Sign in to follow this  
ACPin

Jabba's Palace Building Challenge

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

Just got in the snail mail today;

7473079256_e3f5f29764_c.jpg

AC

PS. I have no intentions to join this contest. But it would be fun to see what entries EB members submit for those who enter the contest.

Sounds interesting. There's not an age limit of any kind? This looks like yet another project for me to start, even though that $100 wouldn't last me very long!

EDIT: You're not entering? Looks like everyone's now got a better chance!

Edited by purpleparadox

Wait a second....it says: "and you can even decorate it using Lego pieces". :wacko: Is that implying that the entries won't be mainly Lego?

I might enter this if there's no age limit.

Sounds interesting. There's not an age limit of any kind? This looks like yet another project for me to start, even though that $100 wouldn't last me very long!

EDIT: You're not entering? Looks like everyone's now got a better chance!

C'mon this contest is geared to a younger age group.

Make sure someone builds a rancor pit! :laugh:

:thumbup:

Wait a second....it says: "and you can even decorate it using Lego pieces". :wacko: Is that implying that the entries won't be mainly Lego?

I might enter this if there's no age limit.

Check the contest rules on the site and you have to be a Lego Club member.

So is this TLG way of telling us that JP is too small?

No, they're trying to find out what to build next to complement it. :tongue:

AC

Looks like TLG might be fishing around for ideas for what fans want for the addition to the palace(AKA Rancor Pit)???

Could be fun if anyone can enter, I'm a Lego Club member.

My 6 year old brother get's these magazines and I will look through them with him. After seeing the winners of past contests I would say yes it is probably more of a kid thing. Expect to see some multi-colored palaces :thumbup:

Very interesting contest lego is having. I personal have no interest in entering it but, to me this is a great, big sign that says, "RANCOR PIT 2013"...

If look at the picture, the towere that is included in Jabba's Palace is not there meaning that any possible build-on set would have to go on the bottom of Jabba's Palace and what is on the bottom of Jabba's Throne Room in the Movies, the Rancor Pit.

I personally think the contest is again, just a smart way of getting people more into the possiblity of a Rancor Pit. Hopefully we'll see in 2013, and hopefully that 100$ prize will not be the cost of it.

This is a great contest but I think it's geared towards children and personally I don't think we adults should enter. BUT... we could make an unofficial side contest here on Eurobricks and upload our versions for all to see.

This is a great contest but I think it's geared towards children and personally I don't think we adults should enter. BUT... we could make an unofficial side contest here on Eurobricks and upload our versions for all to see.

Agreed. It would be a bit unfair for those kids if some hardcore expert AFOLs enter.

You can't hold an actual contest on EB without staff approval, but it's okay if you just want to make 'entries' and post them on EB without entering them in TLG's contest.

You can't hold an actual contest on EB without staff approval, but it's okay if you just want to make 'entries' and post them on EB without entering them in TLG's contest.

If you decide to build an entry to take on the challenge, you can post it as a separate thread and just add a link to it here. Btw, there are also good ideas from the CB SW VI - ROTJ.

AC