sok117

NightHawk! Defender of the Sky!

This is my entry into the Gotham City make a Hero Contest

The Amazing NightHawk!

7185340247_88812f5831.jpg

Batman meets Nighthawk! by sok117, on Flickr

7178554531_3914245d41.jpg

Nighthawk by sok117, on Flickr

Ever since Jamie Kyle was a little boy, he knew he was destined to fly. He would try crafting wings out of cardboard, or tiring balloons to himself, heck he even flapped his arms for two days straight. But Jamie’s dreams of flying were put on hold when a lone gunman killed his brother Arthur in a random act of violence. Jamie spent years looking for his brother’s killer until one day he found him, and pushed him off a building. But before the murderer hit the ground, he was rescued by none other than BATMAN! Batman saw a hope in the misguided Jamie; he offered him a chance to make up for what he did and bring justice to the scum of Gotham as the hero NightHawk! Defender of the Sky! Now Jamie is armed with a super light-weight, hi-tech glider which he uses to soar above the roof-tops of Gotham to spot trouble. His helmet is equipped with state of the art Heads up display and radio cryptographer. And his suit allows him to withstand enormous amounts of wind resistance and G forces. The fully Armed and dangerous NightHawk is ready to avenge all those who have fallen to Gothams Crime!

7178546913_9091b50973.jpg

7178547327_97ff1ab3a2.jpg

Cost!

Captain America Head = $3.00

Regular Blue Torso = $2.00

Galactic Patrol parts= $3.00

Batman Wings= $4.00

Stickers=$3.00

Total = $15.00!!!

Thanks to Penguin and Luxor for hosting the contest! :classic:

Sok117 away!!

Edited by sok117

Is that sticker on his torso from Cappy's bike? That's brilliant! I like the stickers on the wings and helmet too, though they seem a bit.. obvious :laugh:

Great entry sok! I love the overall look, he does fit the Batman-type hero bill. Effective dark blue-blue color combo, excellent choice of parts, and clever use of stickers, really well done! :thumbup: And the fact that it's purist makes it very doable by anyone, which is always a plus. Best of luck!

Great minifig! My favourite entry for the contest so far! I love the wings, colour scheme, and vignette. Looks like you've got my vote for this category! :wink:

The Amazing NightHawk!

Amazing indeed! :thumbup: That is one very strong entry and i can't help but admire how clever your fig is! :sweet:

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

Thanks for the kind comments everyone!

I guess my Hero is just so good that he's spawned some imitators :tongue:

Thanks for the kind comments everyone!

I guess my Hero is just so good that he's spawned some imitators :tongue:

i think both are pretty original in terms of build, feel and design. one of you might as well rename as nightfalcon and no one would know any better.

see, yours is a hero and he attacks with his legs and use his hands just to fly.

the other is a villain, attacks with sonic blast and claws. flys with jet pack with aid of gliding wings.

very different.

maybe someone just rename as night falcon or nightowl or something like that. :tongue:

Yeah, I don't see how the other entry could be termed an 'imitation'. Honestly, Marvel Comics has had a Nighthawk for decades, so I wouldn't make any originality comments. While we're on that subject, I also used that sticker for a torso decal (long before this entry, so no copy cat comments needed), but I cut out above and below the actual sticker to make the decal larger. That's one thing I don't like about Lego stickers: the sticker itself is cut smaller than what is printed on the sticker sheet. It took some practice, but I was able to line it up to make the sticker larger (even then, it didn't cover the whole torso).

That being said, let's focus on the sheer awesomeness of this entry. Where do I even begin? The spread arms technique is well done. I can't imagine a better way than that. The costume itself is a nice color combination. I love that new helmet from the CMF line! And the vig is the best one so far. It took me a second to realize he's bursting in through a window. It really takes a few viewings to really appreciate the layout and camera work. Very well done! Easily the best so far!

The only thing I would change would be the safety stripes. Who's he trying to warn? LOL

That being said, let's focus on the sheer awesomeness of this entry. Where do I even begin? The spread arms technique is well done. I can't imagine a better way than that. The costume itself is a nice color combination. I love that new helmet from the CMF line! And the vig is the best one so far. It took me a second to realize he's bursting in through a window. It really takes a few viewings to really appreciate the layout and camera work. Very well done! Easily the best so far!

The only thing I would change would be the safety stripes. Who's he trying to warn? LOL

Thanks a lot for the comment man! I took the one strip off of the helmet, but I kept the ones on the wings, I didn't want them to look to Batty. I'm going to try uploading more pictures soon.

Awesome figure, sok117! I could imagine this being a real hero, so excellent job. I'm especially fond of the colours and that Captain America head fits perfectly with that helmet. The figure gives a nice vibe. The official stickers work very good.

Jamie Kyle huh? Is he related to Selena Kyle a.k.a Catwoman?

there may be an aunt or uncle connecting the two, we'll never know. :tongue:

Thanks for the comments everyone! :classic: