El Bucanero

The HMS Unclaimable, version 1 finished

Would be something like 30 or 40...

So that is 15 to 20 per side... how many decks are you going with?

Okay, Here's more information about the HMS Unclaimable.

It will be a 2 decker. I will add 2 rows of invert slopes and the ship will mount 40 to 50 cannons. Preferable more than 50. The colour scheme is something I still need to think about. I said it was going to be a sister ship from the Unpredictable, well let's say it was built in the same year and place X-D

Okay, Here's more information about the HMS Unclaimable.

It will be a 2 decker. I will add 2 rows of invert slopes and the ship will mount 40 to 50 cannons. Preferable more than 50. The colour scheme is something I still need to think about. I said it was going to be a sister ship from the Unpredictable, well let's say it was built in the same year and place X-D

Are you considering a brick-build hull?

I have plans for a 2-decker as well (in the far future) and I'm starting to think in the direction of a brick-build hull to get the right proportions between the width and the length.

However, nothing is decided yet.

Are you considering a brick-build hull?

I have plans for a 2-decker as well (in the far future) and I'm starting to think in the direction of a brick-build hull to get the right proportions between the width and the length.

However, nothing is decided yet.

I've thought about that, but then I saw the HMS Sirius, and the proportions look quite right to me, the width isn't even expanded so I think it is possible to build a 2 decker on the standard hull.

I've thought about that, but then I saw the HMS Sirius, and the proportions look quite right to me, the width isn't even expanded so I think it is possible to build a 2 decker on the standard hull.

You might be right. I would also prefer the standard hull.

But without expanding the hull it might be very narrow inside the ship.

I think adding 2 rows of invert slopes is the minimum for a 2 decker.

I'll have to do some research on it.

I added the slopes, now I can start with the first gun deck...

Seems like you're making good progress.

Don't forget to take some pictures from time to time ;-)

UPDATE!!

Due to a limited amount of bricks this ship WON'T be a two decker, it will be a lot like master and commanders HMS Surprise, it will have the bee colour scheme (black and yellow) and will have approx 30 to 40 guns...

Pictures will come soon.

Have a nice day,

Mr Tiber

UPDATE!!

Due to a limited amount of bricks this ship WON'T be a two decker, it will be a lot like master and commanders HMS Surprise, it will have the bee colour scheme (black and yellow) and will have approx 30 to 40 guns...

Pictures will come soon.

Have a nice day,

Mr Tiber

No 2-decker... there is always BL to buy the missing stuff.

I'm guessing you need between 300-500 euro to build a mini-fig scale 2 decker with parts from BL (including cannons).

No 2-decker... there is always BL to buy the missing stuff.

I guess you don't live with your parents anymore? How old are you?

The main reason why it won't be a 2 decker is because I want to build on the standard LEGO hulls, I don't have enough bricks for a large brick built hull ship. I do have enough bricks to make a 2 decker on the standard hulls though, but than it would look chunky and fat. I want it to look elegant...

I guess you don't live with your parents anymore? How old are you?

Actually, I do live with my parents. That's why I can afford to buy Lego :-D

Buuuut, I started to build a house of my own which will be finished in about 2 years.

So I guess that I'm a bit older than you Mr. Tiber.

The main reason why it won't be a 2 decker is because I want to build on the standard LEGO hulls, I don't have enough bricks for a large brick built hull ship. I do have enough bricks to make a 2 decker on the standard hulls though, but than it would look chunky and fat. I want it to look elegant...

You are right. Building a good looking 2 decker on the standard hull is nearly impossible.

Then you have to cut the hull in 2 pieces like Legeaux once did. But then its much better to go to a custom hull because even when you cut them in 2, the standard hull has other "disadvantages".

30 to 40 guns on a single decker!

Wow... that is going to one LONG ship if you are going to stick with the 3 studs between cannons spacing!

You are right. Building a good looking 2 decker on the standard hull is nearly impossible.

Then you have to cut the hull in 2 pieces like Legeaux once did. But then its much better to go to a custom hull because even when you cut them in 2, the standard hull has other "disadvantages".

You say that while both you and I are making two deckers on top of standard hulls! :-P

Wow... that is going to one LONG ship if you are going to stick with the 3 studs between cannons spacing!

You say that while both you and I are making two deckers on top of standard hulls! :-P

You think so? It's a ship with six mid sections... There will be 2 cannons on front and back, and there will also be some cannons on the upper deck...

You think so? It's a ship with six mid sections... There will be 2 cannons on front and back, and there will also be some cannons on the upper deck...

So what you mean to say is it will have one gun deck, and a main deck above that which will have some guns on it as well... I guess to me that is a 'two-decker'

So what you mean to say is it will have one gun deck, and a main deck above that which will have some guns on it as well... I guess to me that is a 'two-decker'

if a ship has only a few cannons on top compared to the amount on the gun deck, i'd consider it a 1 decker. i think it was common to have a couple of long-guns on the bow and stern on the top deck. makes it easier to take out those pesky vessels that want to go after the stern and bow only :-$

Mr. Tiber,

Are there going to have any carronades on the top deck?

We should maybe write gun-deck, because thats what we (Me and Mr. Tiber) mean.

On L'Orient I could put 20 canons on the 1 gundeck with 3 studs between the cannons and 6 hull-mid-sections.

Maybe you could make this 24 if you are very creative and don't have a captains quarter.

So by putting some cannons on the deck, you could go just above 30.

This is always confusing, to me, a ship with 2 real gun decks is a two decker, but to others, a ship with a gun deck and an upper deck is a 2 decker. And others also count the stern caslte........ Confusing!

Mr. Tiber,

Are there going to have any carronades on the top deck?

Good idea! Yes!

This is always confusing, to me, a ship with 2 real gun decks is a two decker, but to others, a ship with a gun deck and an upper deck is a 2 decker. And others also count the stern caslte........ Confusing!

Good idea! Yes!

Ahh. Well then 30 to 40 isn't out of the question. I think the Arbiter II is on pace for 38-40.

Another impressive looking ship coming along, mr. tiber, you are building up quite a flett arn't you? *y* I'll be interested to see how this one comes out ;-) Hope it comes out how you want it to :skel1:

Actually, I do live with my parents. That's why I can afford to buy Lego :-D

Buuuut, I started to build a house of my own which will be finished in about 2 years.

Ah... Well, my parents do allow me to buy from bricklink but I recently ordered something and if I ask if I may do it now, they will say: "Again?! You just ordered something!"

So I guess that I'm a bit older than you Mr. Tiber.

Anyways, I'm 13 and "a bit" is like 1 to 3 years to me, and I don't think you're fifteen if you're already building a house of your own! :-P

Ah... Well, my parents do allow me to buy from bricklink but I recently ordered something and if I ask if I may do it now, they will say: "Again?! You just ordered something!"

Anyways, I'm 13 and "a bit" is like 1 to 3 years to me, and I don't think you're fifteen if you're already building a house of your own! :-P

I'm must say that your English is excellent being only 13 years old and Dutch being your native language!

But aren't you afraid you might still have to go through that "phase" where things like Lego won't be so interesting anymore? I had such a period (when my Lego was in the basement) for some years while growing up. Maybe I'm just asking silly and off-topic questions :-$ ...

I'm must say that your English is excellent being only 13 years old and Dutch being your native language!

Thank you!

But aren't you afraid you might still have to go through that "phase" where things like Lego won't be so interesting anymore? I had such a period (when my Lego was in the basement) for some years while growing up. Maybe I'm just asking silly and off-topic questions :-$ ...

Not really. My dark "ages" mostly don't last longer than a day or two... :-P

Mr. Tiber

You are building a nice vessel. *y* *y* I am curious to see what it looks like in some updated pictures.

I don

Wow! There is a bit of smack talk going on here against my brother. I see Mr. Tiber and Bonaparte have sided against the Dame du Loup. Well, I am going to have to intervene and even up the odds by joining my brothers side. I bring with me 14 ships over 100 nonMOC cannons and around 500 men. :-P :-P :-P :-P *sweet*

Me and my army are waiting :-D

napoleonic_army_15-01-2007-2.jpg