Sign in to follow this  
Bonaparte

Option to manually change skins

We're not sure if we're ever changing back again. :devil:

You're so evil that if Rowling ever writes a new Harry Potter book, you'l be a shoe-in for the new evil villain. :cry_sad:

:tongue:

Edited by Rick
This post has been Friendsified

I'll give you a hint Summer of Friends.

:hmpf:

It is a nice refreshing change but you can all ensconce yourselves in subthemes for the duration if it hurts that badly.

I'm sure many people will join me in saying thank you to Shadows for creating this refreshing and delightful Friends-themed skin, which looks lovely, and while we're on the subject we can also say thank you to Hinckley for the fabulous Friends banner, and Friends contest banners.

I'm sure many people will join me in saying thank you to Shadows for creating this refreshing and delightful Friends-themed skin, which looks lovely, and while we're on the subject we can also say thank you to Hinckley for the fabulous Friends banner, and Friends contest banners.

Yes I love the new color scheme and the new banners. They are all dreamy and exceptionally well done. :thumbup:

Yes I love the new color scheme and the new banners. They are all dreamy and exceptionally well done. :thumbup:

I agree. It looks awesome! A BIG thank-you to Hinckley and Shadows.

Edited by purpleparadox

It make's a nice change,I hope to take part in this friends contest soon.:blush:

I suspect Hinckley was looking forward to getting back to his feminine side for a while now.......So i kind of guessed that it wouldn't be long too some thing went pink.:laugh:

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

Thank you Shadows for this refreshing skin. The tan blue and light-bluish purple is very nice. Though I'm unsure if the violet/pink is working for me. :laugh:

Also, thank's Hinckley for updating the banner. It's not my favorite, but still good. :thumbup::classic:

I'm not sold on Friends as a toy theme, but I think the forums look excellent - it feels really calm and serene...and summery! Big thumbs up. :thumbup:

I'm not sold on Friends as a toy theme, but I think the forums look excellent - it feels really calm and serene...and summery! Big thumbs up. :thumbup:

I'd be sold on it- if they used (flesh tone) minifigs instead of minidolls. Oh well.

By the way, Hive, it looks like you can't fight the Friendliness! :laugh:

By the way, Hive, it looks like you can't fight the Friendliness! :laugh:

You people won the battle, but not the war... :tongue:

I too, would appreciate a short summer if this is to be a summer of Friends(ironically I am currently experiencing my biggest summer ever due to being between my first and second year of college). The fact that EB is one of two sites I keep up most of the time is also a reason for which I would like a change in the themes to something not quite so feminine. Maybe shift to colors that fit within the Friends palette to something more neutral.

Haters gonna hate--I personally like the new theme. :thumbup: My only nitpick is that the green login box and "add reply" and "new topic" buttons seem a little bit off--perhaps a more pastel shade of green or else the new Medium Azure from the Friends line itself would be in order? Overall, though, I'm loving the change--great job, everyone! :grin:

It's okay. I like that it's not a very obnoxious shade of purple or pink. Still somewhat neutral.

I like the colour change and the banners. I guess the only ones having trouble are the ones unsure about their masculinity? Oh well, I love how the board changes on the seasons and when there are different events going on, keeps things fresh. :thumbup:

I guess the only ones having trouble are the ones unsure about their masculinity?

Seriously, such a highly provocative comment is both both completely unnecessary and uncalled for. Don't be a jerk. :hmpf:

I like it, although its a bit depriving when you see beaches and umbrellas and butterflies and surfing girls... etc when in my corner of the world its raining and hailing and its windy and cloudy ...etc :sceptic:

It's very nice, I'll only ever see it in the few seconds whilst I run to the SW forums :grin:.

Seriously, such a highly provocative comment is both both completely unnecessary and uncalled for. Don't be a jerk. :hmpf:

If that's how you want to interpretate it, that's fine. :laugh:

Uncalled for. Good job turning this to an argument prone thread. :hmpf_bad::thumbdown:

I just don't see the need for you to resort to low, personal attacks just because some people express that they enjoy one colorscheme less than the previous colorscheme. I take offense from you suggesting that us who are not fans of this new theme only dislike it because of some caveman macho insecurity instead of just accepting that it's a valid case of differing tastes.

I have no issue with "soft" and "girly" colors, I just find this particular combination and exposure to be a bit... too much, simply. And I don't like these new fleshie minidolls, I'm a minifig traditionalist. But part of the reason for my dislike is, of course, the fact that I really loved the last theme.

At any rate, a lot of people seem to really like this theme so it obviously has its merits. It's just not for me, and I'd prefer not being unfairly insulted for expressing my views.

I like the colour change and the banners. I guess the only ones having trouble are the ones unsure about their masculinity? Oh well, I love how the board changes on the seasons and when there are different events going on, keeps things fresh. :thumbup:

Uncalled for. Good job turning this to an argument prone thread. :hmpf_bad::thumbdown:

All of these comments are uncalled for. If you have a problem with someone's comments in a thread, please use the report button to alert the staff. And just to be clear, this post marks the end of this 'discussion'. Thanks. :classic:

Now please get back to praising the new Friends theme. :tongue::wink:

Last thing I will say about this: If you interpretated my statement as a personal attack, that says a lot more about yourself than it does about me. Of course it was not an insult or anything, don't be stupid. All it was was a joke: From the pop culture term: Real men wear Pink, look it up, if you must. If you get your knickers in a twist about my statement or about the changing of the website theme in general, it sounds like a personal problem.

EDIT: Didnt see Rick's post, remove it if you must.

Edited by Scubacarrot

And just to be clear, this post marks the end of this 'discussion'. Thanks. :classic:

I see this posted, and respect it. However, at the same time, I see this post afterwards:

Last thing I will say about this: If you interpretated my statement as a personal attack, that says a lot more about yourself than it does about me. Of course it was not an insult or anything, don't be stupid. All it was was a joke: From the pop culture term: Real men wear Pink, look it up, if you must. If you get your knickers in a twist about my statement or about the changing of the website theme in general, it sounds like a personal problem.

EDIT: Didnt see Rick's post, remove it if you must.

...where he calls me "stupid" and claims that I have a "personal problem"? That's okay? I saw not one, but TWO mods view the thread AFTER that particular post. If he's allowed to slander myself, I should be allowed to defend myself... right?

1) I did not "get my knickers in a twist" because of the new theme. I merely stated that I was not a big fan of it, and even joked about it with another member earlier in the thread. Nothing big. I did, however, get upset when I felt me, and others, were unfairly insulted because of our preferences.

2) It's pretty hard to know if something is meant offensive or in good jest when it's written on an internet board without any form of smileys to accompany it, and even harder when it at first is decided to provoke further instead of explaining the "joke".

3)Personal problems? Really? Honestly, I'd have let the issue go if not for this last comment. Which, as mentioned, was ignored by TWO mods.

Am I a pariah now just because I prefered the old theme? :sceptic:

At any rate, I have nothing more to say now. Except that the theme actually captures the Friends boxes really good. It's just not for me.

Also, my favorite t-shirt is purple. So there! :tongue:

I see this posted, and respect it. However, at the same time, I see this post afterwards:

He probably was posting at the same time as me, so that's why I decided to leave it alone. I understand both of your positions, but I really expect some more maturity from you both. Try not to offend people and don't be offended too easily (both of those points apply to the both of you).

And now this really is the end of this discussion or we'll be having this conversation somewhere else.

Hey, you know what? I'll even draw a line for you. There:

:grin:

Hey, you know what? I'll even draw a line for you. There:

:grin:

Well played. :laugh:

I'll shut up now. My apologies. :classic: