the Santa.

Maybe he got it from a poster, or someone working at the Lego Shop showed it to him. I am also very excited for the Santa.

It is on the last page of the current catalog (at least in germany)

Wow, love the Santa picture! The hat is amazing! Has anyone noticed that while we're getting many minifig heads with white eyebrows, there's been a long absence of a minifig with white hair. (Save for the S7 King)

Looks like he is holding a snow globe in front of his chin? It looks too sparkly for a beard.

Has anyone noticed that while we're getting many minifig heads with white eyebrows, there's been a long absence of a minifig with white hair. (Save for the S7 King)

Yes. Both white and grey hair pieces would be very much welcome. Though I think we haven't had that many heads with white eyebrows either, compared to the abundance of white beards.

-Sci

How could it be "half correct"??? I think that could very well be the minifig Santa, but it could also be from this year's city advent calender. Anyway, he looks really good. Especially the hat :laugh:

The official pictures of the City AC show Santa with the same red pirate rag cap and long beard he has had in previous sets.

These are my guesses for the half correct:

Pirate

Conquistador

Diver

DJ

Cowgirl

Football Player

Santa Claus

Fairy

The other ones might've been translated wrong? Evil Female Alien could be Medusa for all I know.

-Sci