Sign in to follow this  
Waterbrick Down

Heroica RPG - Quest #28: The Breakthrough

"We're not going to get anything out of him if he bleeds to death in this damn alley! Nur knelt before before the Wolfganger and put his hand on the man's wound in an attempt to stop the bleeding. "Someone heal him a bit, will ya?" He leaned in quickly and whispered. "When you get the chance, run."

"Nah, I reckon that it would be good for you fellows not to kill him, you know, it just wouldn't do to get on the wrong side of us. Blood paw thugs, it seems that there is a consensus that we are going to get you out of the way. So, Mister Metasimian, you seem like a reasonable person. I'm sure that we can come to an agreement, when we've done off with the others, with this unfortunate young man going free. I would rather like to take this fellow with us, preferably his heart still beating. Don't make me have to do something drastic."

Haldor unhitched his heavy weighted metal rod from his back and waited to see what would come about. When Nur rushed forward and asked for healing, Haldor quickly shoved his way over and cast powerful healing energy of the Wolfgang member.

If the Metasimian is still for executing you when we've killed the Blood Paws and we can't convince him, wait for my signal and run out into the street while we finish him off. You can meet us somewhere in the market. I trust that you wont run off, Nur and I are friends of the Wolfgang."

Edited by Scorpiox

"It looks, Haldor, that once more you and I have alliances that lay in different places. I say that the Metasimian gets him once the blood paws are out of the way. He's reasonable, will give us the gold and information, and is just defending his turf. That's honor, my man. If someone cretin walked onto the soil of my kingdom, back when it had people living in it and was, you know, existent and all, I would kill them dead too."

Jess turned hesitantly to Haldor.

"Haldor... Again I have to agree with Boomingham here. The ape is just defending his territory; the wolfganger is in the wrong. Surely you're not in league with this scum! You're supposed to be the angel of this relationship..."

Jess turned away, a lone tear finding its way down her cheek.

Haldor's face seemed to fade for a moment, and then he turned back to the others.

"I don't. It's not like that. We, Nur and I. We made a deal, a while back. I thought it was a good idea, he made it seem to us like the Town Watch were worse. And that we would need friends where they are. It, it wasn't my plan. Nur, you chose for us, you made you deal..."

Haldor trailed off, his voice pained as he spoke.

"Why are all my choices so twisted? Fine, we will do as Lawrence says. I will not stop you. I thought that I was starting to do things right, but now I am weak before the power of Gods. In body and mind. Forgive me."

The last two words were spoken to more than just those who Haldor called his friends. And a quiet cry was heard as he walked back and stood away from Jess.

Jess quailed at Haldor's speech. She thought he had been a better man. Better than her. But no, Jess was just as good as Haldor, and that bothered her. Jess said nothing as Haldor stepped away. But after a few moments, Jess spoke.

"We should probably go ahead and kill these dogs now," Jess said as she drew Blohdhurm.

"Sylvania give me strength!" Jess called silently as the lone tear from before was joined by a few of its fellows.

As the debate drew the attention of the 'paws and the metasimian, Nur whispered to the Wolfganger once again as he helped the man to his feet. "Like I said before, run. I'm very fleet of foot. I'll catch up. When I do you will take me to Ergthew. If you don't, I'll find you and put rocks in your lungs." Nur stared at the man then gave a disarming grin to his companions before joining them. "Seems my friends wish to war with the Blood Paws. I don't understand how they have determined one organized group of hoodlums to be less deserving of our blade tips than another *sigh* but as they have each been around for more years than I, perhaps I should defer to their ancient wisdom."

"Shall we get this over with then? I do not wish to watch this man suffer longer than necerssary. Hell, I'm damned if this is not the last time this happens with me. I need my head looked at, s'like something's messing with me." Suddenly there was a sad look in his bright blue eyes. And he looked at Jess once, before he turned back into the solemn Nord, weapon in hand. "Jess, love. What is wrong with me. Help me Jess. Help me."

Haldor's power envelops the Wolfgang member healing him to full health. With a jolt he is up and running down a nearby alley way. En Sabah Nur takes off after the gang member in hot pursuit.

6923566050_d2125b9b79_m.jpg

"What in the world? That's it I've had enough, I'm going to slit yer purses and throats for recompense. Wetnose wistle for the brothers."

6923566024_49c44f57c2_m.jpg

"I care not for your purses, but your honor has been soiled in my eyes."

PREPARE FOR BATTLE:

The Enemy:

Metasimian Thug (Halberd)
- "Careful, werewolf, I will deal with you afterwards."

Type: Humanoid

Level: 16

Health: 75/75

Defense: 2

Special: Cleave: The Metasimian unleashes a mighty blow cutting the targets health in half.

Drop: Metasimian Ale

Note: On rolls of damage and special damage, the Metasimian has a 1/6 chance of attacking a Werewolf instead.

Werewolf Thug (Knife)
- "No Ape, Wolfganger, or hero crosses the Blood Paw Brotherhood."

Health: 60/60

Defense: 0

Special: Steal: The Werewolf does damage and steals gold equal to it's level.

Drop: 20 Gold

7069646491_8a192017ec_m.jpg

Werewolf Thug (Bow)
- "Stand still, while I use you for a pincushion."

Special: Barrage: The Werewolf unleashes a torrent of arrows dealing 5 damage to all players regardless of SP and Row.

QM Note:
2 Blood Paw gang members will show up at the end of every turn until the enemy is defeated.

The Party:

ava-bartholomew_warden.png

Bartholomew Docken
, Level 21.33 Warden (Brick Doctor) *Party Leader* *
Scary

Power: 30

Health: 40/40

Defense: 15

Gold: 131 (50 Gold loaned to Arthur Justus Regulus VII [Flipz])

Inventory: Briar Bow (WP: 9; Wood Elemental), Mockthril Longbow (WP: 5), Mythril Shield (SP: 15), Dread Hat (enemies lower than half of wearer's Level won't attack directly), Bedroll, Mead, Venom, Smoke Bomb, Potions (5), Grand Potion (1), Soma (1), White Marksman's Hat (1/6 Assassination versus Flying Monsters), Lover's Locket (
Enamored
Immunity)

shaman_haldor.jpg

Haldor Skovgaard
, Level 17.5 Shaman (Scorpiox)

Power: 29,

Health: 34/34

Ether: 19/24

Gold: 115

Inventory: Heavy Metal Rod (WP:12), Lesser Ethereal Cloak (SP:+1, +3 Ether), Paper Doll (Hexed immunity)

Spike Coller (+1 power), Diamond of Thoric (Light Elemental), Frying Pan (WP:1+1 health), Shovel, Pickaxe, Potion (x2), Remedy, Tonic, Mead, Venom, and a fur-lined Bedroll, Scroll of Blindness, Bear Claw Gloves (WP:7, SP:2, non-upgradable SP)

6042579809_6e41d8c052_t.jpg

Jess Islanti
, Level 18 Assassin (Sisco)

Power: 29 (+2)

Health: 19/29(+1)

Gold: 205

Inventory: Blohdhurm (WP: 9)(Fire elemental, Permanently Poisoned), Mercutio's Dagger of Mugging (WP:5, Mug Ability +5), 2 Venoms, Mead, Smelling Salts, 1 Remedy, 1 Grand Potion, Sword of the Vampir (WP: 17)(User is
Jinxed
)

IMG_1583-1.jpg

Lord Lawrence Boomingham
, Level 17 Paladin (Zepher)

Power: 28 (+3)

Health: 28/33 (-6+2)

Ether: 16/17

Gold: 20 (Owes 50 to Jess and 20 to Nur)

Inventory: King of the Desert (Longsword) (WP: 9, Fire Darkness), Shaduex Shield (SP: 5), Thorny Diadem (+3 to power, but -6 to maximum health) 3 Potions, Bedroll, 5 Bones, 2 Holy bombs, 2 Meads, 1 Phoenix essence, Pick-axe, 1 Jo-no Tree seed, 1 Venom, 1 Grand Tonic

Party Leader, choose the order of action.

All of you, choose your targets and the row you want to fight in. Also mention if you want to try to flee, heal or cast a magic spell, or if you want to use an item instead of attacking.

Any enemy not targeted will get a Free Hit on the party after everyone have acted.

Barty goes ballistic, yelling after Nur.

"Traitor! You are a traitor!! Do you hear me?! You will burn and freeze and the wrath of all the Gods shall be unleashed upon you! You are a traitor. You allow the cretin of the world to walk free. They soil it. They are like a disease. They spread and spread and spread. You do not understand. None of you understand. Don't you see?! Don't any of you see?! You will all perish unless you wipe out the evil. You can not let one villain walk and kill others. That is not the way of the world! Return, you filthy magic user! Return you traitor to the light! Traitor! You are a traitor! TRAITOR!"

Boomingham swats the pest out of the sky.

"Track him down, make sure he doesn't go far. I trust Nur as much as a mage can be trusted. He hasn't betrayed me yet... but I guess that's the trouble with mages. He's cunning, perhaps he has a plan. Let's no jump to conclusion, alright Barty."

Boomingham looks uneasily down the alleyway that Nur exited through. He sweats profusely. His face is red.

"And you! You, you do not understand. You have no honor. You are no King. Your Kingdom is dead. You are forgotten. You have nothing. And you fill it with meaningless nothings. You are nothing. You are a void. You don't matter. You are nothing."

Boomingham slashes through Barty and the little angel explodes into a silver powder the shimmers and then disperses. Boomingham looks at his King of the Desert.

"That was a surprise," Boomingham whispers. He stares forlornly at the spot that Barty had been floating in a few seconds ago. "Barty... Barty?" Boomingham dabs his forward with his kercheif before returning in to his pocket and redirecting his sword at the Werewolf Thug while calling over to the Metasmian.

"Sorry about this, Metasimian. If the battle isn't going your way, feel free to depart at any time. I won't track you down. Forward, chappos."

Sighing to myself, I draw my Briar Bow and attack the Metasimian Thug (Halberd) from the Back Row.

Order of Actions:

1. Bartholomew Docken
  2. Jess Islanti
  3. Lord Lawrence Boomingham
  4. Haldor Skovgaard

"What the hell have I done?"

Haldor cannot look Jess or Lawrence in the eye as he stands. This was his doing, whether it was what he wanted or not. He unleashed his fury and guilt in strength onto Werewolf Thug (Bow) from as close as he could get.

"Please, Metasimian. I do not want to fight you, I know I have betrayed your honour. But please do not make me do this When I find you Nur I'm going to rip you in half! I thought you a friend."

"I have to concentrate on this fight! C'mon Jess, don't do this!" Jess thought as tears started streaming down her face.

Jess then consumed some smelling salts.

OoC: Sisco, that means that you get a second turn this round too! :thumbup:

Oh crap, thanks for the reminder Zeph! :laugh:

After Jess consumed the salts, she looked for a target. First she saw the Metasimean barreling toward her.

"No, not him," Jess winced.

Next Jess saw Haldor running like a maniac toward the werewolf that was holding a bow.

"I can barely look at him, let alone fight alongside him..." Jess's tears flowed more rapidly as she thought about it.

"That only leaves one," Jess said aloud to herself as she swung Blohdhurm in a wide arc. "But... Not so close to- Him. I'll fight in the back row for this battle."

Jess attacked the werewolf thug with the knife from the back row.

"Not so close to who Jess? Now you hate me as well?!"

Haldor barely looked at her, now she couldn't bear to see him, what next? A simple descision had turned him out from those he loved. Now he was sure there was a greater problem growing inside his mind...

Haldor blanked his thoughts to the world around him, launching himself at his foe with a renewed fury, but still he barely turned.

I inhale sharply and close my eyes for a second, staring at my fellow heroes as I reopen them.

"All right, guys, what's done is done. I myself would have preferred to avoid a fight, but right now, it doesn't matter who's fault it was that we're in this battle. Let's focus."

Round 1 of the Battle on the Docks:

>Bartholomew Docken vs. Metasimian Thug (Halberd) - Special Damage (No friendly fire)

>Jess Islanti consumes a Smelling Salts

>Jess Islanti vs. Werewolf Thug (Knife) - Special Damage

Lord Lawrence Boomingham vs. Werewolf Thug (Knife) - Critical Hit

Haldor Skovgaard vs. Werewolf Thug (Bow) - Special Damage

As Bartholomew tries to encourage his Party, the Metasimian axeman comes within striking range and bears his axe down upon the Warden dealing a horrific blow. Jess taking a wiff of smelling salts is invigorated and attempts to deal death to the knife wielding Werewolf. The beast however side steps the elf however, cutting a hole in her purse stealing 16 Gold and delivering a nasty cut to her side. As the werewolf skitters off to gloat over his deed, he runs straight into the ever sharp King of the Desert piercing him in the heart killing him. Haldor tries to gain ground on the Werewolf Archer but is to slow, as the hound steps back and unleashes a volley of arrows striking all of the party. As the battle rages on 2 more Werewolves join the fray, one bearing a club and the other a spear. The party is hurt, but they continue on.

THE BATTLE CONTINUES!

The Enemy:

- "Leave now, while you still have your lives and what is left of your honor."

Health: 75/75

Special: Cleave: The Metasimian unleashes a mighty blow cutting the targets current health in half.

Note: On rolls of damage and special damage, the Metasimian has a 1/6 chance of attacking a Werewolf instead.

Werewolf Thug (Bow)
- "What's wrong archer? Maybe you should try putting that patch on the other eye.

Special: Barrage: The Werewolf unleashes a torrent of arrows dealing 5 damage to all players regardless of SP and Row.

Werewolf Thug (Club)
- "Somebody say there was a fight?"

Drop: Nothing

Werewolf Thug (Pike)
- "Ah nuts, apes and heroes, they don't pay us enough for this."

Special: Piering Strike: The Werewolf does damage and stuns it's opponent

QM Note:
2 Blood Paw gang members will show up at the end of every turn until the enemy is defeated.

The Party:

Bartholomew Docken
Scary

Health: 15/40

Inventory: Briar Bow (WP: 9; Wood Elemental), Mockthril Longbow (WP: 5), Mythril Shield (SP: 15), Dread Hat (enemies lower than half of wearer's Level won't attack directly), Bedroll, Mead, Venom, Smoke Bomb, Potions (5), Grand Potion (1), Soma (1), White Marksman's Hat (1/6 Assassination versus Flying Monsters), Lover's Locket (
Enamored
Immunity)

shaman_haldor.jpg

Haldor Skovgaard

Health: 29/34

Inventory: Heavy Metal Rod (WP:12), Lesser Ethereal Cloak (SP:+1, +3 Ether), Paper Doll (Hexed immunity)

Spike Coller (+1 power), Diamond of Thoric (Light Elemental), Frying Pan (WP:1+1 health), Shovel, Pickaxe, Potion (x2), Remedy, Tonic, Mead, Venom, and a fur-lined Bedroll, Scroll of Blindness, Bear Claw Gloves (WP:7, SP:2, non-upgradable SP)

Jess Islanti
, Level 18 Assassin (Sisco) *
Hastened

Health: 6/29(+1)

Gold: 189

Inventory: Blohdhurm (WP: 9)(Fire elemental, Permanently Poisoned), Mercutio's Dagger of Mugging (WP:5, Mug Ability +5), 2 Venoms, Mead, 1 Remedy, 1 Grand Potion, Sword of the Vampir (WP: 17)(User is
Jinxed
)

IMG_1583-1.jpg

Lord Lawrence Boomingham
, Level 17 Paladin (Zepher)

Health: 23/33 (-6+2)

Inventory: King of the Desert (Longsword) (WP: 9, Fire Darkness), Shaduex Shield (SP: 5), Thorny Diadem (+3 to power, but -6 to maximum health) 3 Potions, Bedroll, 5 Bones, 2 Holy bombs, 2 Meads, 1 Phoenix essence, Pick-axe, 1 Jo-no Tree seed, 1 Venom, 1 Grand Tonic

All of you, choose your targets and the row you want to fight in. Also mention if you want to try to flee, heal or cast a magic spell, or if you want to use an item instead of attacking.

Any enemy not targeted will get a Free Hit on the party after everyone have acted.

Boomingham stared at the two reinforcements.

"Jess, dear, you may want to be light on your feet. This could go bottoms up pretty quickly. If Haldor, Docken and I fall, you go find Nur and bring him back here. He'll finish these thugs in our memory." Boomingham laughs uproariously and then grows silent suddenly. He breaths slowly and heavily and looks at his sword. He blinks twice and then smiles lopsidedly, twisting the corner of his lips upwards. He swings from the front row with his King of the Desert, attempting to hit Werewolf Thug (Pike).

Haldor closes his vision and charges at a new target, his mind full of blood and anger. Werewolf Thug (Club) from the front row, the Nord roared at the loss of many things as he set upon the Werewolf.

Even faced with the recent turn of events in her love life, Jess couldn't help but be pissed about losing sixteen gold.

"Alright you werewolf bastards, you're going down!" Jess roared as she leapt to the Front Row to deal death to the werewolf with the club.

But right before taking the swing, Jess thought better of it and downed a grand potion. Then she attacked the werewolf.

I get back to my feet, gritting my teeth as pain explodes throughout my ribs. I quickly draw another arrow and fire at the Metasimian Thug (Halberd) with my Briar Bow from the Back Row.

"Jess, Haldor, could one of you switch to the Werewolf Thug (Bow), so we can avoid taking any Free Hits?"

Order of Actions:

1. Lord Lawrence Boomingham
  2. Bartholomew Docken
  3. Jess Islanti
  4. Haldor Skovgaard

At Bartholemew's command Haldor said not a word, as he spun round and leapt on Werewolf Thug (Bow) from the front row. Settling this little score diverted his thoughts from painful things. When this was over he would have to confront the problem and get himself out of this mess, but the Nord found himself unable to think straight, he needed help.

Round 2 of the Battle on the Docks:

Lord Lawrence Boomingham vs. Werewolf Thug (Pike) - Sentinel

>Bartholomew Docken vs. Metasimian Thug (Halberd) - Hit

Jess Islanti consumes a Grand Potion

Jess Islanti vs. Werewolf Thug (Club) - Damage

Haldor Skovgaard vs. Werewolf Thug (Bow) - Critical Hit

Boomingham takes up a defensive position, he quickly looks for Barty but he does not appear, shrugging his shoulders he redies himself for whatever would come next. Docken draws back on his bow and hits the Metasimian in the side with a well placed shot. Jess quickly consumes a Grand Potion, but not quickly enough as the club toting Werewolf strikes her unawares. Haldor brings his steel rod down upon the Werewolf Archer nearly killing it. 2 more Werewolves arrive on the scene.

THE BATTLE CONTINUES!

QM Note: Zepher if you're okay with it, Boomingham will be in Sentinel as opposed to Gaurdian Angel, therefore while the party will be defended from damage they will not be protected from negative effects.

The Enemy:

- "There is nothing for your Party here but death Warden, I repeat that you should leave."

Health: 47/75

Special: Cleave: The Metasimian unleashes a mighty blow cutting the targets current health in half.

Werewolf Thug (Bow)
- "A little help back here fella's."

Health: 7/60

Werewolf Thug (Club)
- "Stay out of my way elf."

Werewolf Thug (Pike)
- "What's wrong old man, ya think some pretty little angel from heaven is going to come down and protect you or somethin'."

Special: Piering Strike: The Werewolf does damage and stuns it's opponent

Werewolf Thug (Crossbow)
- "Don't these crazies know better than to tresspass on Blood Paw turf?"

Special: Precision Shot: The Werewolf does damage equal to his opponent's level.

Werewolf Thug (Axe)
- "I've been dying for some action for days now."

Special: Wide Sweap: The Werewolf does 8 damage to all those in the front row and 4 damage to all those in the back row.

QM Note:

The Party:

Bartholomew Docken
Scary

Health: 15/40

Enamored
Immunity)

shaman_haldor.jpg

Haldor Skovgaard

Health: 29/34

Jess Islanti
, Level 18 Assassin (Sisco) *
Hastened

Health: 13/29(+1)

Gold: 189

Inventory: Blohdhurm (WP: 9)(Fire elemental, Permanently Poisoned), Mercutio's Dagger of Mugging (WP:5, Mug Ability +5), 2 Venoms, Mead, 1 Remedy, Sword of the Vampir (WP: 17)(User is
Jinxed
)

IMG_1583-1.jpg

Lord Lawrence Boomingham
, Level 17 Paladin (Zepher) *
Sentinel

Health: 23/33 (-6+2)

Edited by Waterbrick Down