K-Nut

Heroica RPG - Heroica Arena

Yeah, stuff being realistic. But at that size, I probably could.

Knew I should have gone for the double sided axe :wall: and did you see the giant spike on the end of the axe?

Knew I should have gone for the double sided axe :wall: and did you see the giant spike on the end of the axe?

Oh right. I assumed you were swinging it at Erik's side. Not down onto his head. Alright, I'll cross that out.

I, Johon (Alf Gregory) (Bricksandparts), would like to challenge Sorrow (Endgame), to a duel!

If he accepts, I attack from the front row with my Sword of Decay.

Edited by Bricksandparts

I, Johon (Alf Gregory) (Bricksandparts), would like to challenge Sorrow (Endgame), to a duel!

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

Please don't overtake me in such a barbaric fashion, Syntax.

"I attack from the front row with my longsword."

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

Please don't overtake me in such a barbaric fashion, Syntax.

"I attack from the front row with my longsword."

GM Note:

Did you guys see that there's a battle before you?

GM Note:

...Whoops. :wall:

Will I have to respecify my action later?

...Whoops. :wall:

Will I have to respecify my action later?

GM Note:

It would be nice. :grin:

GM Note:

OoC: Oops... It wasn't a hot topic so I didn't realize...

Johon rushes into the arena, and is disappointed that the battle will have to wait, but at least some action is going on. He sees a yeti with an over-sized axe fighting the guy who keeps falling out of windows. With an axe. Running up the other axe. Johon turns to Sorrow and tries not to look at the dead mass next to him directly.

"Guess we'll have to wait."

OoC: Oops... It wasn't a hot topic so I didn't realize...

Johon rushes into the arena, and is disappointed that the battle will have to wait, but at least some action is going on. He sees a yeti with an over-sized axe fighting the guy who keeps falling out of windows. With an axe. Running up the other axe. Johon turns to Sorrow and tries not to look at the dead mass next to him directly.

"Guess we'll have to wait."

"Eh, I spent a few days in the afterlife. Equates to a few years in normal time - I have patience."

I, Erik Tyrvarr (Myrddyn), would like to challenge Nagure (Costy), to a duel!

(OOC: Boldened after post 528)

OOC:

Nagure is attacking Erik from the front row with his axe, Erik is attacking Nagure from the front row with his spear.

If everyone is busy and can't host the fight, that's fine, I just thought I should clarify, in case it got lost or something.

Edited by Myrddyn

If everyone is busy and can't host the fight, that's fine, I just thought I should clarify, in case it got lost or something.

GM Note:

I'd do it, but I'm gonna be gone this entire weekend. I'll get it started for you on Monday if Nobody's done it by then. Sorry for the delay!

"I Elgar Gligin (Jedi master Brick) challenge Drake Flamerobe (xxlrocka) to a duel in the area in the name of justice. Should he accept he will find crime does not pay indeed"

Erik vs. Nagure: Damage

Nagure vs. Erik: Special Damage

Erik, you start out swing your spear twice. Nagure hits you on the side, dealing nine damage. In your cockiness, Nagure, Erick slices you twice, dealing 18 damage and ending the battle.

Erik is victorious!

Al Health and Ether is restored, consumables are not replaced.

"Thanks Mr Arimees!"

"Good fight, Nagure! Lets go get a drink!"

Erik walks out of the arena.

I, Johon (Alf Gregory) (Bricksandparts), would like to challenge Drake Flamerobe (xxlrocka), to a duel!

I attack from the front row with my Sword of decay!

En Sabah Nur enters the arena and checks the match books. "Nothing but a couple of unanswered challenges. Looks like you need to attract some business here, Arimees. No one's sparring."

I, Mizuki Kimura (zakura), would like to challenge Erik Tyrvarr (Myrddyn), to a duel!

Skrall had walked back to the hall, noticing that his note had been removed, he made his way over to the Arena. The space seemed underused, but he found his oppenent off to one of the sides.

"I don't know if we've had the pleasure or not my good man. I take it yer the one who accepted my little invitation?" Skrall extended his hand toward the elf.

Skrall had walked back to the hall, noticing that his note had been removed, he made his way over to the Arena. The space seemed underused, but he found his oppenent off to one of the sides.

"I don't know if we've had the pleasure or not my good man. I take it yer the one who accepted my little invitation?" Skrall extended his hand toward the elf.

Yes, I accept your invitation.

I, Benji Carvenhall (Flare), would like to challenge Skrall (Water Brick Down), to a duel!

"Very well Mr. Carvenhall, let's have at it." Seeing as no other heroes seem to be lined up for the use of the facility, Skrall lowers himself into the arena then begins to check his equipment to ensure all is in order.

icon.png vs. skrall_avatar.jpg

Prepare for battle!

Combatants:

icon.png

Benji Carvenhall (Flare)

28 years old male half-elven Warden

Level 22
*Counterstriking*

Power:
(22+13)

Defense:

Health:
36/36
(6+21+8+1)

Gold:

Equipment:
Crossbow of the Pongcanis (WP:13;
Darkness
Ice
Fire
Wind
-elemental), Fauxthril Shield (SP:5), Tricorne (SP:3), Counterstrike Gloves (After the wearer is struck by a Free Hit they counter with strength equal to their level; handwear)

Inventory:
Golden Handcannon (WP:8;
Lightning
-elemental), Cobweb Cowl (Grants immunity to sudden death; backwear), Grand Potions (7), Health Core, Remedy, Phoenix Essence, Meads (3), Nostrum, Venoms (2), Smoke Bombs (2), Lightning Bomb, Water Bomb, Pickaxe, Bedroll, Shovel, Bones (3), Diamond (
Light
), Emerald (
Wood
), Garnet (
Earth
), Sapphire (
Wind
)

skrall_avatar.jpg

Skrall (Waterbrick Down)

79 year old Male Ogre Hunter

Level 22 *
Favors Humanoid and Mechanical Enemies
* *Immunity to
Slowed
and
Bound

Power:
(22+20)

Defense:

Health:
36/36
(6+20+6+3)

Ether:
0/0

Gold:

Equipment:
Leojagd (WP:20; Greatsword; User is
Slowed
), Hunter's Quiver (Bows and Crossbows +2 WP; allows Hunters to favor two types of enemies), Winged Sandles (Immunity to
Slowed
and
Bound
effects), Lucky Doubloon (Grants "Special Guard")

Inventory:
Hunter's Crossbow (WP:11; +4 vs. Beasts), Heavy Crossbow (WP:8; Knockback), Smoke Bomb, Zoot's Plaything, Mead, Grand Potion

Both of you, choose your targets and the row you want to fight in. Also mention if you want to try to flee, move, heal, or cast a magic spell, or if you want to use an item instead of attacking.

Benji attacks the ogre from the back row with the crossbow. "Surrender and I'll spare you're life!" Benji shouts in jest.

Results of Round One of Carvenhall vs. Skrall:

>Benji Carvenhall vs. Skrall - Aim ((22/2)-0=11 Darkness-, Fire-, Ice- and Wind-elemental Damage)

>Skrall vs. Benji Carvenhall - Critical Hit (((13*2)/2)-8=5 Damage)

GM Note:

Wow, the Arena rules are broken. In a quest, Benji would've dealt significantly less Damage and Skrall significantly more. Also, I think it was decided somewhere in Rules and Discussion a while back that a Darkness-elemental attack didn't deal double Damage to heroes in the Arena; I'm assuming that this means that favoring Humanoids doesn't deal triple Damage, either.

~~~~~

Seeing the large ogre preparing to fire, Benji, you take careful aim and put a quarrel into Skrall's arm. Momentarily ignoring the pain, Skrall, you raise your own bow and let loose what's usually a mighty shot, but it ricochets off of the Warden's shield and doesn't do much Damage.

The battle continues...

Combatants:

icon.png

Benji Carvenhall (Flare)

28 years old male half-elven Warden

Level 22
*Counterstriking*

Power:
(22+13)

Defense:

Health:
31/36
(6+21+8+1)

Gold:

Equipment:
Crossbow of the Pongcanis (WP:13;
Darkness
Ice
Fire
Wind
-elemental), Fauxthril Shield (SP:5), Tricorne (SP:3), Counterstrike Gloves (After the wearer is struck by a Free Hit they counter with strength equal to their level; handwear)

Inventory:
Golden Handcannon (WP:8;
Lightning
-elemental), Cobweb Cowl (Grants immunity to sudden death; backwear), Grand Potions (7), Health Core, Remedy, Phoenix Essence, Meads (3), Nostrum, Venoms (2), Smoke Bombs (2), Lightning Bomb, Water Bomb, Pickaxe, Bedroll, Shovel, Bones (3), Diamond (
Light
), Emerald (
Wood
), Garnet (
Earth
), Sapphire (
Wind
)

skrall_avatar.jpg

Skrall (Waterbrick Down)

79 year old Male Ogre Hunter

Level 22 *
Favors Humanoid and Mechanical Enemies
* *Immunity to
Slowed
and
Bound

Power:
(22+20)

Defense:

Health:
25/36
(6+20+6+3)

Ether:
0/0

Gold:

Equipment:
Leojagd (WP:20; Greatsword; User is
Slowed
), Hunter's Quiver (Bows and Crossbows +2 WP; allows Hunters to favor two types of enemies), Winged Sandles (Immunity to
Slowed
and
Bound
effects), Lucky Doubloon (Grants "Special Guard")

Inventory:
Hunter's Crossbow (WP:11; +4 vs. Beasts), Heavy Crossbow (WP:8; Knockback), Smoke Bomb, Zoot's Plaything, Mead, Grand Potion

Both of you, choose your targets and the row you want to fight in. Also mention if you want to try to flee, move, heal, or cast a magic spell, or if you want to use an item instead of attacking.

You didn't lower my health :wink: Just trying to play fair :tongue:

Benji continues his previous attack.