reload

MOC: LEGO Colosseum

Another congrats to you 'reload'.....making it on Seven's Sunrise a few minutes ago ! :wink:

I can't wait to see the chariot you were in the throws of making while on you were on TV to be completed.:wink:

Edited by lightningtiger

All I can say is stunning. I love the detail of the present day ruins. :oh:

I also checked out your Flickr, and your creations are amazing. :wub:

Brilliant idea, Wonderful execution. That dosn't look tike the Pope in the Popemobile. Did some shady character rustle the holy father's wheels? That's not very nice if he did. :sceptic:

Breathtaking! I love the clash of present/past, it's a genius touch I wouldn't have though of. It's very detailed an it looks amazing!

Great MOC, the idea of making half Colosseum in the past and half in the present is brilliant! :classic:

However, I'm not sure that making it white is a good choice... :sceptic:

What an amazing MOC! 200,000 bricks... I can only dream of that many! Really original that its both historic and current day! An incredible MOC. Well done!

What a beautifull creation have you made!

Well done! :classic:

Hi Everyone,

I had a EB friend of mine e-mail me that sadly the model has not been well received in Italy by LEGO fans based there. I am really very sorry to disappoint you, i certainly meant no offence in building it the way I did.

http://www.romabrick.it/smf/index.php?topic=165.0

Some questions that he translated and asked me;

How long did the project take;

I had 5 weeks from start of build to get it build and shipped interstate. so about 4 weeks to plan and build it.

Why did I build it in white?

I chose white because of the very short time frame, I didn't have enough Tan available, plus the museum that it is located in is relatively dark, thus were very comfortable with it in white.

Personally as a representation I think it looks great it white, particularly as it is in a dark museum.

Some parts do not look correct on it;

Its not designed to be a 100% accurate scale model, it is LEGO, after all the emperor is in the pope mobile! It is my artistic version, and given I also chose to do half old style and half ruins I think that kind of distinguishes that its not a 100% prototype.

I'm pretty sure that if you asked a thousand people what it is, that all thousand would say exactly what it was.

As for the other questions about my poor skills and chosen profession, I think ill leave those unanswered. :sweet:

Hi Everyone,

I had a EB friend of mine e-mail me that sadly the model has not been well received in Italy by LEGO fans based there.

Looking at the comments on that Italian blog site, most of them are petty and appear to come from bloggers who are jealous of your work.

One person suggests that they are working on a 'realistic' model but it won't be ready for many years.

It is noted that not one of the negative bloggers produced photos of their MOC of the colosseum.

Perhaps you should have made it very realistic and included some of the activities outside the building today:-

* pickpockets by the dozens

* 'ladies' looking for business

* beggars

* 2000 cars and buses clogging the surrounding streets .

The use of white bricks is great as it highlights many features inside the MOC which would otherwise be hidden by darker colours.

It is a fantastic MOC and you have every reason to be proud.

To be a great MOC, it needs humour and you have certainly shown that here. I love the Emperor arriving in the Popemobile.

As an added touch, do you think that you could add an Italian AFOL being eaten by a lion.

Great work, mate. :thumbup:

Hi Everyone,

I had a EB friend of mine e-mail me that sadly the model has not been well received in Italy by LEGO fans based there. I am really very sorry to disappoint you, i certainly meant no offence in building it the way I did.

http://www.romabrick.it/smf/index.php?topic=165.0

Some questions that he translated and asked me;

How long did the project take;

I had 5 weeks from start of build to get it build and shipped interstate. so about 4 weeks to plan and build it.

Why did I build it in white?

I chose white because of the very short time frame, I didn't have enough Tan available, plus the museum that it is located in is relatively dark, thus were very comfortable with it in white.

Personally as a representation I think it looks great it white, particularly as it is in a dark museum.

Some parts do not look correct on it;

Its not designed to be a 100% accurate scale model, it is LEGO, after all the emperor is in the pope mobile! It is my artistic version, and given I also chose to do half old style and half ruins I think that kind of distinguishes that its not a 100% prototype.

I'm pretty sure that if you asked a thousand people what it is, that all thousand would say exactly what it was.

As for the other questions about my poor skills and chosen profession, I think ill leave those unanswered. :sweet:

Lol... sounds like you trod on some toes Ryan, but then how were you to know that these guys owned the colosseum? :hmpf: Actually, it kinda reads as though they have an existing colosseum project that they anticipated to be "the biggest in the world" etc - at one stage they express concern that with your model at 200 000 bricks, they are in trouble... (that could be a bad translation though)

Oh well, takes all types i guess. At least they enjoyed the popemobile, so they can't be completely devoid of a sense of fun! :wink:

There are no such questions in the forum, nobody criticized your skills and profession.

Thank you for the other answers.

Edited by Lego Amaryl

There are no such questions in the forum, nobody criticized your skills and profession.

Thank you for the other answers.

I think that you missed a keyword in 'reload's' post; Some

"Some questions that he translated and asked me;"

I believe that his friend sent him an email and 'reload' answered some of them in his post.

I would imagine that the other questions are in the email. :laugh:

Looking at the comments on that Italian blog site, most of them are petty and appear to come from bloggers who are jealous of your work.

One person suggests that they are working on a 'realistic' model but it won't be ready for many years.

It is noted that not one of the negative bloggers produced photos of their MOC of the colosseum.

Perhaps you should have made it very realistic and included some of the activities outside the building today:-

* pickpockets by the dozens

* 'ladies' looking for business

* beggars

* 2000 cars and buses clogging the surrounding streets .

The use of white bricks is great as it highlights many features inside the MOC which would otherwise be hidden by darker colours.

It is a fantastic MOC and you have every reason to be proud.

To be a great MOC, it needs humour and you have certainly shown that here. I love the Emperor arriving in the Popemobile.

As an added touch, do you think that you could add an Italian AFOL being eaten by a lion.

Great work, mate. :thumbup:

This is really offensive.

I am reporting this to the administrators.

This is really offensive.

I am reporting this to the administrators.

I'm Italian, too, but I do not find it as offensive as you seem to see it. I mean, the elements he listed are all more or less part of the actual Coloisseum area (as of many other cities worldwide, especially in tourist areas), especially the traffic jams. :laugh:

Anyway, I see that comment as more of a hype/joke, and thus it should be taken light-heartedly. Let's not start wars when there is no reason to do so, please.

I'm Italian, too, but I do not find it as offensive as you seem to see it. I mean, the elements he listed are all more or less part of the actual Coloisseum area (as of many other cities worldwide, especially in tourist areas), especially the traffic jams. :laugh:

I live in Rome since 33 years and I have never experienced pickpockets, burglars, PROSTITUTES near the colosseum, and I've studied at a university that was attached to it. This is very stereotypical of one who has NEVER been there. I feel entitled to be not only offended but HIGHLY OUTRAGED as a roman citizen. I ask myself wheter you are roman or not (though I already know the answer), and if you have been there or not. If you have been there I challenge you to point me a PROSTITUTE near the coliseum.

Anyway, I see that comment as more of a hype/joke, and thus it should be taken light-heartedly. Let's not start wars when there is no reason to do so, please.

Why? When you are slapped in the face, would you like the other person to say you "I didn't slap you that hard, don't whine please"?. YOU know how hard it felt, not the person who slapped you. That was offensive, and if you are not roman, you can't see that.

Edited by Itaria No Shintaku