Si-MOCs

Kaliphlin Guild: Homepage, Sign-up and Discussion

Next time you do a PAB cup, check out this method for packing in the 2x4s -- 169 of them in a large cup!

Man, you just reminded me I need to get to Pick a Brick soon. I tend not to buy 2x4, but with this method I might.

Mikel and Tafik I call BS on that cheat sheet... I present Exhibit A: PAB Grenade:

6392841097_20f40a6620_m.jpg

That is how my containers often look!

Posted by Petera MacLean:

First note of business - Dugal has been missing for quite some time now. We do not know his whereabouts, and because of this time of growing tension GEAR is offering a 10000 gold piece reward for his safe return. He was last seen entering the badlands with a small band of men to check on one of GEAR's many oil rigs. We fear that Dugal's past run-ins with the Drow may have made him a target now that they seem to be on the move. Please help us find Lord Dugal before it is too late. If you have seen him, please have your artist render a picture of what he was doing when you saw or spoke with him, and post it on our common message system here.

Second, with the drums of war seemingly beating louder and louder, I Petera MacLean, Second Lord of Eastgate and brother to Dugal, have refitted the vast GEAR navy for action. We stand ready for Lord Flagg's command.

(I hope to actually get my Lego tables set up soon so I can jump back into the action.)

Big things happened in Mpya Stedor!!!

Failed assassinationattempt at Menshe Isra Ar!!!

Teaser:

assa6.jpg

And Lord Damaximus counted his soldiers!

The balance:

• 20 Mounted Knights
  • 4 Gladiators
  • 16 I.A.M.S. - members
  • 52 Archers (or crossbowmen)
  • 10 Pikemen
  • 14 Spearmen
  • 13 Greataxemen
  • 25 (heavy) Swordsmen

=> A total 154 (and with myself 155) :D

And probably some I forgot to count now, but the exact number and pictures are for tomorrow!

Looking forward to hearing the full story tomorrow :thumbup: With the prelude to Challenge 4 being announced, this, and Hersbrucker's entry to the Commerce Challenge it should be an interesting day on the forums :thumbup:

A failed assassination?

Interesting. I fear that it will be blamed on an Avalonian because of all the stories this guy has been writing about us.

Of course, it can be expected that the Drow will claim they had nothing to do with this. Probably something along the lines of "it wasn't us because we would not have failed"!

This is indeed bad news but rest assured we shall help with the capture of the assassin who did this!

The Antyrian army has not left Avalonia unprotected. I have trained several war magi that themselves, are one man armie's. Avalonia is well protected and if there is need, I can start raising undead from our many graveyard's.

Zakon GoldBlade

Sdair Zuuree says, "Avalonians! In the Nestlands the only zombies that are raised are those of convicted murderers, still serving their sentences to their victims' families. All law abiding citizens here rest peacefully in the bellies of birds, as they are avatars of our Armored Eagle Goddess. Good peoples should be left to spend eternity how they choose."

OOC: I am thinking that the majority of the drow in Kaliphlin cities are culturally a more matriarchal version of the Nietzscheans of Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda. It seems like the psychology fits. Does anyone agree?

Edited by gedren_y

Big things happened in Mpya Stedor!!!

Failed assassinationattempt at Menshe Isra Ar!!!

Teaser:

assa6.jpg

And Lord Damaximus counted his soldiers!

The balance:

• 20 Mounted Knights
  • 4 Gladiators
  • 16 I.A.M.S. - members
  • 52 Archers (or crossbowmen)
  • 10 Pikemen
  • 14 Spearmen
  • 13 Greataxemen
  • 25 (heavy) Swordsmen

=> A total 154 (and with myself 155) :D

And probably some I forgot to count now, but the exact number and pictures are for tomorrow!

That sure is one large lego army! For my fight against the drow or whatever I am going to have a CENTAUR! Beast of Banockburn the badlands.

A failed assassination?

Interesting. I fear that it will be blamed on an Avalonian because of all the stories this guy has been writing about us.

Of course, it can be expected that the Drow will claim they had nothing to do with this. Probably something along the lines of "it wasn't us because we would not have failed"!

This is indeed bad news but rest assured we shall help with the capture of the assassin who did this!

Thanks for your help, but the assassin is the only one who didn't survived the event :laugh:

DaMaximus, you've been doing a great job of making Avalonian's into bad guy's! Antyria has declared your kind as obsolete. You will be destroyed.

(Edit:)

First of all: it is LORD Damaximus for you.

Hmmm, let us see:

Drow against Avalonia (a few weeks ago): "Blablablabla, you will be enslaved blablablablabla and destroyed blablablabla"

Avalonia saw this as a declaration of war...

Avalonian member (and head of the AAG) against Kaliphlin member: "blablablablablablablabla. You will be destroyed"

May Kaliphlin see this as a declaration of war???

I hope not, so that's why I give you the time to rephrase your words :classic:

See, I am not that bad...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now in other news:

The whole story of the Failed Assassination Attempt on Menshe Isra Ar!!!!!

Who did this? Why? => Well, the answer is NOT in the story, but it is still worth reading!!!

assa6.jpg

=> My link <=

Edited by DaMaximus

Ah wow, and the crazy events keep coming! DaMaximus, that's very disturbing news about the assasination attempt - we have contacted the Rakath mountain assasians and they swear they had nothing to do with it. I shall do my best to enquire as to what orginisations might have paid for or sanctioned this hit, and pass on any information as it comes to light.

Petera, i hope that Dugal is found safe and well soon... i'm sure the reward will help, although hopefully it won't come to paying off kidnappers. :sad:

Congrats to Mikel on The Kaliphlin Times - informative and thought provoking stuff! I love the little printing press too... :wub:

DaMaximus, you've been doing a great job of making Avalonian's into bad guy's! Antyria has declared your kind as obsolete. You will be destroyed.

Lol. That kind of trash talk might get you respect in your own guild, but we scoff at it here in Kaliphlin. No need to declare anything against you - your foolishness speaks for itself! :tongue:

~~~~~

I have been sadly unable to get onto any freebuilds lately - work is sucking up all of my build time atm. (But it's amazing work, so i can't complain! :grin:) But in a week or so i should be back into it. Lots of defensive work going on in Peregrinus atm - archers are being equipped with new, more powerful bows, the causeway gatehouse is being strengthened, our shipyards fortified and most excitingly, we have begun construction of a new flagship! We are also sending out diplomatic envoys - more on that later. :classic:

Edited by gabe

CPT BB, that reaction is exactly what Michael Moore aka DaMaximus wants. :wink: Just leave them alone, all they have in their Guild is sand and sand, maybe a little sand too. They love when these things happens so they can look at something else apart from sand..

Is our honoured guest seriously opening up a front against Kaliphlin? A bold move. But possibly not a wise one.

:classic:

In these dark times in Historica, we have seen far too much aggression between the guilds. This does not bode well for the future of Historica. While these times would normally be profitable for The Nahtämatu's services(as a mercenary band), we have decided that our first priority does not lie where the money does(a first for us). Instead, our first priority is to help locate Lord Flagg and ensure his safety(last seen on his pleasure boat). After that, we will offer sanction and protection for any of the lords of Kaliphlin.

We are concerned about the growing tension between Kaliphlin and Avalonia, a stong trade partner of ours. It is our hope that as Lord Flagg is located and our homeland is secured, that we can re-establish relations with our Avalonian partners. There are far darker things lurking on the horizon, and we must be prepared to stand together or fall separately.

Congrats to Mikel on The Kaliphlin Times - informative and thought provoking stuff! I love the little printing press too... :wub:

most excitingly, we have begun construction of a new flagship!

Thanks Gabe! I have more ideas and plan to post a new edition every week or so until at least July 4th. For the heads up, each new issue will be posted in the same thread as the last...

I am also working on a new flagship. My first in fact. I have had several ideas and have a few skeletons of ship projects laying about but this one actually took off to the point where I should hopefully finish it soon. I have about 8 or 9 large unfinished MOCs now and everytime I go to finish one I find an interesting piece, get a new idea, and start a new MOC. Hopefully my Kaliphlin Times will be an outlet for my extra creativity as I tend to think on a smaller scale for that.

Edited by Mikel Kalores

Btw I haven't heard anything from the High King concerning recent events... Wasn't he supposed to be visiting all the guilds?

Sorry for the double post... thought I was editing my last post...:blush:

@DaMaiximus - Glad to hear Menshe Isra Ar escaped unharmed!

Edited by Mikel Kalores

With these threats coming from Avalonia, Lord Damaximus decided to gather his army for some paintings and to see what a bunch brave men he already got now :laugh:

Paintings and numbers => My link

@Mikel, I am looking forward to your flagship ^^ I want also want to make a flagship one day, but that is not for now :sceptic: Also, Menshe Isra Ar said he would not stop with his column :thumbup:

@Kayne, I am glad you will take care of our leader!

@de Gothia, haha I laughed a lot when you called me Michael Moore :laugh: It is the sand that makes us Kaliphlins so powerfull, think about that :thumbup:

@Gabe, I had to choose between buying an army of 100 new men (all wearing the same (modified) armour or the Gatehouse. I chosed for the Gatehouse as that symbolises the Defensive power of Mpya Stedor. But maybe, the soldiers will be ordered as well :classic:

@Medic!!! It looks not as big as I hope when they all stand together :tongue: And our enemy is not the Drow or any other faction in Historica. We fear it is much more powefull :sad:

Prelude to Challenge 4: Elemental Magic

And so it was that through all the efforts and and hard work of it's citizens, Historica recovered the lost Elemental Crystals. Upon hearing that all four crystals had been found, the Historican Victor Revolword sent the following letter to each of the four Mighty Guilds of Historica.

"Dearest Guild Leaders,

I believe I have found the answer to where the lost Shrine of the Druids may be located. As it is our High King's Command that the shrine be discovered, I humbly request that you send forth your four adventurers; Lord Owain Of Avalonia, Ragnar'The Fearless' Nibelung of Mitgardia, Kathyrin Flagg of Kaliphlin,

and Kahzoul 'The Reaper', of Nocturnus to meet me in five days time at high noon on the outskirts of Cerdica. Each adventurer should bring their guild's crystal so that we together may locate and open the shrine. I must insist that those four be sent, as I trust no one else with a task as important as this. I cannot say more as I fear this letter may be intercepted.

~Sincerely,Victor Revolword"

And so it is five days later, and the sun is high in the sky as the four adventurers meet on the hill overlooking the capital.

7321814188_a92e843b24_c.jpg

Owain: "Hello friends, it has been too long!You stil alive Kahzoul? I wasnt sure if you'd make it given how unsafe Nocturnus is these days."

Kahzoul: "Nocturnus? I wouldn't talk, considering the mess the drow have created in your lush homeland! Those little buggers pop out of every hole; they're like vermin I tell you! Soon they'll be all over!"

Ragnar: "Ha...I'd like to see them things try and burrow under Mitgardia's frozen tundra and solid granite mountains! The Drow will never make it in Mitgardia, I can assure you... Kathyrin, how are things in Kaliphlin?"

Kathyrin: "I can't complain. It's been a tough few months; overturning every stone in the desert in search for a water crystal sure wears down on you. I'm eager to see what Victor has found out!"

Ragnar: "Here he comes now!"

7321813538_dfbfae9b0f_c.jpg

Victor: "Ah, there you are, the four great heroes from the four great guilds! Forgive the sudden and mysterious circumstances of my summons, but I have made a discovery that no one is aware of! The exact location of the shrine was made clear to me, and the crystals woill likely confirm it!"

Owain: "Victor,all of Historica was out and about looking for secret shrines and burial sites; how have they not found it? I'm starting to think it may not be in Historica at all!"

Victor: "Ah, and therein lies the exciting part of the discovery! It is in Historica! It's been under our noses our entire time! Tell me, what have you heard about the Knights of Cadarn?"

Kathyrin: "They were an ancient order of knights, in the days before the Guilds. They were hailed as brave warriors and ruthless fighters."

Victor: "Correct, but do you know what their specialty was?"

Owain: "If they were anything like modern knight's I'd put my money on drinking and/or brawling."

Victor: "No, they were expert Mage hunters! They believed in the Chivalry and words of spiritual leaders and sought to root out magic from the world. They did not succeed, but they recorded their exploits and projects very thoroughly!I stumbled upon a History of the Knights of Cadarn, and after a few chapters found an interesting description of a shrine, very much like the one we're looking for! It was taken over by the Knights, who drove away the Druids and sealed the entrance. To make sure no one would ever find it they built a fortress on top of the it! The Fortress of Mizia!"

Ragnar: "So all we need to do is find the fortress ruins?"

Victor: "I looked for its location, and after countless hours of research realized that it was still standing! After nearly one thousand years, the fortress was still very much intact!It is not called Mizia anymore, it's an occupied ruin; in the on the West border of Nocturnus!"

Kahzoul: "Occupied? Occupied by who?"

Victor: "A blood-thirsty Orc tribe, no less! Travelers won't come near it, and that is why I need you. These Orcs are man-eaters, not the civilized Orcs you're used to in your cities. They will attack us if we approach, so we must be ready for a fight. I am just an old man, but with your four's skill, I believe we can make our way through the fortress and into the shrine! But I must confirm it, please take out the crystals."

The adventurers do; as the crystals approach each other they start to glow.

7321813126_578b43b638_c.jpg

Victor: "Quickly now... Yes yes, let us see... Aha it is exactly as I thought! The crystals point East! We are headed towards the fortress then!"

Owain: "Do you know what we'll find in the Shrine Victor?"

Vicrtor: "If I knew I wouldn't be going along on this journey with you! I'm sure the King will be very pleased with whatever treasures we find. Now let us depart..."

The adventurers and Victor travel for 3 days and 3 nights and arrive at an impressive sight; a run-down archaic fortress that oozes a chilly magical tingling. There are human bones and head about the grounds, and the adventurers cautiously approach the gate.

7321812784_497c60f2e9_c.jpg

Orc Guard: "Human! Meat!! Let's get them brothers and sisters!"

Victor: "Now now, there's no need for anyone to get hurt! We simply want to move inside. These four are excellent warriors, let us pass and there won't be any trouble!"

Orc Guard: "Humans talk too much! Warggghh!Kill them!"

Owain: "I guess we're doing this the hard way then?"

Ragnar: "It's more fun this way! Yarghh!"

Kahzoul: "I've got the high positions! Jumping is my thing!" (he jumps onto the battlements)

7321812058_30f409152c_c.jpg

The adventurers engage the horrific Orcs....

7321811590_a505e1d25e_c.jpg

Ragnar: "Take that, Yearghh, and that! You want some too? Yargh! Keep coming at me, I'll take you all on you worthless vermin!Kahzoul, you jumping monkey, get off your perch and join the fight!"

7321810710_6bd4ba9198_c.jpg

Owain: "I guess that's how they teach you to fight in Nocturnus! AAAH!... By jumping around until the enemy gets dizzy and falls on his sword!"

Kathyrin: "He's killing more than both of you combined you loud-mouth! Yahh! Stay down Victor, there are more of them coming!"

7321810016_acaafb2048_c.jpg

Kahzoul: "That's the last of them! Yahhh!"

The adventures assemble in from of the fortress gate.

7321809280_16c6528203_c.jpg

Victor: "Oh my, that was almost too much for my old bones... So, here we are, the fortress of the Knights of Cadarn! The shrine entrance will be somewhere below the altar. Be weary; I feel strong magical forces at work here..."

7321808668_6f2dba51e4_c.jpg

Kathyrin: "We're ready for whatever comes our way Victor! Let's head in!"

The group enters the fortress and quickly finds the abandoned altar. After several attempts to life the slab fail, Victor notices grooves in the stone in the shape of the Elemental crystals. Once the crystals are places, the slab sinks into the floor revealing a hidden stairwell.

The group heads down. In the darkness of the underground, the smells of moist rocks and and fresh vegetation give the party a whiff of freshness. As they walk along a dark corridor an doorway appears; as if cut into the rock. Light illuminates the landscape on the other side, and the party of travelers head in. They arrive at an impressive sight; the Temple of the Druids.

7321807728_d958ca150e_c.jpg

Victor: "Behold friends; the oldest shrine of its kind in existence! Look around! These floors and statues are thousands of years old! This place predates Historica!"

Ragnar: "What on earth kind of temple is this? I haven't seen anything like it!"

Victor: "It is a Shrine for the worship of Elemental magic! Look around; we are surrounded by the 4 elements; each has an altar on which the crystals should be placed."

Kahzoul: "The brifge is out, we could swim but the water is turbulent; we'll never make it!"

Victor: "Allow me." (he raises his staff and utters) "Mostikus!"

7321807270_d926eae399_c.jpg

Kathyrin: "Amazing!"

Victor: "A cheap trick compared to the magic we'll find here. Off we go now let us cross!"

7321806706_312ba00566_c.jpg

Ragnar: "What are these eagle statues for?"

Owain: "They look like the altars Victor mentioned; but how do we know what crystal goes where?"

Victor: "You must think in terms of the elements; look here an Elder Wood tree; the symbol of the ancient earth. The earth Elemental crystal goes here!"

Kathyrin: "There are stepping stones into the water there; it must be for the water element! The fire pits signify the fire element and Ragnar, if I'm not mistaking, that misty cauldron rock there symbolizes the air element!"

Victor: "Excellent observations my dear! Can you reach the altars safely?"

Ragnar: "Yes, be careful Kathyrin; that water is treacherous!"

Victor: "Here we go, place the crystals on the altars and I will recite some ancient druid enchantments!"

7321806282_c2df1b9eea_c.jpg

Victor: "Wonderful! Get ready now!"

As Victor reads of ancient Druid chants, the floor of the cave trembles and an ancient trap door opens in the shrine revealing a glittering object.

Ragnar: "What is it Victor? Treasure??"

Victor picks it up, and walks to the edge of the water.

Victor: "Oh it's better than that my lad, better than that! It's the helm of the Druid Head priest! The enchantments herein are more potent than any magic we possess! I've been looking for it all my life!"

Owain: "Wait, you said you didn't know anything about what was kept in here!"

Victor: "Ah, yes, I may not have been entirely honest you see; my true purpose in coming was to obtain this lovely artifact that the Knights of Cadarn wisely hid away from mankind so many centuries ago! You see, this artifact makes me the most powerful magic user in the world, and it is high time I got my way. I should thank you all, without you I would never have been able to find the crystals and get inside the Shrine! Now Historica is mine for the taking!"

Ragnar: "Are you mad old man! We'll cut you down before tyou manage to raise an arm in defense!"

Victor: "Let's make sure that does not happen!" (He raises his staff and utters a chant. Suddenly the adventurers are held down by an invisible force)

7321805626_afcf35b08f_c.jpg

Owain: "What on earth is going on! Stop it you old coot!"

Ragnar: "It's pulling me in! I can't move!"

Kahzoul: "Aaah the fire! He's pulling me into it! Stop him somebody do something!"

Kathyrin: "Help! I'm gonna drown! It's pulling me towards the deep!"

Victor: "Easy there my pretties, the more you struggle the worse it'll be! You're gonna be servants to my will!"

The adventurers are pulled into the elemental altars and disappear.

Victor: "Ah, my apologies, but I need your souls!" (He collects all 4 crystals) "I hope you're comfy in there! Now to test how powerful this Helm is; I should be able to materialize in another dimension. Let's try the realm of Elemental Spirits!" (He brings his staff down onto the floor; the room begins to spin, and he is transported into a place with no obvious dimensions or features)

7321804564_da437cbd89_c.jpg

Victor: "Spirits can be seeded into these vessels! I am sorry my friends but you ill be the host of these spirits! Each of you will become an elemental being under my command... The Drow are an annoyance, the real threats to Historica was right under your noses this whole time!And all I had to do was put on the guise of an old geezer! You High King is not safe, your Guilds are not safe! I will put events into action that will challenge Historica's very existence! Now, I summon you spirits of Elemental magic! Take on these souls and vessels! Serve me and destroy my enemies! I command you, OBEY!!!"

Brilliant lights shoot across the darkness and find their way to the Crystals that now house the unfortunate adventurers; each one erupts in a brilliant display of it's element's properties. From the seeds rise four giant Elemental Monsters...

7321804138_df00613a49_c.jpg

Victor: "Rise! Rise and obey your master! By virtue of this Great Helm, I command you to do my bidding!"

7321803406_ca94f175b2_c.jpg

Victor: "The hour of the Black Mage Victor has arrived! My elemental forces will reduce Historica to rubble! Doom is coming!!!

Soon to come: Challenge 4. Stay Tuned...

Wow SoT! That's an awesome story with beautiful MOCs! I had completely forgotten about Victor. It's time for us all to come together!

What! Our heroine Kathryn imprisioned and Historica threatened by some would-be overlord? This will not stand! Methinks this mage has overreached himself, unless his intent be to pull the wrath of all the guilds upon him! :devil:

ps. Awesome builds SoT - interesting to see the overlap in the "Rise of the Mage" storyline too. Can't wait to hear about the challenge proper now. :sweet:

It was foretold that this would happen... That a powerful mage would trick the heroes of Historica to gain power.

Now seeing as so much of this stuff is foretold ( A ridiculous amount due to those great monks of the cliche.) we have invited all of you to come and see what's install for you to prevent future misunderstandings.

But to beat him....... We must unite!.... (Which is flipping hard due to the drow) so maybe just the Kaliphlin..... For on this day, In this place.... THE CENTAURS RETURN TO THE BADLANDS! (Play lord of the rings music: LalaLAAAAAA... la la LA LA LO LO LOLOLO)

or Kentmer as I say in true Skyrim slang :3 But seriously... I shall have some new centaur stuff up when my brick-forge order arrives..

FUS RO DAH! (suckerz) :P

This does not have to be a bad thing, maybe we could find an allie in this overconfetent mage...

Well, well, well. Look what Cadarnosaurus Rex pointed out.

It's strange, Victor Revolword - Revolword = Drow Lover !!! The Drow!

Some people think the Drow were merely a nuisance and all we should worry about is the Mage, but I say the Drow are more of a threat than ever!

On an unrelated note:

Due to an unfortunate lack of good taste in the past, most of my Lego collection is Bionicle. Would it be okay to post a beast that's mostly Bionicle parts? I'm not sure if there's some rule against that in GoH...

Well, well, well. Look what Cadarnosaurus Rex pointed out.

Some people think the Drow were merely a nuisance and all we should worry about is the Mage, but I say the Drow are more of a threat than ever!

On an unrelated note:

Due to an unfortunate lack of good taste in the past, most of my Lego collection is Bionicle. Would it be okay to post a beast that's mostly Bionicle parts? I'm not sure if there's some rule against that in GoH...

Old news (about the wordplay)... :laugh: There were already rumours about that the first time we heard his name (so the prelude of challenge 3) :laugh:

And in the words of Victor:

" The Drow are an annoyance, the real threat to Historica was right under your noses this whole time! "

That means that the mage is not working FOR the Drow... But probably he will work together WITH the Drow. That's not the same...

That means that the mage is not working FOR the Drow... But probably he will work together WITH the Drow. That's not the same...

I understood that...but if they work together I'd say the Drow are more of a threat than before.

Edited by purpleparadox