Clone OPatra

REVIEW: 9464 The Vampyre Hearse

131 members have voted

1. 1. How do you like this set?

• I'd rather get bitten by a vampire than look at this thing.
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • I want one!

Thanks for the excellent review and comparisons :).

I'm a huge fan of this series. The figs are just awesome - TLG seems to have taken note that the community wants zombies and detailed mini figs. I love the nod to AFOLs witht the rathbone reference. I think the hearse looks a bit rubbish to me but overall I like the idea of it, the hot rod styling is a good idea. :)

Edited by Hammerstein NWC

Excellent review, and excellent set. This is one of my top picks from the MF line. Lots of charm, and excellent minifigs! Decent price point, too. I will most likely pick this up sometime. :thumbup:

Thanks for this excellent review, Cloney! It has exactly the type of entertaining and informative commentary that we know and love you for! :sweet: I have one question though: Do the eyes and teeth of the zombie GITD too? I know it's not advertised on the box, but they look like the sort of GITD color. I think it would be pretty cool if they were.

If only they would have had GITD printing in the Toy Story line... :cry_sad:

Thanks for your comments everyone! I'm always glad I can entertain with a review. This set particularly lends itself to it.

Time for a few replies

The huge GITD sticker is pretty ridiculous, but it adds even more charm to this awesome vehicle.

I wasn't initially sure myself if I wanted to add it. The sticker doesn't quite seem to fit with the rest of the vehicle, but since I like building and presenting sets as LEGO intended them, I ended up applying it. It is a really fun sticker and makes the Hearse even more Campy.

The GITD items are neat in this theme though, although I heard they don't last very long.

My Vampyre head seemed to hold a lot of glow, though I haven't actually tested how long it takes for it to wear off since I'm not too excited to sit in the dark to just find that out.

Anyone else have an EXTREMELY tight fitting vampire head?

Interesting, mine wasn't like that.

Guys, a hot rod hearse isn't anything new....

Pretty sure I'm the only one that said anything about that, and I was talking about it being a new concept within LEGO sets, not that LEGO invented the idea.

Do the eyes and teeth of the zombie GITD too?

I tested and they don't. The teeth are greyish yellow, not the right color at all. The eyes look like they could, but evidently they don't (the evidence being… that they don't).

I like the new glow in the dark head. bit of a surprise since you can't tell it glows like the old voldemort.It seems a little bit empty with only two glow in the dark elements though. could use some on the side.

In my opinion this is one of the best monster fighter's sets, the minifigs are very detailed, the bike is awesome, and the car is fantastic, it has a lot of details like these kind of red courtains at the windows!

I also like those glowing parts and stickers

The problem is that this monster fighters aren't available in my country yet!

The review was great too :tongue: .

I am totally in love with this set. In fact it could be my favorite 2012 set? The only thing i dislike is that Gigantumundioic sticker. (I know its not a real word but i couldnt find anything else sutable) :tongue:

Just curious, has anyone else thought of adding the old school chrome exhaust pipes to this rod?

Even better, someone needs to MOC a Rat Fink into it.

By far one of the best sets Lego ever made. The entire MF line is excellent.

Very good review, thank you for posting it.

I'm trying not to get into the MF line, but this is making it pretty hard...

I just got this set a couple days ago, and I love it! One of the main reasons I was excited about this set since I first saw some of the early pics here on EB is the fact that it seems to be heavily inspired by the Dragula car from an old TV show called "The Munsters", as well as the Hot-Rod Hearses that were mentioned before.

I'm planning on modding mine for use as an Undead military transport, but I like the overall design quite well. It's definitely convinced me to give 8-wide cars a try. :classic:

Good review ! The comparison with the old LEGO vampire/coffin is welcome.

Usually, I don't like stickers... but this time, it could be a good thing : am I the only whou don't like the glow in the dark sticker? (to much tuning for my taste). So I can remove it.

Good job !

I really like this one. This and the mansion is what ill be getting from this line.

Usually, I don't like stickers... but this time, it could be a good thing : am I the only whou don't like the glow in the dark sticker? (to much tuning for my taste). So I can remove it.

I was very on the fence about it myself. Since I like to build sets as they are intended both for myself and especially when reviewing, I decided to apply it. The sticker really takes the Hearse to the next level of whacko, but it's quite reasonable not to want that. You've got the best attitude about it, though - if you don't like it, don't use it!

I looked at this set in the Lego Store last week. Almost bought it actually.

Glad I saw this review, however. Not a fan of the 6-wide axle on the rear - thought it would be a little wider. I'm sure it's nothing a little MOD would fix, but from the back I just find it looks funny.

Thanks for the review! :thumbup:

this is so cool great review! im crying at the subtitle to the thread. i'ma get this and the werewolf tomorrow! then treat myself to zombies and the haunted house next month!

Great review! Finally, I have one too. I really like the whole series and this set is really excellent. It has, grate minifigure, a good looking car and most importantly, a lot of useful parts.

I got this set last week on sale at Target. Fun build and great figures and just a great set for halloween fans like myself. It will be parked near the haunted house soon

It's such a shame Rodney's metal leg can't be reversed and used as a left leg too. It's a great design for robots but who wants a robot with odd legs?