LegoFan03

Next Modular Building?

I'd bet money that the haunted house is going to be the next modular. Anyone who thinks the 'leaks' in the videos are an accident is kidding themselves, and they've never been anything smaller than an exclusive type set.

To the poster who mentioned it not fitting on the CC standard, my impression was that it was a corner with the first connection point on the back (away from the photo we saw) and the second in the fence on the left. Pure speculation there, though.

I don't think it'll be a modular, but I do think it'll be modular scale. Lego have been very smart recently - even their friends, city and creator sets are starting to have 'modular' elements, letting you remove floors and/or rearrange them in different layouts. So fingers crossed they realise that some will buy the haunted house to go in a modular town so the scale will need to work.

I think it'll work better standalone anyway, its the perfect 'that scary house that the crazy old woman who might be a witch lives in' that many of us had in our towns and our imaginations exaggerated as kids.

True. But I do like the buildings to match. eitherway I plan on getting it when it comes out. While I dont have the Cafe Corner, Green Grocer or Marketplace; I find the Marketplace the most disappointing set out of the Modular bldgs. Doesnt seem grand enough compared to the rest.

In defense of ol' Market Street. It's not technically a Modular, it's Factory. It wasn't made by a designer, but a fan. Not saying it's not worthy of the name, because there is plenty of awesome MOCs on here.

According to Brickset, the haunted house set while be under the Monster Fighters genre.

Since they seem to be going for that mid century main street sort of feel, I'm thinking maybe a Movie Theater. That would have some really nice architecture and brick work. Second runner up would be a nice stately Bank, but I don't think we will see that yet with Diagon Alley and Gringots still out there.

Besides just think of all of the flexible possibilities with adding a nice period movie theater into your town or scene. Just by juggling around the marquee and movie showing. Indiana Jones. Disney. Imagine the possibilities with Star Wars? or joy of joys, "The Mark of Zorro" (Easily recreating the scene that led to Batman's beginnings, or the last major scene in Frank Millers Dark Knight Returns series. Oh the fun that could be had. Yeah I'm a nerd.) Just so many cool possibilities.

I'd love to have a movie theater in my Lego modular collection too.

I've always wanted a larger modular version of the Town Plan theatre. The old style theatre with the signs and lights. Kinda like this:

old-style-movie-theater.jpg

*Image from Google*

Yeah, the more I think on it, the more I really love the idea of a movie theater. It's an old model Railroaders trick. You aren't just trying to model a place, but a specific time or feel. Theaters are very good at setting that moment in time subtly, while still being really cool interesting buildings in their own right. As more people build groups of modular kits they are starting to create a scene not unlike a model railroad. So the principle applies. The theater would let them say not just where, but when, down to the weekend or day.

Since they seem to be going for that mid century main street sort of feel, I'm thinking maybe a Movie Theater. That would have some really nice architecture and brick work. Second runner up would be a nice stately Bank, but I don't think we will see that yet with Diagon Alley and Gringots still out there.

Besides just think of all of the flexible possibilities with adding a nice period movie theater into your town or scene. Just by juggling around the marquee and movie showing. Indiana Jones. Disney. Imagine the possibilities with Star Wars? or joy of joys, "The Mark of Zorro" (Easily recreating the scene that led to Batman's beginnings, or the last major scene in Frank Millers Dark Knight Returns series. Oh the fun that could be had. Yeah I'm a nerd.) Just so many cool possibilities.

Boy, i wish to God that it can be an Movie Theater. Would that be an excelent addition to my town. :wub:

I would enjoy for there to be a church in the Modulars line. However, that seems unlikely.

Boy, i wish to God that it can be an Movie Theater. Would that be an excelent addition to my town. :wub:

The theatre that came with the town plan seems to have already fallen in this catagorey. Lego would never never never re do a set that has been done before.........except for every 5 years if you collect Star wars or city. :wink:

How about a bowling alley?

Edited by soundwave_sw

I think the one thing we can be sure of for the next release is a corner( :excited:) building. If the past releases are any sign. CC(corner building)-GG-FB-GE(corner building)-PS-TH-??(should be corner building).

I like the bowling alley idea, but for a while I've been hoping for a movie theater or a gray/white courthouse (recessed from the sidewalk with a wide steps and some statues out front). Mostly, though, I'd like something with a markedly different facade/features than we've seen so far. No bell towers, no bay windows, no awnings, no year etched into the building's face. Those were all great once, but I'd like some new architectural work. I love this line, and have all the sets released in it to date.

The theatre that came with the town plan seems to have already fallen in this catagorey. Lego would never never never re do a set that has been done before.........except for every 5 years if you collect Star wars or city. :wink:

How about a bowling alley?

Well Lego did release the Town Hall despite the fact that there was a town hall in the Town Plan already. I would like to see a movie threatre too, though I'll prefer to see a police station too which would complement the fire brigade.

Well Lego did release the Town Hall despite the fact that there was a town hall in the Town Plan already. I would like to see a movie threatre too, though I'll prefer to see a police station too which would complement the fire brigade.

That is true. I don't see why can't Lego do a movie theater modular too.

I am new to the modular buildings, I have picked up all the current ones since the fire brigade. I agree having the fire brigade and town hall, that a police station would make sense and would be one of my top choices. I would eventually love to see a restaurant, a bank, a chapel, a book store and possibly a couple more designs of townhouses... of course I could go on and on, but I need to build some things myself.

I am not 100% sure on this but I believe LEGO have said they wont do religious buildings.

Modular brewery is also out as I believe LEGO have a policy against alcohol in modern settings.

If the interior was as good as the Grand Emporium, a modular hospital would be awesome, much better than the lame excuse for a hospital we are getting this year...

I would MUCH rather have a hospital than police station. This supposed restaurant is going to be great. Aside from Cafe Corner, the denizens of Modularville have nowhere else to eat. :tongue: hopefully we'll get another clue soon!

And, the haunted house has another strike against it at not being a Modular. According to brickshop, I believe, it's comes out in August. We already have our Modular for the year.

Edited by Legocrazy81

Based on Jamie's comment I reckon it will be either a restaurant, bakery or catering school.

As for what I would like to see. I would LOVE a butchers shop. I would also love a movie theater or a broadway theater. A bank, a courthouse, and ice cream parlor, a diner, mueseum would also be really nice.

I don't think the next set will a corner set because although it is a factory set it is still in the form of a modular so I believe that it will be a middle building. I also wouldnt be surprised if it will be another fan built building.

Those are my thoughts. I love modulars and I hope they keep them coming. I wish they would do two a year.

Charlie

Based on Jamie's comment I reckon it will be. . . catering school.

Charlie

A culinary school would be epic! That would fit Jamie's hint.

You know what I would love to see? A concert hall or a theatre (like, acting theatre. Not a movie theatre). =)

You know what I would love to see? A concert hall or a theatre (like, acting theatre. Not a movie theatre). =)

A theatre would be one of my top wishes too, a library would be another. But my opinion shouldn't probably count much as I have yet to buy a single modular, and unless I suddenly find and marry a rich heiress or win at lottery it might be that I never will :tongue: I just admire them from afar.

Some sort of half-timbered house that could also fit into a medieval setting (with some modifying, surely) would be a sure must-buy for me, but I'm not sure if it would be deemed fitting among the other modulars. Then again, a restaurant could fit into such a house nicely.

I don't think the next set will a corner set because although it is a factory set it is still in the form of a modular so I believe that it will be a middle building. I also wouldnt be surprised if it will be another fan built building.

Those are my thoughts. I love modulars and I hope they keep them coming. I wish they would do two a year.

Charlie

This won't happen. Factory/DesignByMe no longer exists. Plus, only Market Street was under the Factory banner. All the others aren't.

This won't happen. Factory/DesignByMe no longer exists. Plus, only Market Street was under the Factory banner. All the others aren't.

I considered the fact that factory and design by me have be shut down but cuusoo is now up and running so if a modular hits 10,000 and they like it we could see them use that as a modular. My reason behind my thinking is that Lego released two middle section buildings before making the grand emporium which signaled that we had turned the corner. But in there was also a fan built building( market street) so i believe before we see another corner building we will see another middle section building. And I just thought based on history it could be another fan built building that's just what I was thinking because Lego seems to be including their fans more and more in there design process.

Just my thoughts :classic:

Charlie

Someone told me that next modular building might be a post office. That person has no sources but I googled it up and I see many sites are saying same thing as well. What do you guys think?

Someone told me that next modular building might be a post office. That person has no sources but I googled it up and I see many sites are saying same thing as well. What do you guys think?

I'm inclined to think this is just echo-chamber wishful thinking, but then, that's also what I thought of LotR at first. It does seem unlikely that they would release two civic buildings in a row though, so I'm still betting on a restaurant since we haven't seen a hospitality building since Cafe Corner.

Isn't his years Winter Village building the Post Office? I'm not sure they old do two like that?