Sign in to follow this  
Darkdragon

Lord of the Flies island

[pid][/pid]215C

Well, I didn't get any photos of this project and now it's destroyed, but the Flickr kids seem to like it so I figured I would post a thread here. All photos will be given credit to the photographer, of course I built the whole MOC (Pep did the dots around it after we put it on the display table). If you have some good detail photos to add please feel free to post them in the comments and I'll add them here.

Here's my island! It's got a few major areas from the book Lord of the Flies. Notably you'll see the main beach/lagoon, meeting rock, and clearing. I had originally wanted to do the whole island but did not request nearly enough space for it.

Overall View

7415122208_4d50de443b_c.jpg

Lord of the Flies island photo by softarae

Ralph and Piggy addressing some of the boys at the meeting rock while Jack and his army run up from the other beach.

7415120938_7081d8e4f1_c.jpg

Lord of the Flies island meeting photo by softarae

Simon is mesmerised by the Lord of the Flies while other oblivious childrent are eating fruit at the beach.

7415121602_74c22c449f_c.jpg

Lord of the Flies island "The Clearing" photo by softarae

This island would be great for a pirate battle! I love the jungle, especially the use of the green bush on the tree. I haven't read the book, but I was inspired to by this build. Great job!

Aye - I just realized that this is a hommage to "Lord of the Flies"! I really do like the smooth curving of the beach and the transition from the sand to the jungle... a perfect part of a winning display :pir_laugh2:

The landscaping itself really makes it for me, and great idea using the sumo wrestler torso for Piggy. What piece did you use for the pig's head?

What is the piece used as the Lord of the Flies head thing? And is that shell in Ralph's hand the head piece for the fish-man in the POTC set "The Mill"?

What is the piece used as the Lord of the Flies head thing?

Pig Mask from Amazing Armory (discontinued)

2627.jpg

And is that shell in Ralph's hand the head piece for the fish-man in the POTC set "The Mill"?

Yes