Sign in to follow this  
Multiverse

Modular Madness: Post Office

I really like some of the details going on with this build. I have not seen pollution coming from my post office but yours might be different. I do like that effect though. Great job all around.

I wouldn't assume that because we got a winter post office that we won't see a modular version.

We got "Mill Village Raid" and a Mill for POC. We got a blacksmith shop for castle and for Ninjago.

Thanks a lot, Brickcitydepot! My local post office is actually a small room adjoined to the local grocery store (I live in a small village), so I didn't have all that much personal experience to work from. The smoke is simply an attempt at adjusting it for a big-city feel.

You've got a point with the mills and the blacksmiths, though I still think the WV and Modulars are a different category than the regular themes - both are one-set-per-year lines, and they're both exclusives aimed at AFOLs, who TLC can be certain knows about all the sets available to them. I think it's a bigger risk than making, say, a City Post Office immediately after the WV Post Office, because in that case it'd plainly be a children's version and a grown-ups version, making them less of a rival to each other. Still, I guess one never knows. =)

Darn it, I had plans to do a Post Office as well. But you did a great job, much better than what I could of have done. Good luck!

Nice Post office! Great front detailing, but it's a little bricky on the sides - I think you could make it better by adding some details there. :wink:

Nice M.O.C. ! It looks like a giant mailbox (am I too imaginative?)

Can you add more details such as windows?

Good job and keep bricking on !

Oh, thank you. I quite like that parallel, though I'll have to admit it wasn't intentional. =)

Darn it, I had plans to do a Post Office as well. But you did a great job, much better than what I could of have done. Good luck!

Unless you've come up with a better idea since then, why not go ahead and build one anyway? I don't own the copyright of the Post Office concept, and I'd personally be thrilled to see another design for something I'd also done. =)

Nice Post office! Great front detailing, but it's a little bricky on the sides - I think you could make it better by adding some details there. :wink:

Thanks! I very much appreciate the advice. =)

Oh, if anyone have any suggestions about what to add on the sides - or suggestions about anything, really - I'm all ears. =)

That looks great. :sweet: The simple details like just sticking a few letters to the building are effective. The gold bricks look excellent.

Ahh... that is too bad. Don't have the bricks needed to build my post office. Plus, the mock-up I did on LDD look really stupid. But best of luck to you Multiverse!

I like the trees out front, and the jumper plate step ups are a nice touch :thumbup:

Cool entry :classic:

Ahh... that is too bad. Don't have the bricks needed to build my post office. Plus, the mock-up I did on LDD look really stupid. But best of luck to you Multiverse!

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. But thanks!

Thank you to Ferrik and Soccerkid, too. =)

Thanks! I very much appreciate the advice. =)

Oh, if anyone have any suggestions about what to add on the sides - or suggestions about anything, really - I'm all ears. =)

I don't know: Maybe a window? Or a touch of gold?? I like how you have the window at the top though! :wink: