Fives

Kingdoms 2012?

As an army builder this set is absolutely amazing. I find it strange that people are frowning upon this one given the absolutely amazing price. The battle packs don't come close to this for value. I'll probably pick up at least two of these as a farewell to Kingdoms.

At least two for me, also.

Thanks Nagyzee, I forgot about the horns in the helmets. Although the viking helm looks pretty aweful without the horns IMHO, so it never affected me. My queens weren't glued and I did not know some were. thanks again for the info...

I never checked until this conversation: my Queens and helmet horns are glued on my Vikings.

I'd rather they WEREN'T but, it's not a big deal.

Also...just a reminder for folks complaining about the wizard instead of a Dragon 'king'...keep in mind that the wizard IS the leader of the Dragon faction, according to LEGO's storyline...hence, he's the 'king'.

Edited by Ogre

I made a brickbuilt wall in LDD comparable to the plastic one that this comes with and it came to about 240 pieces. So those complaining about that plastic wall piece (which doesn't seem to be needed to keep the chess board together, i.e. you can throw it away if you so wish) should keep that in mind. If this set had come with a brickbuilt wall it probably would've cost at least $25-30 more.

*snip*

Now this would make me by the set no questions asked. I'll probably end up getting this for the figures at some point, but this would make it a great set.

The brick show did a review on the set. Here is the link

As i suspected the green base plate is not glued to the plastic mold it fits in it. Plus the figures are not the bad quality ones, unfortunately the case that is stated in the description on the lego site is misleading. The case is actually the box itself and not a separate item.

This is a great army builder and I will be getting another one soon.

they made the review and they havent said a word about baseplate.

what do you think, is is hard plastic or soft?

50$ is awsome price, but 60€ not so good afterall :/

they made the review and they havent said a word about baseplate.

what do you think, is is hard plastic or soft?

50$ is awsome price, but 60€ not so good afterall :/

The baseplate from the video looks like a soft flexy plastic. I wish it had holes underneath so that it can stick to a flat baseplate.

Great set I couldn't buy the 2008 one it was 500$AU at the shop. I hope this can be cheaper, although I prefer this one because I do not like fantasy.

Don`t just gt one get two or three because its a great deal for the price and truly a gift from lego.

I wish lego would keep selling the discontinued kingdoms sets from last year online since we are not getting new sets this year. Id buy 2 of each.

The Chess Set became available only a few days ago on European S@Hs and the first batch is already sold out. Hopefully there will be more. It seems it's quite successful or alternatively that they have opened with very little stock.

Has Anyone been able to pick up one of these yet? Is the plastic good quality?

The figure's are from the country we don't want them to be from. You can actually see the quality difference between a kingdoms chess fig and a non chess kingdoms fig.

The figure's are from the country we don't want them to be from. You can actually see the quality difference between a kingdoms chess fig and a non chess kingdoms fig.

Can you post some photos captain? I was gonna purchase this tonight... If the quality is not as good i will just continue to pick them up elsewhere.

So we got a new chess set, but according to Cwetqo it might not be all we are getting: "like in Kingdoms (which was also well recepted and got additional small wave and exclusive set and will get at least one new set, besides chess)." (in Monster Fighters discussion topic)

Cwetqo has been very trustworthy in these things before, as far as I've seen, so it seems like a real possibility. Now the question is: what could it be? Certainly not a normal retail set, nor a big D2C set as the Joust was released just a while ago. A coin bank? A tic tac toe game? A CMF clearly related to Kingdoms, like a king for the Dragon Knights? Something none of us can foresee?

So we got a new chess set, but according to Cwetqo it might not be all we are getting: "like in Kingdoms (which was also well recepted and got additional small wave and exclusive set and will get at least one new set, besides chess)." (in Monster Fighters discussion topic)

Cwetqo has been very trustworthy in these things before, as far as I've seen, so it seems like a real possibility. Now the question is: what could it be? Certainly not a normal retail set, nor a big D2C set as the Joust was released just a while ago. A coin bank? A tic tac toe game? A CMF clearly related to Kingdoms, like a king for the Dragon Knights? Something none of us can foresee?

I'm hoping for a D2C civilian set. Either one good sized building or an MMV like one. But, more Kingdoms in general cooed never be a bad thing.

Oh man, that would be exciting. A Dragon King would make me very happy.

I'm trying to think of what kind of classic set they didn't make for Kingdoms and wouldn't be close to something represented in LotR. We got a couple carts, a blacksmith, a tower and siege engine, a joust, a civilian set with the Mill Villiage... What about an Armor shop or small boat? I must say, with such a short run, TLG definitely hit the important stuff.

I'm sure you're right that it would be something besides a traditional set, but I can wish. An armor shop that plugs built into the wall like this would send me over the moon with joy.

http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=6041-1

Can you post some photos captain? I was gonna purchase this tonight... If the quality is not as good i will just continue to pick them up elsewhere.

Some photos on the chess set. Personally I think the quality is a big issue, but LEGO don't care and won't care, no matter what we say. Otherwise such issue would have been stopped at the battlepacks, instead of continuing to use inferior parts into other sets/products.

DSC02370.jpg

DSC02372.jpg

Made in China minifig. Cursed mark confirm this. Quality is bad for the lion, but totally unacceptable for the Dragons (Unfortunately I am not able to provide a picture, but the print and colour of the torso are so dull - it is almost like two different minifigs when you place one from the set beside them)

DSC02373.jpg

The oval shield is coloured in different shades - it is so different from the one in 7187 that I don't think anyone can use them together in an army.

I highly doubt we'll see a Dragon King, in CMF or in another set, because we basically already know the Evil Wizard is the ruler of the Dragon Knights. As for this possible new set, I would imagine it will be a large, possibly D2C set. Probably something with peasants, or maybe even a Dragon Knight Castle. Or something completely unexpected like a set with more Falcon Knights.

I would be very happy to see another Falcon Knights set, because it was my first lego castle 30 years ago and I still have warm memories about it, but at this stage its really impossible to tell. It will not be D2C set, beacuse those are well guarded we usualy get to know about them just days before official presentation. My bet is on Dragon Castle, but this is just my speculation.

Possibly a new Kingdoms set? That would be great. It sucks that they discontinued the line after having only such a short time. It seems to be the best Castle theme so far - I've looked at the sets from '95 until now which I didn't follow during my "dark ages", but none of them seem as good as Kingdoms. Luckily I've managed to snatch up a lot of the sets at a fair price in the last 5-6 weeks, though still missing some - King's wagon, Prison Tower, the small Prison, and Joust. Of those I'd mostly want the knights from the prison sets, and Joust. I could've gotten the wagon, but skipped as it didn't fit into my planned diorama idea and seemed expensive for what it was. Of course since then I've gotten into my head that I want one of each Kingdoms set regardless... pfff.

Anyway, hard to speculate what the new set would be. I suppose a Black Falcon set would be cool, since they were my main army back in the day, but I don't think it's that likely, since in the end the Kingdoms theme is about the Lions and Green Dragons. A Dragon castle would make sense, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Some photos on the chess set. Personally I think the quality is a big issue, but LEGO don't care and won't care, no matter what we say. Otherwise such issue would have been stopped at the battlepacks, instead of continuing to use inferior parts into other sets/products.

DSC02370.jpg

Wow i thought the same thing... I asked lego for a replacement

I didn't see a problem with the quality of my Chess set. I did just now compare chess and non-chess soldier/knight figs side by side. Sure there's a difference, but honestly I'm not very bothered about it. The main difference appears to be that the non-chess ones are shinier, mostly in the golden parts. And the pearl dark grey helmets and such have more of a shine as well. So overall the chess set is more subdued, but I only really noticed the difference once I specifically started looking for it. So for the price, I can't really complain. For example I'd like to buy the Prison Tower Rescue set, but that costs as much as one and a half chess sets while having only 5 figures and only 365 pieces in general. So the PTR feels like a ripoff, considering I'd mostly want it for the mounted Lion knight.

I don't think the quality of plastic matters, they have to cut corners to bring you so many minifigures for a reasonable price.