ER0L

MOC: Vintage Roadster "The Oldtimer" (Friends Version)

indexed.gif V-LV-29D gallery_15845_212_1480.png

Hi all,

another attempt to solve the "fender problem" with vintage cars :wink:. My idea was to create a vintage roadster with a very low stance since often minifig-scale vintage cars are too tall.

There will be more versions (for minifigs, too), although there are only a few suitable color combinations between the wheelbase and the "mudguards" - too bad :sad:

I have called it "The Oldtimer" since this is the German word for "vintage car" - nobody knows why :wink:

A credit to Legohaulic for the wheel design.

Many thanks for looking! C&C welcome as usual. More pics on MOCpages.

7365094658_c1ff6e12bb_z.jpg

[Edit]Now there is a second version, suitable for minifigs:

7371140178_7f22387d3c_z.jpg

[/Edit]

Edited by Pandora

Personally, I'd enjoy your builds even more if you'd use classic minifigs - but that doesn't detract from the fact that this is a brilliantly built classic roadster. And the mudguards are just about perfect. Might just be your best yet!

Very clever designing again from you 'ER0L'.....doesn't matter to me if it's minifig or minidoll because it's all about the car ! :grin:

Brick On Drive On with your Friend's 'ER0L' ! :wink:

I find the addition of traditional helmets to mini-dolls to be a very cute cherry on top of a wonderful build.

Excellent roadster ER0L, it screams "Duesey" to me! An awesome design and a very unique use of the technic skis as fenders. Excellent job default_classic.gif

Personally, I'd enjoy your builds even more if you'd use classic minifigs - but that doesn't detract from the fact that this is a brilliantly built classic roadster. And the mudguards are just about perfect. Might just be your best yet!

Many thanks L@go, very glad you like it! There will be a minifig version, too (see the last picture :wink: ). The minifig version was first, but due to some Bricklink delivery issues the Friends version was finished earlier ... In fact there are only some small differences concerning the cockpit.

Very clever designing again from you 'ER0L'.....doesn't matter to me if it's minifig or minidoll because it's all about the car ! :grin:

Brick On Drive On with your Friend's 'ER0L' ! :wink:

Thanks a lot, LT! Nice to hear that!

I find the addition of traditional helmets to mini-dolls to be a very cute cherry on top of a wonderful build.

Many thanks for your nice comment TenorPenny!

Very nice, captures the roadster feel perfectly :thumbup:

Thanks a lot soccerkid6, glad you like it!

Excellent roadster ER0L, it screams "Duesey" to me! An awesome design and a very unique use of the technic skis as fenders. Excellent job default_classic.gif

Many thanks Lego Guy Bri! Yes, I can see what you mean ...

Great looking new car ER0L! Really like the fenders and the wheel rims. Look forward to seeing your future versions of the car.

Great looking new car ER0L! Really like the fenders and the wheel rims. Look forward to seeing your future versions of the car.

Many thanks danthaman11, always appreciated! :classic: The wheels are Legohaulic's design. It's very difficult to get wheels which fit nicely on such a car ... Concerning the future versions I will try to find all suitable color combinations - there are only a few, I suppose ...

@EB staff: Many thanks for the Town Boy tag! :classic:

[Edit:] The concept seems to be quite promising, see here :classic: [/Edit]

Edited by ER0L

They're kind of cute, and they remind me of old time racers.

Many thanks Only Sinner! Probably there will be a race version, too.

A third version (don't worry, I won't put them all in here :wink: )

7387070832_57122b9f16_z.jpg

Many thanks all for commenting & viewing! :sweet:

A little late, but very nice idea for the running boards - very inspirational!!! The car itself is also great!!

Curtis

A little late, but very nice idea for the running boards - very inspirational!!! The car itself is also great!!

Curtis

Many thanks Curtis! Very glad you like it. (Never too late :wink:)

Those old timers are beautiful! :thumbup:

Many thanks Vincent. Very glad to hear this from you.

I´ve been wanting to do a Mercedes 500K like vehicle for a while now. Yours come pretty close to that. Great work.

Many thanks SearchFunction! Nice to hear from you since I remember your fine 4-seaters very well which quite influenced me. Indeed there is some Mercedes in it - I rather thought of an SSKL because of the technic frame, but a 500K isn't far away.

Since I thought this is an interesting subject I have founded two groups on Flickr and on MOCpages called "LEGO Vintage Cars (minifig scale)":

They are still rather small but there are already some fantastic vehicles in them, so I hope they will grow quickly ...

Again many thanks all for viewing and commenting. I'd like to add one last pic that shows the roadster in combination with a modded version of the very nice 7307 biplane. They fit together quite well, I think ...

7459751144_fe7ab515dc_z.jpg

Great job! I'm a big fan of oldtimers. As from a beginner could you tell me the part n.o of the tyres what you used on this beautifull project. Thanks.

I love the work on the lines and detail of each vehicle. Really ingenious to use the, ski part?, as the mudguards. I envy those those who build great minfig scale cars that look so real.... :devil: grrr at you EROL lol :classic:

Great job! I'm a big fan of oldtimers. As from a beginner could you tell me the part n.o of the tyres what you used on this beautifull project. Thanks.

Glad you like them. Sure: http://www.bricklink...m.asp?P=132-old

Very nice , great details and lines make this a great moc

Thank you!

"Do you have any Grey Poupon?"

I must admit I had no idea what that means, but the Urban Dictionary helped me with that. :wink:

I love the work on the lines and detail of each vehicle. Really ingenious to use the, ski part?, as the mudguards. I envy those those who build great minfig scale cars that look so real.... :devil: grrr at you EROL lol :classic:

Thank you, glad you like them!