Sign in to follow this  
Starwars4J

Have you pre-ordered the new Millennium Falcon yet?

Have you pre-ordered the new Millenium Falcon yet?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. So fess up :-P

• Yup! As soon as it became available and I saw :-)
    • Not yet, but I will before pre-orders end, I just need to get some money together first...
    • Nah, I'll pick it up after all the hype has died down
    • Nope. It really doesn't appeal to me
    • Nope. I really like it but that's way too much...
    • One?! I have at least two ordered :-D

A recent topic in the Millennium Falcon topic made me wonder this. So have you?

I have, but just one. I know we'll get at least one for the last option 8-| ;-)

Star Wars is cool, Lego Star Wars is even cooler, but it's not worthy of 500 USD (I'm waiting for the Cafe Corner, that will be great).

I did the "nah" one. I really like. I just don't have the money...that should be an option!

what? you dont have a "i ordered the max number possible borrowing all possible addresses including my aunt's" option. ;-)

I did the "nah" one. I really like. I just don't have the money...that should be an option!

I edited the poll to include that option, and changed your vote to what you said :-)

what? you dont have a "i ordered the max number possible borrowing all possible addresses including my aunt's" option. blink.gif

That's what the last one is for :-P

I think it's a great set, which proves Lego is beginning to listen

to what the AFOL community really wants. But for me, I could never spend

that much money on one set (well I could, but I just haven't seen a set that

that I would spend that much on). Maybe if they released a

huge classic castle type set with 5000+ pieces and 40 menfigures :'-)

My lego budget is about $1,000 per year, and that millenium falcon would be half my budget

then I would have to forgo something else, which I can't :-/

I would really love to have this set... but alas, it is too much money. *sad* Not only would I not be able to spend any money on anything for a long while, (I wonder how long I can go without food... :-P ) I don't think I'd have enough room for it.

Oh well... I can still dream. :'-)

I edited the poll to include that option, and changed your vote to what you said :-)

Thanks!

It's a great Lego model,maybe the best ever made, but I won't buy it.

If it was old gray, I would have bought it. Then at least I know I can do something with the pieces after it has sat on my table for a year or two.

The other problem is that it's too big - it's much easier to display tall thin large Lego constructions (like the Statue of Liberty). This thing would basically take up the entire table, but as it's flat, it doesn't really make a great display piece.

Oh, yeah, and it would cost about 800$ including taxes in Canada.... that's a small problem too... :-(

However, I'm with Wowplayer for the 5K part castle set. Even if it's bley.

Well, I got to admit that I ordered two as soon they became available in the USA.

Then of course I started feeling guilty for spending almost $1,100 on two LEGO sets. So, I'm digging through my extra stock to figure out what I can sell to make up for it. I already sold a MISB 4500, 4501 and 4504 to start building up the cash to pay the bill in October. At least we have eight more months before the charge hits our credit cards. *wacko*

This is going to be an expensive year for LEGO. I'm looking forward to the new Technic, Castle, (some of the) Mars Mission, Star Wars and the Creator sets. I think LEGO has done a great job in the past couple of years in brining out some fantastic sets across several different lines. So far, 2007 looks to be the best yet.

Not trying to be mean, but is it really nessasarry to preorder this? Some people have made some good points. Though this is without a doubt a very impressive set, because of price and size somthing tells me that this won't sell out the second it becomes avaible. I'd love to have this set to (and i'm not even a star wars fan), but i just can't see myself spending $500. Not trying come down on anyone who does though. To each his own. :-)

Not trying to be mean, but is it really nessasarry to preorder this? Some people have made some good points. Though this is without a doubt a very impressive set, because of price and size somthing tells me that this won't sell out the second it becomes avaible. I'd love to have this set to (and i'm not even a star wars fan), but i just see myself spending $500. Not trying come down on anyone who does though. To each his own. :-)

Well, the difference is that the pre-orders have that shiny certificate that collectors like me love :-P The first editions are only preorders I believe.

Nah, just too expensive. I can pick up a laptop (which I want as well) for just a bit more, so I'll go for that. I'm just a poor student, so I can't got spending 500 Euro just like that, unfortunately...

When the pictures of this truely beatifull set arrived on the net, there was no doubt that I would have liked to buy it, but once I saw the price, it did'nt take long to decide not to buy it :'-( .

4700 Dkkr is far more than I would ever pay for a lego set

NOt yet, but I reaklly think I will before the end of the month ;-) G, its going to be my bday present ordered way before :-D

Pre Order On !!

*yoda*

There was no way i was going to miss this awesome set. *wub* now for that long wait :-/ I do hope lego ship them early, i once got a set that was back-ordered a month early, so here's hoping X-D

As I have mentioned on previous posts, I have 2 on order, which 4J and I have discussed the idea of buying him one more, that is me paying for it of course. :-P The only thing I am wondering is if it will be too big to fit on the Cloud City landing base. *wacko*

As far as the rest of you are concerned, I completely understand your issue with the price and that you do have priorities other than LEGO that require money(Rent or School Books). I too used to be in that position. Have heart and just buy the non-collector's version when it comes out.

I would buy a third, but I will wait and see if they will indeed come out with a non-collector's version and that will be the one I intend to open instead of this one. X-D

DB

As I have mentioned on previous posts, I have 2 on order, which 4J and I have discussed the idea of buying him one more, that is me paying for it of course. :-P The only thing I am wondering is if it will be too big to fit on the Cloud City landing base. *wacko*

As far as the rest of you are concerned, I completely understand your issue with the price and that you do have priorities other than LEGO that require money(Rent or School Books). I too used to be in that position. Have heart and just buy the non-collector's version when it comes out.

I would buy a third, but I will wait and see if they will indeed come out with a non-collector's version and that will be the one I intend to open instead of this one. X-D

DB

Well what I ended up doing was buying three of them. One I'll keep and open, and I'm selling two in a few years. I really hope it goes well, it's a big gamble on my part, but I think it'll be worth it. With my luck I'll get a gold 3PO in one of those sets that I sell :-P I might try the scale thing afterall with those ;-)

yup it's a big gamble for me too. but if it pays off, this should fund my hobby entirely...and then some. ;-)

initially i thought of buying cheap sets during clearance or buy 1 get 1 50% off sale but if this pays off, this is much better. i dont need to look out for sales and will be able to get sets when released instead of waiting for sales. :-)

tying up so much money for so many years (at least 2-3 years so no selling this until 2010 or longer) is a bit scary to me though. the boxes will be sitting in my basement so there's the worry of flood or burglary, etc.