Sign in to follow this  
soccerkid6

Mitgardian Barracks

This is located in the town Sir Glorfindel rules (I will think of a name soon). Here a horseman alerts the soldiers that Victor Revolword's Elemental monsters have reached Mitgardia and are destroying towns and cities. As Glorfindel is away Drinian prepares as best he can for an attack. Sending 2 hand picked men to look for Glorfindel (coming soon).

I thought my interior building could use some work so this build was mainly focused on that. I used log bricks for the bulk of the building again, but this time in a pattern, and all the doors and window shutters open. The light bley tiles show where the cut-away walls would be. I'm quite happy with how this came out, though I think it looks quite a bit better in person. I am going to try and improve my picture-taking, so hopefully in the future that will change :classic:

Onto some pics:

7460464166_b0569e6441_o.jpg

Any comments or criticism appreciated :classic:

Edited by soccerkid6

Awesome work on this. I love the details like the bunk beds and the sword rack. Also, the guy looking out the window on the second floor's expression is priceless. Great work!

Edited by Umbro Stormborn

@mephistopheles: Thanks, it was fun using my new LOTR pieces with some older stuff :thumbup:

@Umbro Stormborn: Thank you :classic: Glad you noticed the guy in the window, took me a while to find a suitable head.

nicely Done. i really like the path out side the barracks, looks great in Dark Grey

Also the roof is great as well.

Good job

nicely Done. i really like the path out side the barracks, looks great in Dark Grey

Also the roof is great as well.

Good job

Thanks MikeyB :classic: The roof was probably the hardest part so I'm glad you like it.

The door looks really good and I like the windows. The walls look outstanding and so does the interior :thumbup:

Thank you, happy to hear you like it :classic:

Great build, love the roof, also, your horseman has the same head as my sig:)

The posing is great btw!

I think I say this in every moc you create... but I say it again! This is the best moc you done so far! Love it! The texture on the walls are great and I love the snow on the roof. White tiles on brown jumpers?

Great job!

Great build, love the roof, also, your horseman has the same head as my sig:)

The posing is great btw!

Thank you, hmm maybe I'll include your sig in one of my future MOC seeing as I have the head for him :thumbup:

I think I say this in every moc you create... but I say it again! This is the best moc you done so far! Love it! The texture on the walls are great and I love the snow on the roof. White tiles on brown jumpers?

Great job!

Thanks de Gothia :sweet: The snow is just white tiles on brown plates, in most of the snow splotches I replaced 2 brown 1x4 tiles with a brown 2x4 plate then hooked the white tiles up to that. Everyone always likes snow on the roof, and I can see why as it would be quite boring otherwise :laugh:

Nice job! Very nice walls, door, windows, roof and interior. But I also really like the cobblestone road. I've been trying different techniques for roads and courtyards but I really like how you did this one!:thumbup: The only criticism would me my dislike for open back buildings. But that aside as I know I am unique in that preference, I think this is probably my second favorite of the MOCs I have seen built by you, the first of course being the bridge.

Awesome! your building is really improving! not sure I like the yellow windows but it is a very nice build over all.

Nice job! Very nice walls, door, windows, roof and interior. But I also really like the cobblestone road. I've been trying different techniques for roads and courtyards but I really like how you did this one!:thumbup: The only criticism would me my dislike for open back buildings. But that aside as I know I am unique in that preference, I think this is probably my second favorite of the MOCs I have seen built by you, the first of course being the bridge.

Thank you :classic: Glad you like the road, I tried a few different things but this one seemed to work the best. I can see why you don't like open back buildings, I generally do a hinged back or modular style. But for this build it would have been an awfully small barracks if I hadn't done the open back :laugh:

Awesome! your building is really improving! not sure I like the yellow windows but it is a very nice build over all.

Thanks :dsweet: I tried out some trans white plates for the windows but they blended into the wall to much, and I didn't have nearly enough trans dark green plates :shrug_oh_well:

Great job again! Again a lot to love here, like the path, the shutters and the snow on the roof. But the idea of keeping the back is also great, and the interior screams Mitgardia! :thumbup:

Great job again! Again a lot to love here, like the path, the shutters and the snow on the roof. But the idea of keeping the back is also great, and the interior screams Mitgardia! :thumbup:

Thanks Ecclesiastes :sweet: I was quite happy with how the interior turned out :classic:

The palisade brick exterior is very individual and distinguished looking. Good job on the shutters and doors, my favourtie part is actually the ground, I think it looks great. The interior feels pretty bare and cold to me, can we interest you in some tapestries and furs?

:tongue:

Great MOC. I love the interior detail, like the beds, and I also like how you did the roof. Good work.

The palisade brick exterior is very individual and distinguished looking. Good job on the shutters and doors, my favourtie part is actually the ground, I think it looks great. The interior feels pretty bare and cold to me, can we interest you in some tapestries and furs?

:tongue:

Thank you, I liked the effect of the palisade bricks, and almost have more of them than normal bley bricks! It is a barracks for Mitgardian soldiers, so they are used to bare/cold :laugh:

Great barracks! I'm impressed with how many free builds you are doing. There are a lot of different textures going on on the outside for me. But the road is great and I love the insides and the handles on the door. I really like the way you did them, I don't recall seeing that before.

Great barracks! I'm impressed with how many free builds you are doing. There are a lot of different textures going on on the outside for me. But the road is great and I love the insides and the handles on the door. I really like the way you did them, I don't recall seeing that before.

Thanks Cara :classic: Glad you like the door handles, this 2540.jpg?0 works perfectly in my opinion.

A very nice, solid looking building, and the interior shots add a lot to the moc as well! :thumbup: The recessed windows look great, especially with the shutters upstairs, and i really like the front double doors. The snow and the cobblestones are well done too. One thing that i would suggest though is to vary the colour scheme of the walls a bit - as they are they look a touch drab and uniform to the eye - just a few corner accents and a stripe or two would work wonders. But then maybe that's just my Kaliphlin love of bright colours showing through? :laugh:

Anyway, nice work! And the rearing horse out the front is a very nice touch! :thumbup:

That's actually one of my favorite LEGO pieces. Just realized, how you used it as a handle. Great part usage! :thumbup:

Thanks mephistopheles, they are definitely useful!

A very nice, solid looking building, and the interior shots add a lot to the moc as well! :thumbup: The recessed windows look great, especially with the shutters upstairs, and i really like the front double doors. The snow and the cobblestones are well done too. One thing that i would suggest though is to vary the colour scheme of the walls a bit - as they are they look a touch drab and uniform to the eye - just a few corner accents and a stripe or two would work wonders. But then maybe that's just my Kaliphlin love of bright colours showing through? :laugh:

Anyway, nice work! And the rearing horse out the front is a very nice touch! :thumbup:

Thanks gabe! Thank you for mentioning the color scheme, I think you are right and I need to liven it up a bit :thumbup:

This is an excellent build! You've done a great job with the wall, using a rather unique building style. You've also got great color usage for your guild. The bunk beds are great, as is the street and the horsemen (as others have commented). You're building skill has improved dramatically, and I'm always impressed by your builds.

This is an excellent build! You've done a great job with the wall, using a rather unique building style. You've also got great color usage for your guild. The bunk beds are great, as is the street and the horsemen (as others have commented). You're building skill has improved dramatically, and I'm always impressed by your builds.

Thanks! I've always been impressed with your builds, especially the elven ones, your watchtower is stunning :classic: