Sign in to follow this  
soccerkid6

Dwarven Tower

With the DROW situation escalating and rumours of something having gone terribly wrong after the finding of the elemental crystals

Sir Glorfindel goes to secure the help of some dwarves. They have always been loyal to Jarl Nibelung, but for the most part take

little interest in affairs outside their territory. Sir Glorfindel hopes to gain their support for Mitgardia on a more active level.

This tower is guarding a road to a dwarven city.

I didn't enter the first challenge, so I made this to remedy the situation :laugh:

After seeing Fat Tony's and SoT's dwarven builds I wanted to try something in that style.

It was very fun building something in a different style, and I am happy with the result. The ballista is functional, you just pull back a slide and let it go to fire it.

Here is a link to a video of it in action (sorry about the quality, I may take a better one soon):

It also has a full interior, and no visible doors :devil:

Now on to some pictures :classic:

7375860246_fd967660cc_z.jpg

I hope you enjoyed looking and any comments or criticism welcome!

Edited by soccerkid6

It's awesome to see how your building skills have continuously improved over time.

I love this MOC. It's full of nice ideas and solutions! Very well done! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

great job! lots of nice details but everything seems to have a reason. I think you did a great job matching the statue with the belt buckle. I also like the angle of the tower

The only thing I would suggest is some snow on the roof of the tower.

Again great job!

It's awesome to see how your building skills have continuously improved over time.

I love this MOC. It's full of nice ideas and solutions! Very well done! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

great job! lots of nice details but everything seems to have a reason. I think you did a great job matching the statue with the belt buckle. I also like the angle of the tower

The only thing I would suggest is some snow on the roof of the tower.

Again great job!

Thanks, I thought about adding snow to the roof, but got lazy and decided it would just melt off quickly anyhow :laugh:

I love seeing all of your builds soccerkid6. I have to go and see the video because I want to see that ballista fire :grin:

I agree with the other comment, the roof is just a little too solid black, at least in a photo. I know black can look different in person.

I look forward to seeing what you build next!

Wow! Great work on this one! Love the angled tower, makes it so much more realistic! :classic:

I love seeing all of your builds soccerkid6. I have to go and see the video because I want to see that ballista fire :grin:

I agree with the other comment, the roof is just a little too solid black, at least in a photo. I know black can look different in person.

I look forward to seeing what you build next!

Thanks Cara, that means a lot :sweet: After looking at the roof you guys are right; needs some snow :laugh:

Wow! Great work on this one! Love the angled tower, makes it so much more realistic! :classic:

Thanks, angles make things so much more interesting in my opinion. Though non-angled builds can be just as impressive if done properly.

Glad you like it :classic:

Nince tower sc. One can now clearly see that you have evolved your own style. I espcially like the statue and door. I wonder how you manage to have all this time for building tough. :wink:

Nince tower sc. One can now clearly see that you have evolved your own style. I espcially like the statue and door. I wonder how you manage to have all this time for building tough. :wink:

Thanks Kabel :classic: I probably have more spare time than most, but things come together pretty quickly :thumbup:

It's a good thing you've a lot of spare time. That way you can score more points :wink:

And with buildings like this scoring won't be a problem. I really like the combination of black and grey. Also the ballista is great as is the statue!

It's a good thing you've a lot of spare time. That way you can score more points :wink:

And with buildings like this scoring won't be a problem. I really like the combination of black and grey. Also the ballista is great as is the statue!

Exactly what I think :laugh:

I decided on black partially because of the numerous pieces I have in it. Glad you like the ballista and statue :classic:

Very Mitgardian! I like the small windows, and the snow - especially on the right side of the first picture. I really like the statue as well. My only suggestion would be to move your dk bley 2x2 tiles with 1 stud out of sight so it looks like the tower goes directly into the snow. Nice build!

@rogueang: Thanks :classic: I was quite happy with the snow effect too.

You mean switch the dk bley tiles underneath the rock outcropping that the tower is on with white?

I guess that probably would look better, thanks :thumbup:

Edited by soccerkid6