sok117

Purist Superhero Figures

LOL MODOK

Yeah, he's pretty cool too, isn't he? :grin:

Oky that is just the greatest. :laugh:

Thanks, but I can't take credit for it; it's all SPARKART's design and picture. :wink:

Monster Fighters is obviously a good source of superhero figs. Not only does it provide us with a ManBat, but a Lagoon Boy as well! :sweet:

Also, the Moria Orc hairpiece from LOTR should be useful for making a custom Beast Boy, even though the hair is too long in the back. Simply put it on top of an Army Men, Castle troll, or Hulk head (whichever looks better with the olive green ears) with a purple torso, black arms, green or gray hands, purple or gray hips, and black legs.

NRG Zane and NRG Kai without hoods will make a great purist Ice Man and Human Torch respectively.

-Omi

I think this combo would make a nice Green Arrow:

88489.jpg

3626bpb029.gif

973pb670c01.jpg(Flesh hands/green arms & legs)

Has anyone tried to make Vigilante from the Justice League Unlimited cartoon? I saw the one attached below on Flickr (credit goes to graznador's photostream). Seems pretty easy to make - I just don't have any cowboy hats.

post-27292-13381364047248.jpg

Edited by JFAWWE

Happy to see some new ideas floating around, now heres my two

Bucky

Bucky by sok117, on Flickr

and

Winter Soldier

Winter Soldier by sok117, on Flickr

Credit if used please! :classic:

These looks nice! Do you have a movie version Bucky?

Edited by LuxorV
Please do not quote images form the same page. Thanks.

These looks nice! Do you have a movie version Bucky?

No, not yet at least. :tongue:

wow these are some really really fantastic ideas. The one character that keeps bugging me though is aqua man. i have seen some really good ones on here but sometimes he is portrayed as being a merman, what if we were to use the fish body piece from the posiden figure from Series 7 for the legs? Here is my really quick rendition of him I am trying to find a better face.

Aquaman

I love the Winter soldier Sok117! I also like your idea, Macoco, for green arrow. And to be quiet honest I LOVE the idea for the HYDRA Soldiers K-nut.

If i have any other ideas ill be sure to post them but good work everyone I can't wait to see more!

Charlie

Edited by chuckie8646

Hi everybody, this is my first post on the forum, thought I'd share some of my interpretations of some Marvel characters in minifig form:

7297881264_5e627e3c19_b.jpg

From left to right we have: King Cobra, Doctor Strange, Taskmaster and Red Skull.

All three have some artistic license in regards to their looks; taskmaster is a blend of his original and "ultimates" look, King Cobra face is obviously not his typical face, but I went with more of a mutant snake-man look... But I am super happy with my Doctor Strange.

What do you think?

Phil

That Bucky is spot on! As is Winter Soldier! :wub:

Not exactly a figure, but the Fantasy Era Dragon makes a great Fing Fang Foom. :grin:

Hi everybody, this is my first post on the forum, thought I'd share some of my interpretations of some Marvel characters in minifig form:

*snip*

From left to right we have: King Cobra, Doctor Strange, Taskmaster and Red Skull.

That Doctor Strange is fantastic! :wub: Not so sure about Red Skull, I think this face may work better.

*snip*

So I thought Id join the fun! :sweet: Anyhow this is the Mandarin from Iron Man.

Pretty good! Looks exactly like the Mandarin. Good choice on the PoP head.

Thanks guys, I'm going to try to get better photos of them all tomorrow, from a proper camera, not just an iphone. :)

I came up with these figs over the weekend.

Norman Osbourne

028.jpg

Uncle Ben

030.jpg

Peter Parker

033.jpg

Steve Rodgers

032.jpg

Agent Coulson

031.jpg