Sign in to follow this  
JINZONINGEN73

Toyfair 2007 Bionicle Set Images

Lego didn't make the figures yet, so they are using the Inika and Piraka minfigs in their place for the prototype images.

Guess it's just an error.

And, of course, 90% of BZPers now say Spinaz. ;-)

Shakar

Does no one read through the topics?

Greg posted in there saying the 'z' was a typo, and it's really 'Spinax.'

He posted it on the second page of that topic.

Aie.

<<DV>>

Toa Kongu has a great color scheme for a toa of air(finally they got it through their thick skulls that grey and green resemble air.)Yes Jaller and Hahli are awesome(the crabs probally Pewku), but I also like all of the sets not just a select few.

I doubt Pewku is coming back in the Pit. However, a little pet friend is a nice addition to the Canister sets.

Toa = Hero, right?

In that case, you want something that looks HEROIC, right?

Please tell me how these guys look heroic >_>

What makes someone look "heroic" though?

A muscley physique?

A sword instead of a gun?

I mean... fantasy stories aside, some pretty ugly bastards are often heroes in real life.

Pretty much my answer to above quote.

They look frail to me.

The Barraki are masters of their element, while the Toa are hooked up to life support devices. Look like they could drown any second.

And big guns means they need to do some overkill in the weapons department, whereas the Barraki can get away with using goofy squids due to their skill and familiarity in that environment.

Hordika... Only got one, because they displeased me so. I'm glad to see Jinzo understands that the Mahri are freaking TOA WITH LIFE SUPPORT. You guys have yet to understand that, with water all around them, the Toa are going to have a hard time, and they're going to need weight to keep them on the ocean floor. Plus, they're maneuverability is probably zero, so what do you do when you're without speed? You get weapons.

Whatever. Im on board with the "Our heroes make our villians look heroic!" comment.

It doesnt matter what a Hero looks like - all that matters is that he/she give the IMPRESSION of a hero. The Mata did this. The Nuva did this (to an extent... gorram ugly masks). The Metru did this. The Hordika were meant to look rahi-ish, so I forgive them. The Inika could have if they hadnt given them ugly mutant masks. These guys just look THEY should be the villians, or at least berzerk sea rahi or something!

Hey, Nuva masks were streamlined with energized proto. Cut them some slack!

LOL. Heroes don't have to look heroic. And besides, I doubt anything from underwater would. (No offence underwater creatures).

-ZotS

Seconded. Barraki are surprisingly frightful, yet accurate, renditions of giant fish people.

I really hate to do this, but it seems I'm going to have to convey my point in a more simple and graphic manner, seeing as how a block of words isn't doing it.

Let's take a look at this, shall we?

Namor (Namor comic)

http://img250.imageshack.us/img250/3552/namorte0.jpg

Aspen (Fathom comic)

http://img250.imageshack.us/img250/3039/55al1.jpg

Princess Kida (Atlantis: The lost empire movie)

http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/3769/2001kidatv6.gif

Will Namor here preforate me with a machine gun? Will Aspen try to eat my face? Does Princess Kida have blood veins that look like the result of far too many muscle enhancements? No, they don't. But here's what I do know. Namor could and would beat the living daylights out of you for no good reason. He would tear you to shreds in mere seconds if you tried to harm Atlantis. Aspen can manipulate water into things you couldn't begin to imagine. Kida could easily impale you with the slightest of effort while displaying incredible athletic prowness.

And do any of these 3 examples I have given look anything like a villian? I think not.

Point I'm trying to get across is that there IS a certain line at which characters look INHERENTLY evil. Just look at this:

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/1962/39...79b10e36ec6.jpg

Does he look evil? Yes, he does. Is he a villian? Of course. He's Mega-"I'm going to eat villages"-tron. But let's take a moment here. What if he saves a busload of children from falling over a bridge? What if he stops a building from colapsing? What if he saves the entire world by finding the Mask of Life? All while he selflessly helps everybody he encounters?

Then he's a HERO.

Point is, yeah, heroes don't have to look like knights in shining armour. But when something looks like a VILLIAN, my brain automatically thinks it's a villian and takes caution, because I don't want to be EATEN by said villian. Unless the villian-looking being proves it's a hero by personality, I will continue to ASSUME that it is a VILLIAN.

It's a shame that since Pirates of the Caribbean: DMC came out, everyone thinks deep sea = horrible, coral infested monsters. As I've shown above, you CAN be in deep sea AND still look like a million bucks. Once again folks, sorry for derailing the topic. I just had to clarify my views.

EDIT: And there's plenty of examples of beautiful fish. Practically everything that's at normal depths is eye candy, and some in deep water too. You also got to keep in mind that the Mahiri look to be more inspired by diving suits tha anything else (Though Hahili look like a Flying Fish). And diving suits are pretty asthetically pleasing to the eye.

Anyhoo,

X-D I hear ya! Guess everyone still likes their "Makuta" colours. Oh well, I'm sure they'll tired of "protodermic" silver one of these days. :)

Props for the Megatron reference!

However, I must disagree with your logic.

Why do you want Bionicle to be just like Namor, Kida, Aspen? You see, Bionicle is unique because it is so different. When you've got a biomechanical world where technology is thriving under the surface, you'll probably get different results than Namor.

So it's seem from the BZP report that Spinax is now Spinaz. :-|

Ghey! Oh, and a lie. Not on your part, however.

Guess it's just an error.

And, of course, 90% of BZPers now say Spinaz. ;-)

Shakar

Do'h, the humanity!

I doubt Pewku is coming back in the Pit. However, a little pet friend is a nice addition to the Canister sets.

Pewku could come back, who knows or you do have a point on Pewku never coming back, it could be a little crab Jaller befriended.

Like I said in a previous topic, the Mahri are like a dude jumping into the Amazon river, full of hungry piranha, with a machine gun or 357 Magnum.

They're doomed. lol

What you can't hit with fast skill, you try to compensate with quantity (of bullets) over quantity.

I feel SORRY for the Mahri.

Like I said in a previous topic, the Mahri are like a dude jumping into the Amazon river, full of hungry piranha, with a machine gun or 357 Magnum.

They're doomed. lol

What you can't hit with fast skill, you try to compensate with quantity (of bullets) over quantity.

Hey, at least it'll bring a very interesting year... I can't wait to see how Stuart Sayger will potray all this stuff.

Pewku could come back, who knows or you do have a point on Pewku never coming back, it could be a little crab Jaller befriended.

The fact is,Pewku is larger than a Matoran (as seen in the Takua & Pewku set and the movie Mask of Light) so the Mahri crab could never be Pewku.It's probably an aquatic,younger Ussal crab.

Does no one read through the topics?

Greg posted in there saying the 'z' was a typo, and it's really 'Spinax.'

He posted it on the second page of that topic.

Aie.

<<DV>>

I would have done, but didn't have the energy to wade through a load of 'ZOMG BUYIN DEM ALL' posts....

THIS IS MY 100TH POST!!!!! :-D

i hate bionicle because each set which comes out is no different that the last!

they are just guardians of some new crappy city!

:-D :-D :-D 100th post :-D :-D :-D

THIS IS MY 100TH POST!!!!! :-D

i hate bionicle because each set which comes out is no different that the last!

they are just guardians of some new crappy city!

:-D :-D :-D 100th post :-D :-D :-D

Thats funny becuase I think that same thing about LEGO City and Star Wars...

... Thats weird ain't it?

From Rebelscum:

Bionicle

The LEGO Groups' BIONICLE franchise - one of the hottest among boys ages 6-11 - goes underwater in 2006 with new characters and features allowing for a wild new play experience. Sets include:

Matoran

8929 Defilak 37 pieces $4.99 Available now

8930 Dekar 37 pieces $4.99 Available now

8931 Thulok 39 pieces $4.99 Available now

8932 Morak 40 pieces $4.99 Available now

Barraki

8916 Takadox 62 pieces $9.99 Available now

8917 Kalmah 53 pieces $9.99 Available now

8918 Carapar 50 pieces $9.99 Available now

8919 Mantax 58 pieces $9.99 Available now

8920 Ehlek 54 pieces $9.99 Available now

8921 Pridak 47 pieces $9.99 Available now

Toa Mahri

8910 Toa Kongu 64 pieces $9.99 Available in August

8911 Toa Jaller 68 pieces $9.99 Available in August

8915 Toa Matoro 63 pieces $9.99 Available in August

8914 Toa Hahli 59 pieces $9.99 Available in August

8913 Toa Nuparu 59 pieces $9.99 Available in August

8912 Toa Hewkii 62 pieces $9.99 Available in August

Accessories and Box Sets

8934 Squids 7 pieces $1.99 Available now

8922 Gadunka 176 pieces $19.99 Available now

8923 Hydraxon 165 pieces $19.99 Available in August

8924 Maxilos & Spinax 256 pieces $29.99 Available in August

Playsets

8925 Barraki Deepsea Patrol 228 pieces $29.99 Available in August

8926 Toa Undersea Attack 401 pieces $49.99 Available in August

8927 Toa Terrain Crawler 674 pieces $69.99 Available in August

Thanks sam89!

8911 Toa Jaller 68 pieces $9.99 Available in August
Wow, 68 pieces! That's the can set with the highest amount of pieces yet! 8-

Freaky new heads, as expected. I like that we're seeing more color in the figs.

But why oh why did they change the arms! *sing* No shoulder clips = less MOCability.

Very nice pics! I must say, I love Maxilos now that he's in a decent pose.

I admit the Mahri are growong on me. The Playsets not so much...

They're doomed. lol

My thoughts exactly. Of course, I only feel sorry for Hewkii.

Hey, at least it'll bring a very interesting year... I can't wait to see how Stuart Sayger will potray all this stuff.

Well, they'll be rather sticky, and any action poses will be showing us the Mahri's backs. BAD STAGE BLOCKING!

HAHAHA!!!!! Look at Kongu/Ehlek in the second image. Tee hee...

Lovin' the Titans. The Mahri look much better. The playsets look good, seems like the minifigs use the neo-skeletons' arms.

Maxilo(s?) is GUNMETAL! Yay! Now he looks awesome.

AND THERE'S CASTLE TOO!

Man, 2007 is great.

Shakar