Ssorg

MOC: Lapland Cabin with Two Seasons

Very original project and extremely well executed.

I'm guessing that the small cabin on the side is the sauna? :wink:

Good luck in the CUUSOO journey!

Gorgeous! I love the way you've achieved the look of a thick, heavy cover of snow on the roof. It gives me a very Nordic vibe. And the inclusion of the sauna makes it unmistakably Finnish :D

This is an excellent idea! Your design is very detailed and I'm sure many people will support your idea. :sweet:

I think the winter tree needs some snow on its branches.

Could be fitting, but in lack of white leaf parts one should add tons of small common parts, and I've tried to keep the piece count as minimum as possible to keep it as plausible as possible for a CUUSOO project - a candidate for an official set. Of course, TLG could easily include some white leaf parts in the set.

You gotta love the mere existence of the sauna! :) Hyvvä! :wub:

You kidding me?! :wink: Like I say in the description on CUUSOO:

A Finnish/Lapland cabin without sauna would be utter heresy and horrific blasphemy!

:laugh:

I'm guessing that the small cabin on the side is the sauna? :wink:

Now how on Earth a foreigner could guess that so easily? As if you've been to Lapland and seen saunas! :wink:

And much thanks to everyone else too for your comments! :classic:

Oh and VERY MUCH thanks to CopMike for frontpaging this! Another Nordic person from Sweden helping his neighbour! :sweet:

Edited by Ssorg

Fantastic creation - I enjoyed seeing every bit of it !!

This is brilliant! I am really impressed with how easy you made it to switch seasons :thumbup:

The full interiors are another beautiful touch, I supported on Cuusoo and can easily see this becoming a set :classic:

This is brilliant! I am really impressed with how easy you made it to switch seasons :thumbup:

The full interiors are another beautiful touch, I supported on Cuusoo and can easily see this becoming a set :classic:

Thank you too for supporting and commenting. I too think it should be hard for TLG to reject this. For the very least a set couldn't be more family friendly. :tongue:

Edited by Ssorg

What a wonderful Winter Village set this would be for so many fans! :wub:

You have nailed every great design and realistic aspect -- I enjoy looking at the photos over & over again! Thanks.

Best of Luck!

Great log cabin. :sweet: I especially like all the wood detailing around the porch. The beach made out of long slopes works really well and the way it's integrated into the rest of the landscape immediately caught my eye.

Thank you too for supporting and commenting. I too think it should be hard for TLG to reject this. For the very least a set couldn't be more family friendly. :tongue:

It seems like the next Winter Village set is going to be a log cabin. So, if those rumours come true, I doubt your project has any chance. :sceptic:

It seems like the next Winter Village set is going to be a log cabin. So, if those rumours come true, I doubt your project has any chance. :sceptic:

It could pose a problem of some sort, but I wouldn't go to say this won't have "any chance".

Ok, maybe they'll drop the winter aspect of this, so that it wouldn't compete with the winter village theme, and would also bring down price.

Also, there's no telling how long will it take to gain 10,000 supports, and even after that it'd be a long time period before ending up as a final product for sale. Meaning, it may not overlap some upcoming set. We'll see.

Anyway, this is precisely the reason why I wanted to have many projects on CUUSOO. If some of them fails, I've still got several other chances! :laugh:

Edited by Ssorg

Could be fitting, but in lack of white leaf parts one should add tons of small common parts, and I've tried to keep the piece count as minimum as possible to keep it as plausible as possible for a CUUSOO project - a candidate for an official set. Of course, TLG could easily include some white leaf parts in the set.

I was thinking some 1x1 and 1x2 white tiles.

Edited by gotoAndLego

I was thinking some 1x1 and 1x2 white tiles.

Yes it could work in terms of looks, but there's the piece count thing: it would probably go beyond 3,000. One hundred or two may not be a drastic increase in price with a set of this scale, but going past another thousand might have more of a psychological impact. In itself, snowy trees is a good idea. For TLG it'd probably be easiest just to add some white leaf pieces in addition to green ones.

Edited by Ssorg

This is so cool and a great idea from you. I have to support the project :laugh:

Wow, what a beautiful build! I personally love camping/hiking/being in the outdoors so this MOC really hits it home with me. You've included tons of great details, in particular I really like the railings around the porch and the sandy slope going down into the water. I'll definitely be voting for your CUUSOO project and I might just have to build myself a little cabin because this just looks great :thumbup:

What a unique idea! I especially like some of the details on the winter scene, such as the snowmobile and trailer. As someone who has (and loves) a cottage, you've definitely got my support.

Very much thanks to Mencot, Combee and DarthNick for your great feedback and support on CUUSOO. Very much appreciated. :sweet:

Supported! I would only suggest possibly adding some snow on the tree branches for that freshly fallen snow effect. :wub:

Supported! I would only suggest possibly adding some snow on the tree branches for that freshly fallen snow effect. :wub:

Thanks for supporting. :classic: We've had some discussion here about snow on trees, but just remember this is not supposed to be the most perfect possible MOC but a plausible idea for a Lego set, so I've been trying to keep the piece count reasonable. TLG could easily add some white branch pieces for the snow effect for the winter "mode" of the set. Currently such pieces are not available in white to my knowledge.

Edited by Ssorg

awesome! put this on cuusoo so i can buy it!

Thanks, but what do you mean? It is on CUUSOO already. :tongue: