legomilk

Lego Polar Xxpress 2013

It will be years before we find out what any redesigned Dire Wolves look like. They don't appear until what will now be the second movie. I think the first one ends after Mirkwood.

you mean wargs right? and im pretty sure the first warg sequence is before mirkwood! so they will be in both movies.

The rumor of "Polar Xxpress" might be true according to this video by BrickShowTV on YouTube.

The video explains how Lego said "Ninjago" will be discontinued in 2013 and with the new theme that is coming, people would have wished Ninjago ended sooner.

(hopefully this wasnt talked about already)

The rumor of "Polar Xxpress" might be true according to this video by BrickShowTV on YouTube.

The video explains how Lego said "Ninjago" will be discontinued in 2013 and with the new theme that is coming, people would have wished Ninjago ended sooner.

{video}

That info is old. It has been talked about in the Ninjago discussion thread by a lot of people recently. :laugh:

And I don't really think Polar Xxpress is going to be the replacement theme. This theme just seems to be the typical LEGO January release, and I don't think they can go any further with the theme for there to be a second wave. Also, I think the replacement will be out either Summer 2013 or January 2014. But, I might be wrong. :wink:

Edited by just2good

I agree that this new theme will not be replacing Ninjago. I'm actually quite glad Ninjago is being retired, as it didn't interest me much until the brick bricks came out.

Anyways, I really do hope this new polar theme will be similar to the Arctic theme, as it was one of my favorites.

I agree that this new theme will not be replacing Ninjago. I'm actually quite glad Ninjago is being retired, as it didn't interest me much until the brick bricks came out.

Anyways, I really do hope this new polar theme will be similar to the Arctic theme, as it was one of my favorites.

Yeah, I was thinking this Polar theme will be a short run theme like Monster Fighters, Dino, Alien Conquest, etc.

True or not, a Polar Express theme would be fantastic. Great movie and the train would be fantastic.

I can't tell if your'e trolling or not.

Either way this rumored theme is about polor exploration, NOT the book/movie the polar express.

I can't tell if your'e trolling or not.

Either way this rumored theme is about polor exploration, NOT the book/movie the polar express.

I thought the same thing once I read the comment. A Polar Express train would be quite nice though. :laugh:

Edited by The Blue Brick

I was a huge fan of Arctic back in the day, so I am very intrigued by this. Hopefully this theme is more on the realistic side of the fence rather than fantastical like Ninjago or other such themes.

Personally, I wouldn't mind a redesigned polar bear one bit. I see there is a lot of potential in this theme, even if bringing back a few pieces from the past is just the start.

Personally, I wouldn't mind a redesigned polar bear one bit. I see there is a lot of potential in this theme, even if bringing back a few pieces from the past is just the start.

All they would need to do is re-colour the City bear in white.

I too thought this was based on the movie with the train and never clicked on the link. An arctic theme would be cool, no pun intended. I could see it running over at least two runs. It could be based on the ice and below it too. A lego whale would be neat. As far as the many different themes Lego has produced over the past couple years I like the variety but I also think they should do a run, take a break with other themes and then return to said theme. Rotating them essentially. It would be like an old friend coming back to say hello.

Ninjago never really interested me, so I'm glad it's ending. I agree that this probably won't replace Ninjago. My theory is actually that a new space theme in 2013 could replace Ninjago, but I could be wrong. Anyway, if this is true I'm very excited! :thumbup:

Naturally I'm hoping for armoured polar bears, but I know that's not going to happen. =P

I regret missing out on the first arctic themes, and I think this has great potential. I'm hoping for a good theme here. =)

I am interested to see if it is just a bunch of researches in the arctic or if there is going to be some kind of action involved in this theme? Mind controlled penguins would be my best guess, but you never really know.

I'm just hoping this is closer to the first Arctic (with the scientists) rather than the Transformers that was Agents.

I'm just hoping this is closer to the first Arctic (with the scientists) rather than the Transformers that was Agents.

Alpha Team. I don't think Agents ever did anything arctic, except maybe one tiny snowmobile.

Hmm... Interesting perhaps it could be TLG trying to raise awareness about Polar Ice Caps and such.

Which would be an interesting approach... Coming from the worlds largest plastics factory? *huh*

Arctic revamp... for some reason, I saw this one coming already. Not an Ice Planet revamp, since I doubt it's Sci-Fi related... that's how it ended up in 'Action themes'.

Doesn't sound bad so far, although all I'll do with the theme is watch and see what it's like...

Naturally I'm hoping for armoured polar bears...

And witches and airships and Gyptian barges and harpies and battles with angelic hosts? Yep, that would be pretty awesome. I would love a Dark Materials theme!

... but I know that's not going to happen. =P

Oh. Yeah. Sniff.

And witches and airships and Gyptian barges and harpies and battles with angelic hosts? Yep, that would be pretty awesome.

Such a bittersweet idea to think about. Had they not botched the movie series, maybe there really could have been a Lego theme based on it... :sad: