Piranha

LEGO Collectable Minifgures Series 8 Rumours & Discussion

not much of an army builder myself but at least want doubles for my son, then 1 of each for myself or display. i just hope series 8 has some awesome unique figures that most would never think about. but i also want a American Football Player :classic:

Yeah, I usually only have one minifigure in a series that I try to army-build with. Sometimes there are a few others that I would like several extras of, and a few more where I'd like just one extra, but I kind of like series 7 because at least half of the figures I only want one of in order to complete the collection (thus meaning I spend less money on it). Hopefully series 8 has a similar line-up, but like you said, with some unique and exciting figures. I'm personally hoping for a pumpkinhead, female elf, or golem.

I have the tiniest percent of news. I recently had a discussion with Angeli, who, as we all know, claimed he saw Series 8.

I just wanted to point out a few things he told me.

"I actually did think that I do, I was informed about the color of bags way before announced, and that happened to be truth. I was told about the fantasy related figs, about new wings, new girl hair with fantasy...how do you call it? Bah, I do not know word on English, like tiara, but more... fighterly; new characters that could be from Grimm's fairy tales, etc and I saw few pictures. One of those pictures (I know now) is vampire bride from monster fighters, and a robot leg I saw is also from the monster fighters..." and "

If there is some pattern or logic in that info I've received, there should have been a REAL dark elf in series 8 (not named like that, but a black face with female lips and eyes, evil:) and some craziest design in all cmf until now :)"

When he says that, it makes me think of these that Toth designed:

TothEvles.png

Any other thoughts?

-Sci

Edited by CM4S

Since they have nice new wings with the Geonosians in Star Wars, I don't see why they couldn't/wouldn't have those type of "fairy" wings in the CMF. If both of those came to be, I would oddly enough army build them I'm sure! To think, an entire army of female elves... haha

I am excited to hear further news. I've been exciting ever since we knew there would be a series 8! C'mon TLG, don't keep any more secrets!

Thanks for sharing, CM4S! I hope you had permission from Angeli to post this though.

I would be inclined to believe that. TLG has ben putting at least one female with printed slope legs in recent series. And we've seen more than a couple figs come from that design sheet people always link to, so there's that trend. That would be a very plausible fig.

From that cropped image there, I would only be skeptical about that white sleeve part that goes between the hand and arm. That would be a very small piece, even smaller than a flower bloom piece. Very interesting concept though.

The wings seem quite large as drawn there, as well. I could imagine a piece like a sword scabbard coming down the back, but I would think they'd shrink the wings down by half if they actually made that mold.

but I would think they'd shrink the wings down by half if they actually made that mold.

it won't be in plastics. it'll probably be plastic sheets much like the fairy and angel keychains.

Sounds good. Thanks for sharing!

Whether or not this is true, it simply makes me more excited about Series 8. :classic:

Sounds good. Thanks for sharing!

Whether or not this is true, it simply makes me more excited about Series 8. :classic:

I also heard that rumour...plus that minifigure is one of the playmobil minifigures, and the knight was also before TLC did one... maybe...

Since they have nice new wings with the Geonosians in Star Wars, I don't see why they couldn't/wouldn't have those type of "fairy" wings in the CMF. If both of those came to be, I would oddly enough army build them I'm sure! To think, an entire army of female elves... haha

That's a great point about those new Geonosian wings. I'd be shocked if LEGO didn't use those to make a fairy for CMF. Might not be in Series 8, but it'd surely be sooner rather than later. Plus they already have that magic wand accessory so there's really nothing new they'd have to do to make a fairy save for the printing. They could also use the wizard's hat and voilà they'd have a classic fairy a la Sleeping Beauty.

I really hope something like this happens. I have been wishing for an Elf girl or a faerie, and this will be exciting if it comes out.

I really hope something like this happens. I have been wishing for an Elf girl or a faerie, and this will be exciting if it comes out.

80 days to go and we only know four things.

1) Black bags.

2) MAYBE female (dark?) elf.

3) MAYBE fairy.

4) MAYBE female warrior with tiara.

This is the best concealed minifig serie from LEGO I think.

Those female elf/fairy figs seem like a no-brainer to be included sooner or later. Definitely some of the coolest Toth designs, and while I would love to get them, my daughter would freak out over these.

Crossing fingers.

I reckon we'll get something by the end of the month, once the gb figs have been released.

Edited by brickingit

picked the latest Lego club magazine in Liverpool yesterday - at the back where it previews the next issue it says 'Series 8 CMF' or something to that effect - there is a pirate captain with gold cutlass and redtop - has this been mentioned yet?

picked the latest Lego club magazine in Liverpool yesterday - at the back where it previews the next issue it says 'Series 8 CMF' or something to that effect - there is a pirate captain with gold cutlass and redtop - has this been mentioned yet?

No!!! Take a picture. NOW! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! :wub:

I knew there would be a Pirate figure in Series 8! :moar:

PLEASE POST PHOTOS OF THE MAGAZINE!!!

Edited by just2good

Post the picture please. I've been waiting too long and already know this is going to be a great series.

I have this weird lego feeling. :grin:

Edited by The Blue Brick

Sorry guys , will try to get it up as soon as I can, hopefully someone else can do it quicker?

whats a redtop? Like a red torso?

too lazy to rotate sorry!

Awesome!!! I love the sword... :wub:

Edited by just2good

too lazy to rotate sorry!

That figure has some great printing.

Edit: Now that I see it rotated, does it looks like there's another pic just below it? Is that another minifigure or something else entirely?

Edited by Hawkman