wonkyeye

LOTR & The Hobbit 2012

has anyone who's got weathertop please try to answer this. The aragorn minifig, has it got a whole with the 3 bars at the top of the head or is the hole filled?

Thanks

The hole is filled.

has anyone who's got weathertop please try to answer this. The aragorn minifig, has it got a whole with the 3 bars at the top of the head or is the hole filled?

Thanks

I did a quick check in my local collection (lots of Town and LOTR): ALL minifigures from 2011 sets and later are filled. All minifigures from 2010 and earlier have the 3 bars.

And if I was in the house where the bulk of my town collection is, I'd tell you the exact year when minifigs switched from full stud to 3 bars. I suspect in the early 90s.

Edited by SheepEater

I did a quick check in my local collection (lots of Town and LOTR): ALL minifigures from 2011 sets and later are filled. All minifigures from 2010 and earlier have the 3 bars.

One point worth noting, however, is that my orcs, Uruk-hai, etc. do have the 3 bars design on their heads...

Not sure why... I just checked a bald LOTR figure (the Mordor orc in this case) after reading this post and noticed that.

Edited by General Magma

One point worth noting, however, is that my orcs, Uruk-hai, etc. do have the 3 bars design on their heads...

Not sure why... I just checked a bald LOTR figure (the Mordor orc in this case) after reading this post and noticed that.

After your post, I checked mine again and it seems I have missed some!

My 2 mordor orcs, and the one Uruk-Hai coming in the Orc Forge have the 3 bar design.

Lurtz, Berserker Uruk-Hai, and the Moria Orcs have closed stud.

Among the remaining 7 uruk-hai from 9471 and 9474, one of them have the 3 bar design and the other 6 don't. Can't tell from which set though since I mixed them up. I could only tell the Orc Forge one because I used the White Hand helmet on him.

Edited by SheepEater

After your post, I checked mine again and it seems I have missed some!

My 2 mordor orcs, and the one Uruk-Hai coming in the Orc Forge have the 3 bar design.

Lurtz, Berserker Uruk-Hai, and the Moria Orcs have closed stud.

Among the remaining 7 uruk-hai from 9471 and 9474, one of them have the 3 bar design and the other 6 don't. Can't tell from which set though since I mixed them up. I could only tell the Orc Forge one because I used the White Hand helmet on him.

I asked the question as i've got two Eomer minifigs and one is filled with the other one has 3 bars. the same applies to the frodo that i have. I was wondering whether someone had a minifig of Aragorn with the 3 bars, as they seem of a better quality of plastic.

Is it really important weather the minifig heads are filled or have the 3 bag design?

The only difference I've noticed is that you create a seal when you attach the minifig head (if it's filled) which makes it a little harder to remove.

Is it really important weather the minifig heads are filled or have the 3 bag design?

Well, wouldn't you want any holes in your head filled? :tongue:

Well, wouldn't you want any holes in your head filled? :tongue:

I would rather my mouth and ears stay open thank you.

I would rather my mouth and ears stay open thank you.

no kidding :laugh:

Wwll, the ones that have the 3 bar design seem to be of better quality, in terms of the plastic used.

I have to say that the unreasonable long difference between the North American release and the European release have made me lose interest in the LOTR sets. My plan was to get several of them, but now it will only be one or two of the smaller sets. I have simply seen too much of these sets since any fan in the US basically have them now and show them on all LEGO sites I read, while I have waited and still have to wait a small month yet and that even though all Danes basically lives within a maximum of 300 km from the LEGO Factory producing 24/7... :angry::hmpf_bad:

"For the belgian fans, I just received the confirmation from the LEGO PR Manager Nordic Benelux (which is a really kind person) who says that all the LOTR sets will be available in August."

- Posted by jikamuseum on Brickset today.

Now we finally have a decent confirmation of a "release" here in Belgium :thumbup:

Although there are some people who say some sets are already avaiable in Holland.

Edited by Moexy

"For the belgian fans, all the LOTR sets will be available in August."

Now we finally have a decent confirmation of a "release" here in Belgium.

Ah man, I was hoping for a release somewhere this month. That leaves me 1 month without any new sets. :hmpf_bad:

Now I will buy the Batmobile set for sure although it's a bit pricy here. I still hope that Lego will release the sets earlier on their official site. I already got some strange looks from cashiers when I buy 2-3 sets of LEGO. :wink:

"For the belgian fans, I just received the confirmation from the LEGO PR Manager Nordic Benelux (which is a really kind person) who says that all the LOTR sets will be available in August."

- Posted by jikamuseum on Brickset today.

Now we finally have a decent confirmation of a "release" here in Belgium :thumbup:

Although there are some people who say some sets are already avaiable in Holland.

I too can confirm that all the LOTR sets are already available in the Netherlands: at least in selected toy shops (but not the chain-stores). These are however toy shops that have their own suppliers, which I think are based in Germany.

I already own all the sets except 9474 Helm's Deep (although I have seen it on the shelf): and bought them from a variety of shops / online, all based in the Netherlands.

Edited by Alldarker

I too can confirm that all the LOTR sets are already available in the Netherlands: at least in selected toy shops (but not the chain-stores). These are however toy shops that have their own suppliers, which I think are based in Germany.

I already own all the sets except 9474 Helm's Deep (although I have seen it on the shelf): and bought them from a variety of shops / online, all based in the Netherlands.

Confirmation for The Netherlands seconded - the usual store I buy sets at already had all sets except for Weathertop, just 2 days ago.

If your somewhere near Orange County CA, someone is selling both "Battle of helms deep" and "Uruk-Hai Army" sets for only $125 on Craigslist. Just giving everyone a heads up.

My link

still have to wait a small month yet and that even though all Danes basically lives within a maximum of 300 km from the LEGO Factory producing 24/7... :angry::hmpf_bad:

Here in Mexico there's still isn't a release date even though the main factory is located here :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Why not taking advantage of your proximity then?

You're Bilbo Baggins - the expert BURGLAR! If you stole treasure from Smaug :dangry: then a little factory should be no problem. :innocent2:

Why not taking advantage of your proximity then?

You're Bilbo Baggins - the expert BURGLAR! If you stole treasure from Smaug :dangry: then a little factory should be no problem. :innocent2:

One does not simply walk into a 'little factory'...

Its metallic gates are guarded by more than just employees. There is evil there that does not sleep...

...Well, it surely does look as if they're trying to poke fun at you guys. :tongue:

No availability near the factories, and not even in New Zealand itself. Wouldn't worry too much, though - The Netherlands was supposed to get them in August,

maybe late July if we were lucky... now I managed to pick up 6 of the sets 2 days ago, and the sets are available in most retail stores as well here now.

I don't think it will take much longer for the rest of you.

Edited by General Magma

Uk peeps, the Argos website says the LOTR sets are up for pre-order, with delivery (i.e. release date) of July 21st.

Linky

Luckily they still honoured any reservations that were made before they took the sets down of the site. I picked some up yesterday and have Wethertop to pick up tomorrow. they are better than I expected.

Luckily they still honoured any reservations that were made before they took the sets down of the site. I picked some up yesterday and have Wethertop to pick up tomorrow. they are better than I expected.

I wish I'd seen them, I missed it. Now I've got to wait. I really want the Uruk hai army, mostly for the rohan figs, well torsos really...

Pardon the randomness of my comment, but I just can't shake the excitement from this line! LotR was my #1 most-wanted theme, so it's still hard to believe it's now a reality. :sweet:

I'm getting really excited for Comic Con next week. I'm hoping for some new set reveals there (maybe even a hint at The Hobbit sets).