M'Kyuun

New Elements

More items for the wishlist

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=58176 in trans-normal-green and trans-clear (that part would be great for landing lights at airports and stuff if it came in a nice color)

Oh and make the trans-yellow easier to get.

Minifig airtanks in green (unlikely to happen though given that the airtanks seem to be on the way out in space type themes and figs)

2 x 2 round ribbed bricks in more colors (black for one but also dark bluish grey and medium dark flesh to go with the new "brick" bricks)

New "brick" bricks in more colors and more varieties (e.g. 1 x 1 corner, 1 x 3 and longer) to allow greater building flexibility. Oh and make them more widely available/easy to get (I suspect that "brick" bricks in all 3 known colors will be a hot item in this years LUGBULK process)

Given the topic of this thread, I'm surprised there's no mention of CUUSOO in it, unless I missed it.

A lot of these suggested ideas, and many more great ones, are on CUUSOO - with paltry support. I know the non-FOL community will never get behind piece designs on CUUSOO, but surely we can muster 10,000 FOLs across the interwebs? Surely we'd all like to have the vast majority of the piece ideas on CUUSOO?

As for what piece I want, well... it's on CUUSOO! default_classic.gif (and in my sig) But I would recommend checking out DagsBricks ideas, most of them are really fantastic.

Edited by caperberry

This is a suggestion/question all in one. I've wondered before why there isn't a glass piece for the arch window frames? We have the black/pearl gild medevial window inserts for it, but why no glass? Take the Mini Green Grocers bat window. The bottom, square window has glass, but then the top arch frame has nothing. It just looks strange. Why is that piece not in existence? Why not make it?

This is a suggestion/question all in one. I've wondered before why there isn't a glass piece for the arch window frames? We have the black/pearl gild medevial window inserts for it, but why no glass?

Yeah, and on the other hand there's no "medieval window insert" for the 2x2 square window frame. Not a good situation for either building style. :cry_sad: It would be great to get both those parts (I wouldn't have use for the window glass part, but I can understand many others would).

Edited by Haltiamieli

This is a suggestion/question all in one. I've wondered before why there isn't a glass piece for the arch window frames? We have the black/pearl gild medevial window inserts for it, but why no glass? Take the Mini Green Grocers bat window. The bottom, square window has glass, but then the top arch frame has nothing. It just looks strange. Why is that piece not in existence? Why not make it?

I agree completely. I could use both the lattice window for 2x2 and/or 2x3 windows and the the glass for the arched window. I have found it strange those aren't in existence with the many uses of those window frames.

1 X 3 tiles, how many times am i going to have to say that? :hmpf_bad:

We have 1x3 tiles, Id like to see a better range of axles, 1L, 11L, 13 l,14 L ,15L

I want to see ths but with a male axle connector at the end instead of a female one (it is just an axle which is 1L)

32054.jpg?0

Id want to see the same again but with only one pin not two together in both male and female type.

Then I want this to have another two holes underneath:

32291.jpg?0

Then I want one of these but with only one offset hole and one foot for an axle:

41678.jpg?1

I want one of these but with only half of the axle bit as if it was a thin liftarm (much like the part number '44'):

6536.jpg?0Also have another with the pin part being halved instead.

32184.jpg?0I want one of these but I want an axle hole in the middle and two pinholes where the axle holes are in the brick on the left.

Edited by SNIPE

I want a minifigure epaulette, like the minifigure back bracket part, but with the back surface bent down at an angle over either shoulder (to mount PARROTS or guns)

I'd really like to see one of these:

51739.jpg?0

...split in half so I could fit small wedges in my MOCs.

agreed.

I'm not sure if it was mentioned already.....

I would like to get Tile 1 x 3 in dark blue.

Could use it for my UCS R2-D2 arms.

I'm not so pleased with the 1 x 1 and 1 x 2 tile solution on both arms.

(I've already spent him a round 1 x 1 Tile in red for his "eye". Looks way better now!)

Some 2x3 tiles would be appreciated. I would also like to see some 1x2 cheese slopes in dark red and dark blue.

A family of bricks that I've been lobbying for for a while now are Curve Builders

thumb640x360.jpg

I've got a proposal languishing over at Cuusoo but New Element projects don't tend to get much notice, and even if you do want to support them, the dialog sets a minimum price of 1 USD (which is 5 to 10 times what most new parts would actually cost/be worth).

Anyway, the basic idea is to round the nose of normal 1x2 or 1x3 bricks radially to the centerline of the last stud to allow gently curving walls to be built for rounded battlements, architectural details, stud aligned hinges, etc. (There are some sample MLCad shots of the 1x2 half round-nose in action over here )

Although the proposal focuses in the 1x2 half round family (brick, plate and tile) I've also been experimenting with 1x2 full rounds (both ends rounded) and 1x3 full and half rounds (which gives more stability for staggering joints)

I've build both virtual and physical models and I'm very happy with the results (though making the physical prototypes is enough of a pain that I'm giving serious thought to the idea of getting a 3D printer). I've found that my half round to traditional square ended brick will allow a little over 22 degree displacement off center and the round to round connections allow for very wide range of alignments (e.g. pentagons and hexagons of very tight diameters.

Curve builder bricks allow for a much tighter curve than one can currently achieve by alternating 1x3 bricks with 1x1 rounds (the original inspiration for this project about 25 years ago when I first took a razor saw, model glue and a file to a couple of unsuspecting bricks and build my first prototype ). The new round nose design would be easier to manufacture than the current hinge plates that are commonly used today to mimic curves and implement bump-outs. As the studs of the round nose bits, effectively, are the hinge pins, there's no visible knuckle taking up space and the strength of the structure grows with the height of the wall rather than weakens (as in the case with sporadically hinged wall segments in currently Lego sets.

I've wanted these things for years and manufactured a small handful, but I really wish TLG would start making them so I can just buy them in bulk. I don't envision my Cuusoo proposal ever getting anywhere near 10,000 votes (I just don't see a new Lego Brick going viral on Facebook the way Lego Shawn of the Dead or Lego My Little Pony did) but if you've ever been frustrated trying to render a tight curve with the current assortment of parts, please support the project (even if only to call to the attention of the Cuusoo folks that people DO care about new _parts_ in addition to new _sets_ they need better policies for handling New Element Proposals). And if you have questions or suggestions as to make my curve builders better or more versatile, I'm listening.

I've got a proposal languishing over at Cuusoo but New Element projects don't tend to get much notice, and even if you do want to support them, the dialog sets a minimum price of 1 USD (which is 5 to 10 times what most new parts would actually cost/be worth).

I ran into that the hard way. Whenever I support something that should be priced less than $1, I enter $1, and say in the Why box, how many should be worth a dollar.

Everyone that suggests something that would/should be priced less than $1, should ask how much would you pay for a pack of 100, or in your case, a pack of 30 each (90 total).

4L bar in trans yellow and tr. flame yellowish orange. I'm surprised those don't exist yet, especially the former.

I was going to say trans clear and tr. reddish orange too, but they do exist, it's just that they're absurdly rare. So, I'd like those ones to become more common.

Also, this in bright red.

4L bar in trans yellow and tr. flame yellowish orange. I'm surprised those don't exist yet, especially the former.

I was going to say trans clear and tr. reddish orange too, but they do exist, it's just that they're absurdly rare. So, I'd like those ones to become more common.

Also, this in bright red.

Transparent flame yellowish orange? I think you mean Transparent Bright Orange. Transparent Flame Yellowish Orange exists, but it's an obscure color mainly used in Clikits. I think Bricklink treats the two as the same color, but Transparent Bright Orange is what's current.

Yeah, I got mixed up. I'm talking about the tr. orange hue the Barraki eye from Stormer 2.0 comes in. I'm pretty fond of that colour and I'd like to see more of it, especially in Hero Factory.

I don't know if this has ever been suggested, but a trans clear flight stand. A sturdy long curved clear piece with studs on each end so you could use it to create an in flight display effect, similar to the very simple stands that come with model airplanes.

What about a walking cane? The kind with a handle on it It wouldn't even need to be big, just big enough when they have their arms straight down. That way the old folks could get around better.

What about a walking cane? The kind with a handle on it It wouldn't even need to be big, just big enough when they have their arms straight down. That way the old folks could get around better.

Unofficially one exists. A 3L bar and a little blow torch to heat it and bend the end to make a handle.

:D *runs and hides from puritans*

I would love to see some inverted tiles so I could make the bottom of my ceilings smooth as well as the top. I would also like to see a wheel chair piece.

I would love to see some inverted tiles so I could make the bottom of my ceilings smooth as well as the top. I would also like to see a wheel chair piece.

I was also thinking a wheelchair would be useful (especially for custom minifigures of Professor X from X-Men). :classic:

I believe that a 2x2 inverted tile was released in the new wave of Ninjago sets