DLuders

Jeroen Ottens' Lego Technic F-14 Tomcat

2499570474_2771b71f54_z.jpg

On his Flickr photostream, Jeroen Ottens posted 6 images of his Lego Technic F-14 Tomcat fighter aircraft. It looks something like Grohl would make! He wrote:

"This model is made from LEGO Technic. It has the following features:

- Electric controlled

- Canopy

- Cannon

- Swing wings

- Landing gear

- Landing gear bay doors

- Steering of front wheel

- 2 Engines

- Pneumatic compressor

- Pneumatically controlled

- Brakes (main fuselage+wings)

- Arrester hook

- Flaps (front & aft on main wings)

- Glove vanes

- Air Intake Control System doors

- Main landing gear lock

- Manual controlled

- Vertical flaps

- Differentially controlled stabilators

- Air fuel intake nozzle

- Ejection seats"

2498743375_84d3617b8d_z.jpg2498743177_40122caa2c_z.jpg2499570716_b03aa48d0a_z.jpg2499570836_1834e6b3d6_z.jpg2499571106_19c928aca6_z.jpg

And pretty old indeed...Definitely one of the best planes ever built (if not the best). When I built my Tomcat 4.5 years ago, I only had three Technic sets and the functionality is really terrible compared to this one.

A great creation, I like both the look and functionality of this model. :thumbup:

~buddy~

Absolutely insane....in a fantastic way offcourse.

Can you put together a video showing all the power functions? Add the topgun music too :tongue:

This is AMAZING.

The F-14 is my favorite aircraft and the builder has captured it well.\

Hi,

Thanks for all the kind comments. It has been quite some time since I finished this model, but I lost my original Flickr account so that's why I posted it again recently.

Jeroen

Oh My God! My flabber is well and truly gasted. Where on earth do you start when building something this complex.

We mere mortals can only sit back and look in awe at what you've achieved and can only aspire to be this good.

AMAZING, TRULY AMAZING!!!

Oh My God! My flabber is well and truly gasted. Where on earth do you start when building something this complex.

We mere mortals can only sit back and look in awe at what you've achieved and can only aspire to be this good.

AMAZING, TRULY AMAZING!!!

The long answer to your question where to start is:

I wanted to build this plane when I was 16, but at that time I simply didn't have enough lego.

After my dark ages I started to collect in earnest and I tried to build it again. I finished a black version that was a lot smaller than this one. It was not looking that pretty though. It did get me a job at Lego as a designer :)

There I learned the fine details of building with Lego, so after I quit I built this version in my home. In the end it has taken me more than 10 years to complete the model...

My short answer would be: It starts with pursueing your dreams

Jeroen

The long answer to your question where to start is:

I wanted to build this plane when I was 16, but at that time I simply didn't have enough lego.

After my dark ages I started to collect in earnest and I tried to build it again. I finished a black version that was a lot smaller than this one. It was not looking that pretty though. It did get me a job at Lego as a designer :)

There I learned the fine details of building with Lego, so after I quit I built this version in my home. In the end it has taken me more than 10 years to complete the model...

My short answer would be: It starts with pursueing your dreams

Jeroen

I like the short answer and agree completely.

I was woundering jeroen how do I go about buying your blue prints for this model bc I like it for one and two I am a collector of all different types of lego technics micheal