wonkyeye

LOTR & The Hobbit 2012

Gandalf, Dwalin, Bombur, Bofur, Bilbo, Balin.

Thanks very much. I just LOVE bombur (and bofurs hat ) after seeing lotr wikis pic

Wonderful minifigs.

Cant wait to see the sets. :wub_drool:

Whoa! Those look awesome! Lego is pulling out all the stops on this one, they look just like they will in the movie! My one complaint (and it's not really a complaint because they look amazing) is that Bilbo looks too similar to Sam. This may just be because of the color scheme (similar color clothing and hair). Also, Bombur's belly looks pretty funny :tongue: Can anyone tell if that is part of the beard mold or a new "fat minifig torso" (similar to Toth's ideas in his portfolio)?

Also, sounds like we'll be seeing some of the sets real soon: "Lego, which has the licenses for both The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings, also will be spreading its dragon wings with reveals of its film-themed sets and figures" (taken from the article)

Edited by Combee

Now that I've paid more attention to the image I noticed I don't like Dwalin :hmpf_bad:

Balin-and-Dwalin-in-The-Hobbit.jpg

Looks like they made the minifig capture the attribute of the character: bald, partially bare armed, and wearing gloves. I guess it would be a little better if they had printed sleeves on part of his arms but I think it looks pretty accurate.

Edited by Combee

Now that I've paid more attention to the image I noticed I don't like Dwalin :hmpf_bad:

So far, he is my least favourite as well. He just seems really boring compared to the other dwarves there, with their crazy hair/hats. Bofur's hat just looks hilarious, and awesome!

I'm really excited to see these guys weapons. They, from the looks of the promo images released of them, don't all have axes. Some have hammers, clubs, or even swords. I have a feeling we'll for sure be getting a new Orcrist mold, but we could see some for the unique swords used by Fili, Kili and Dori.

Also, I think (and hope) that Gloin's hairpiece, if done similarly to Balin's, will look good for Gimli without his helmet. Then again, it will be cool to have Gimli and Gloin standing next to each other in mini figure form. I see father and son battle scene MOCs in the future! :laugh:

My one complaint (and it's not really a complaint because they look amazing) is that Bilbo looks too similar to Sam.

You are not alone with that. All the hobbits look the same to me. Ah well. :sweet: On the other hand, the dwarves look fantastic! Very authentic and easily recognizable. I am really looking forward to the Hobbit sets now (along with the movies, of course).

You are not alone with that. All the hobbits look the same to me.

I'm assuming these come from a Bag End set based on what Bilbo is wearing. I think he'll look better in the version wearing a jacket because the colors will be different.

These look great! I've heard rumors that the White Council will be in the film. If that's true, maybe we'll get a Saruman minifig. Hopefully they'll reveal more figs at Comic-Con (and a new trailer for the film).

These look great! I've heard rumors that the White Council will be in the film. If that's true, maybe we'll get a Saruman minifig. Hopefully they'll reveal more figs at Comic-Con (and a new trailer for the film).

Just cant wait for comic con pcs and videos - wish i was going D:

Peter Jackson already announced his presence on the Comic-Con so we are probably getting a new trailer for the film :thumbup:

I believe I read in the announcement of this minifigs that the sets will be announced at Comic-Con, I hope this is true. :thumbup:

Peter Jackson already announced his presence on the Comic-Con so we are probably getting a new trailer for the film :thumbup:

I believe I read in the announcement of this minifigs that the sets will be announced at Comic-Con, I hope this is true. :thumbup:

Thank you, my friend.You just made my day.

YESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

When is Comic Con? The sooner the better! I ant wait to see more pics! I really hope we get to see the three monstrous trolls! :laugh:

When is Comic Con? The sooner the better! I ant wait to see more pics! I really hope we get to see the three monstrous trolls! :laugh:

I'm pretty sure it's this weekend! :excited:

San Diego Comic Con starts Thursday with the preview night Wednesday.

Edited by toycardriver

Saw the minifigures on brickset and they look really nice!

Can't wait to see what the sets look like :classic:

{pic}

:wub_drool:

:wub:

Frickin' beautiful.

It looks like TLG will start using 5-digit numbers for regular sets, though. :sadnew:

Edited by just2good

After your post, I checked mine again and it seems I have missed some!

My 2 mordor orcs, and the one Uruk-Hai coming in the Orc Forge have the 3 bar design.

Lurtz, Berserker Uruk-Hai, and the Moria Orcs have closed stud.

Among the remaining 7 uruk-hai from 9471 and 9474, one of them have the 3 bar design and the other 6 don't. Can't tell from which set though since I mixed them up. I could only tell the Orc Forge one because I used the White Hand helmet on him.

This made me check ALL my LotR minifigues. To my surprise almost all of them have the filled head design. All except 2 Mordor Orcs, and 4 Uruk-hai. This seems weird to me because NONE of my Eomer/Rohan soldiers have the 3 bar design, and my Lurtz and single Uruk-hai that came with the Orc Forge have the hole on their head filled while the 2 Mordor Orcs do not. Why do some minifigs in the exact same set have their heads filled while others don't? :wacko:

Heck, why are some filled in this wave at all while others aren't???

those minifigures looks fantastic! Dwalin is my least favorite aswell, hes torso should be brown, the only green part of hes outfit is part of hes sleeves.

Btw those minifigs are from the bag end set, you can tell by Bilbos clothes!

Glad to see lego went all out on the new molds! Hopefully Fili+Thorin has a new mold aswell and doesent just use the PoP hair, It would work for kili tho!

Edited by deskp

wow wow wow that's a lot...

many new parts...

is this set gong out soon?

1st december in america.

Bilbos hair should be brown!