Sign in to follow this  
wokajablocka

Astromech Workplace Contest: R2 Saving the Day

R2D2's Scomplink

Astromech Workplace Contest: R2 Saving the Day

Hay Guys, Here is my entry:

R2D2 saving the day again as always buy interfacing to the computer system with his scomplink to gain control of the doors.

Approaching the scomplink interface pannel.

r2_1.png

Inserting the scomplink.

r2_2.png

Accessing the computer system.

r2_3.png

R2 Checking his back.

r2_4.png

I made the grill light up with the red light brick so the whole build is entirely made out of Lego. I beefed up R2's scomplink compared to the original that came with the UCS R2 for more detail but is too long to retract into the body like the sets feature. I ran out of white tiles for he floor so I could not make it very large and could not get a photo from very far away from the wall.

Overall I'm pleased with my entry, its not in Minifig scale but I wanted to do something different.

Edited by wokajablocka

Nicely done, very original and it has an astro-droid :tongue:

I certainly wouldn't have thought about working in a different scale.

Great entry! The control panel is really excellent. I've gotta say, I love it when contest entries are pushing the rules or creative, and this is definitely thinking outside the box. Awesome idea!

Oh my god! You just got a second UCS R2-R2! default_tong.gif

Seriously though, this is really good! Well done!

Good luck to you in the competition! default_classic.gif

I'm not after another UCS R2 but I wont say no to one. I just thought it was a cool contest and wanted to enter. I am missing some of those Minifig astromech's though. 5th place would suite me fine.

Sweet entry, the control panel really looks the part, goodluck! :thumbup:

Thanks, I did design it from a scene from Star Wars to use as reference.

Nicely done, very original and it has an astro-droid :tongue:

I certainly wouldn't have thought about working in a different scale.

I originally wanted to do the astromech docking bay from the Naboo starship which is similar to your last pic you posted for your entry. When looking at the UCS scomplink it need some beefing up and more detail them I had the idea of making a large scale control panel for the UCS r2 to interface.

Great entry! The control panel is really excellent. I've gotta say, I love it when contest entries are pushing the rules or creative, and this is definitely thinking outside the box. Awesome idea!

I hope I bent the rules enough to make my entry original and still be able to enter. I did purposely post this a little late so others would not have so much time to steal my idea. Its always great to do something original and get a better result when there are no other build to compare it to. I'm sure a lot of talented builder in this community would blow my entry out of the water if building the same thing.

I'm sure someone will have a similar idea as me, well we will have to wait and see. Thanks for the comments guys.

Love this entry! :wub: - Thinking big (UCS R2) and yet thinking small at the same time (a small scene with just one control panel). The control panel is very well done and the angles on your photography show the scene well. Makes me want to watch ESB! Good luck in the contest.