After more than 2 months of inactivity, here is my new release of the application. Hope it worth the awaiting!

A lot of new functionality added in model management this time. You will find them in Groups context menu and in File menu.

Read the following: You won't miss this !

Available as always from http://sr3dbuilder.altervista.org/

Please feedback for malfunctioning and hints, especially from registered users...

Sergio

0.7.1.5 - Changes to previous version (2012.06.12)

Fixed

- Instruction Miner should now work faster and with a lot of less bugs

- Showing/Hiding the "Model" group with no parts in it causes a crash

- Importing model causes no longer Pause Instructions lost

- Many group management bugs fixed

- AutoOrient option sometimes does not correctly aling grid

Changed

- Importing a model causes a NEW group with the model file name being created

- Some less used Selection Option are now grouped in a dropdown button

- Hierarchic hide/showing model is now faster (and safer)

- The Instruction Miner window is now resizeable

Added

- Save a group/subgroup to model file (registered version)

- Importing model with groups

- Analyze a single group/subgroup into Instruction Miner

- Clone a group/subgroup (registered version)

- Allow the Instruction Miner to show only parts above your curson allowing a better model analysis

(registered version)

- Group Reference Brick to allow quick positioning/connection of a group/subgroup

- You can now move Groups and SubGroup across the Group tree

- Group tracking while hovering groups tree

- Added <CTRL-G> accelerator to show Group tree

- Select parts by shape

- Save your current selection to a new model (registered version)

- Exporting to .DAT functionality including definition for Flex parts.

Notice: a very big file is generated, but you can open it from lDView to create the .pov file for POV-Ray

rendering. The flexs have BAD behavior in lDView but will render fine in PovRay

A manual update will follows in next weeks. Just the time to write it !

It sure was worth the waiting (as always :wink: ) :thumbup: I like the option to export a model including the flexible parts.

Just a little question; if you make steps in a sub group and steps in a main group, does Lpub regognizes it as a mdel and a sub model, or just as normal steps without a sub model?

Edited by legolijntje

Thanks, Sergio! :thumbup:

I was just wondering: how come sometimes pieces that used to stick together fine do not do so anymore in the newer versions. I am downloading the latest version now, so I don't know how it is, but let me use it's predecessor as an example.

In earlier versions the regular wall piece (panel 2x5x6, I believe) used to connect with other pieces just fine when putting it on top of another piece, but in the version preceding this new one, it could only properly align itself if connected to a piece above it. I was just wondering why this is. :classic:

Thanks, Sergio! :thumbup:

I was just wondering: how come sometimes pieces that used to stick together fine do not do so anymore in the newer versions. I am downloading the latest version now, so I don't know how it is, but let me use it's predecessor as an example.

In earlier versions the regular wall piece (panel 2x5x6, I believe) used to connect with other pieces just fine when putting it on top of another piece, but in the version preceding this new one, it could only properly align itself if connected to a piece above it. I was just wondering why this is. :classic:

this.

I installed the latest version of SR 3D Builder today, but I ran into some odd errors. For example: the antenna H4 (forgive me I forgot the number of the part) pops up with an error message saying that the part is corrupt. I got the same message for the two small dragon wing plumes. The parts seemed to work fine in MLCad, but in SR 3D Builder I just replaced them with the old parts I had. I suppose that LDraw modified the parts and somehow SR 3D Builder is not responding well to the changes or something. :sceptic:

I installed the latest version of SR 3D Builder today, but I ran into some odd errors. For example: the antenna H4 (forgive me I forgot the number of the part) pops up with an error message saying that the part is corrupt. I got the same message for the two small dragon wing plumes. The parts seemed to work fine in MLCad, but in SR 3D Builder I just replaced them with the old parts I had. I suppose that LDraw modified the parts and somehow SR 3D Builder is not responding well to the changes or something. :sceptic:

Hi,

every time I publish a new release of my SW I test it against ALL parts in my database by rebuilding the images of all parts to ensure there are no trouble at least in part loading.

I tested both parts giving trouble to you but I found apparently no problem at all...

What happens in the dragon assembly is that wings are not correctly connected to body so they cannot rotate; but you can select them one by one and autosnap will position them in the right place.

Sergio

Hi again,

another new version has just been released. Available from http://sr3dbuilder.altervista.org/

Only a little but really interesting new function. Here is a brief as usual:

Fixed

- The Save function no longer ask for filename if model already have one

- Bounding boxes around current group remains even if you get back to your model

Added

- Extended support for Triple Ring controls in Animation console

- A new experimental way of parts displacement, a bit more like LDD one. Refer to english manul (updated

but not up to date with application) for a brief on how it works. Not too bad in my opinion for a first try

Please read English Manual http://staff.polito....lder%20(EN).pdf for a bit more details

--> I really need feedback about the new UI <--

Changed

- Some manual updated abour groups usage and the new experimental UI

- Some small adjustements in many points

And here is a video...

It has been a while like this, but there is a 4488 part in both the unofficial and the normal "parts" folder but one is "Wheel Holder" and the other "Wheels Holder". The thing is that 4600 is also "Wheel Holder." So unless I delete the 4488 "Wheel Holder" the 4600 one doesn't come up at all in the parts list.

Also, why is it that a lot of the minifig heads now have hollow eyes instead of black ones? I don't mean to bug, just wanted to alert you to this, and wondering if it's somehow a fault on my part. :sceptic:

It has been a while like this, but there is a 4488 part in both the unofficial and the normal "parts" folder but one is "Wheel Holder" and the other "Wheels Holder". The thing is that 4600 is also "Wheel Holder." So unless I delete the 4488 "Wheel Holder" the 4600 one doesn't come up at all in the parts list.

Also, why is it that a lot of the minifig heads now have hollow eyes instead of black ones? I don't mean to bug, just wanted to alert you to this, and wondering if it's somehow a fault on my part. :sceptic:

Hi,

about the presence of the 4488 part in your partlist it is most probably due to the fact of many overwritten installation of different version of my application part library. The setup program does not perform a clean up of existing parts definition or part images. It only add new and overwrite already existing parts in the library causing obsolete parts remaining in folder. A fresh install of the part library (by manually cleaning c:\lDraw folder will help in solving the problem, even if probably both 4600.dat files will remain in the separate folders.

About the minifig heads problem, I cannot reproduce it. It works fine on my PC. If you have a specific part number having the problem let me know and I try.

Also consider that this kind of problem can also be due to video driver problem if the Z-depth precision of your graphic card is not adequate (16bit instead of the recommended 24 or 32bit) then such kind of issues may arise.

After cleaning and reinstalling the program, if this still does not solves, try updating your graphic card drivers by downloading them from its manufacture web site.

Hope this can help you...

Sergio

I deleted the old parts and did a fresh install this time around, but the problem with the "Wheel Holder" still existed. It's possible that the eye thing could just be a problem with my computer's graphic cards. It shouldn't be a problem as long as I see them fine in the Pov-Ray Renderings.

Thanks, Sergio!

Hi again,

another version has just been released and is available from http://sr3dbuilder.altervista.org/

No significant improvement this time, just some fixes, most around the UI.

Here is a list of changes.

Enjoy!

Sergio

Fixed

- Some issue in the standard user interface introduced with last version

- Some issues in the new experimental UI

- Selecting a brick connected to a hidden one can cause application crash or image corruption

- Some useless connections were added on some rounded parts

- Preferences about Seams and AntiAliasing quality were not saved

Changed

- Image quality should be a bit better with a little high contrast between lighted and shadowed zones

- Some changes in determining face lighting

Added

- U key shortcut to switch UI mode

Thanks for all your work on this programme, Sergio! :thumbup:

Hi,

about the presence of the 4488 part in your partlist it is most probably due to the fact of many overwritten installation of different version of my application part library. The setup program does not perform a clean up of existing parts definition or part images. It only add new and overwrite already existing parts in the library causing obsolete parts remaining in folder. A fresh install of the part library (by manually cleaning c:\lDraw folder will help in solving the problem, even if probably both 4600.dat files will remain in the separate folders.

About the minifig heads problem, I cannot reproduce it. It works fine on my PC. If you have a specific part number having the problem let me know and I try.

Also consider that this kind of problem can also be due to video driver problem if the Z-depth precision of your graphic card is not adequate (16bit instead of the recommended 24 or 32bit) then such kind of issues may arise.

After cleaning and reinstalling the program, if this still does not solves, try updating your graphic card drivers by downloading them from its manufacture web site.

Hope this can help you...

Sergio

Having had computer issues and had to reformat and reinstalled everything on the computer, I don't have any more problem with they minifig heads. However, I still get the double of part 4600, so I just manually delete the unofficial one.

However, in the latest version I don't have the Triangle Shield with golden lion on blue background, or whatever it's called. In a model with the part, it shows up, but it's not in the part list in SR 3D Builder. Have you noticed this problem? I sometimes wonder if I'm the only one who has these problems. :look:

Another updated version of the application is now available from http://sr3dbuilder.altervista.org/

Most significant new feature is STICKER support as shown in this video:

Following is a list of what is changed.

Enjoy Building !!

Sergio

0.7.3.12 - Changes to previous version (2012.08.20)

Fixed

- Parts selection can cause application crash when using groups

- Problems aligning parts along a vertical axle

- Animation of Linear Actuators was a bit incorrect

- Animation of some kind of complex hinges was incorrect (not totally fixed but anyway better than before)

- Flex parts management should now work again !!

- When rotating the viewpoint with RMB can accidentally (but very annoying) add your selection to model

when releasing button over yellow and blue center

Added

- Support for STICKERS!! ( for registered users ). Please notice that since stickers connections are added

on-the-fly to model parts, this causes the following different behaviors in the UI:

. The sticker follow mouse pointer over bricks it can connect with (and auto-orient according to part

surface slope)

. You can only use the keyboard to rotate a sticker and add it to the model (use <SPACE> or <ENTER>)

- Application now creates a backup of your model before saving it

- Latest lDraw official parts update (August 2012)

Crap! Now I don't have an excuse for not putting stickers in my models. :cry_sad:

:laugh:

Nice work, Sergio! Am downloading it now and will let you know about any issues I face. :classic::thumbup:

This is odd. The old "Wheel Holder" to be found in the Unofficial directory (whose twin is the "Wheels Holder" of the official directory. Both part 4600) is finally not there, however, I am not seeing part 4488. I am also still missing the lion shield (see earlier post). Am I the only one that has this problem? The parts are there, clearly as when I open a model with them, they appear in the model, but they don't appear in the parts list. :sceptic:

I don't mean to complain, but I'm rather confused about this.

This is odd. The old "Wheel Holder" to be found in the Unofficial directory (whose twin is the "Wheels Holder" of the official directory. Both part 4600) is finally not there, however, I am not seeing part 4488. I am also still missing the lion shield (see earlier post). Am I the only one that has this problem? The parts are there, clearly as when I open a model with them, they appear in the model, but they don't appear in the parts list. :sceptic:

I don't mean to complain, but I'm rather confused about this.

Hi,

the required lion shield should be part 3846P4E.DAT. You MUST enable patterned brick to show this part

About part 4488 I found a bug and that is why it is not listed. It has been fixed, but still not published. Be patient for a few days...

Sergio

Hi,

the required lion shield should be part 3846P4E.DAT. You MUST enable patterned brick to show this part

About part 4488 I found a bug and that is why it is not listed. It has been fixed, but still not published. Be patient for a few days...

Sergio

I have patterned bricks enabled :look: , but it doesn't show. Could it be a bug like with 4488?

Thanks for your reply. :classic:

I have patterned bricks enabled :look: , but it doesn't show. Could it be a bug like with 4488?

Thanks for your reply. :classic:

If I search for "lion" word leaving patterned brick enabled, then it is displayed with no problem...

Screenshot of parts list (don't know if this helps any :sceptic: ):

capture.png

Screenshot of parts list (don't know if this helps any :sceptic: ):

capture.png

If the required part is not shown in the above image (that is = to mine), then let me know the missed part number and I will perform a deep search...

Sergio

The part is: 3846P4H.Dat (Minifig Shield Triangular with Yellow Lion on Blue Pattern)

Thanks, Sergio!

now I'm unable to modify my model.

Attempting to modify it leads to a crash

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.

at i.a(ap[]& A_0, Int32 A_1, Int32 A_2, n& A_3, a2& A_4, s A_5)

at i.a(ap[]& A_0, Matrix& A_1, Int32 A_2, a2& A_3, s A_4)

at ak.a(Int32 A_0, Matrix& A_1, Int32& A_2, a2& A_3, s A_4)

at ak.b(String A_0, Boolean A_1)

at n.bu(Object A_0, EventArgs A_1)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4963 (win7RTMGDR.050727-4900)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

SR3DBuilder

Assembly Version: 0.7.3.12

Win32 Version: 0.7.3.12

CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/SR%203D%20Builder/SR3DBuilder.exe

----------------------------------------

Microsoft.VisualBasic

Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0

Edited by skyhawk

now I'm unable to modify my model.

Attempting to modify it leads to a crash

Hi,

please send me the model (via email or upload it to the forum) and I'll have a look at it.

Or you can try your own: before loading your model, enable the error checking in flag in the preference dialog and follow the shown hints to try fixing the model without loosing it at whole.

Sergio