just2good

850423 LEGO Minifigure Display w/ Space Figure set

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

I spotted a wierd set during my LEGO store trip. I'm not sure if it has ever been posted before. It comes with a blue Classic Space figure, and the expression is this face.

7269849844_71ed1bacf4.jpg

7269852950_148c9559fc.jpg

Edit by Rufus:

gallery_6705_159_55335.png

Official Shop@Home picture

Shop@Home Link

Edited by Rufus
Indexed. S@H Info

Yeah they're brand new for June, obviously some places haver released early. I think it's a replacement for the yellow box that holds 15 figures.

Looks like a cool set. One question: is the helmet a classic space helmet, or the version that can hold a visor?

They destroyed the molds for the classic space helmet years ago. This one can hold a visor.

I liked the yellow case that holds 16 figures. I wish I would have bought more! They are nowhere to be found near me these days.

The classic space is a neat concept, but I agree on having a classic smiley would be better. And I do like those classic helmets. The good ol' days.

Wow, this is nifty. I do of course understand about the different helmet; they simply don't make the old design any longer (as I understand it, it was determined to be a bit too fragile, breaking at the chin strap too easily - we AFOLs may have enormous affection for it, but by TLG's standards it's apparently now considered to not meet their quality standards).

It does seem a bit odd (the construction, that is), but I guess the idea is that one would buy as many of these as one wants to be able to build a modular display unit for one's minifigures, sizable to whatever number of minifigures one wishes to display. I wonder whether anyone will actually buy huge numbers of this set and build huge display units.

I liked the yellow case that holds 16 figures. I wish I would have bought more! They are nowhere to be found near me these days.

The classic space is a neat concept, but I agree on having a classic smiley would be better. And I do like those classic helmets. The good ol' days.

Those cases a widely available at TRU, and now come in black, too.

Wow, it would take about $280 bucks to put all current CMFs in one case each! I don't find this very rentable on the large scale. :look:

And you'd have a lot or spacemen. Almost think it would have been better to have rotations of this with different minifigs, or even package it along with a bagged CMF eg from series 8

And you'd have a lot or spacemen. Almost think it would have been better to have rotations of this with different minifigs, or even package it along with a bagged CMF eg from series 8

Hey, for some of us the Classic Spacemen are awesome, even with the newer helmets. I'd definitely like one more shot at getting a few blue spacers, so for me this is great.

Different choices of figs could be interesting. I for one would like to have all 5 color variations of the new classic spacemen, even though I own the original ones.

I like the idea behind this. I never liked the idea of spending money on something Lego related that isn't really Lego, such as minifig display cases, so a display case made out of Lego makes much more sense to me. Can anyone confirm that these are not glued? It says it's a 89-piece building toy on the front, and the pieces in the built model don't seem as perfectly attached as they usually are on glued models, but the odd fact that it comes pre-assembled makes me suspicious. :sceptic:

Those cases a widely available at TRU, and now come in black, too.

I think he's talking about the official one, not the TRU ones, although that one is still available too, at least online. :shrug_confused:

I was actually talking about these. The official one looks nice, but only holds 15 instead of 16 which is really silly on TLG's part. The case I linked to was widely available last fall and then they disappeared. I would never pay almost double from a 3rd Party Reseller. And I couldn't find them at TRU which is only a slight mark-up compared to the people at Amazon marketplace. Oh well..

The single display stand might be nice, but it does seem pricey to get enough of them to actually use.

The use of a single display is very nice as well as quite useful, but the lack of a dust protector lessens there value to me. Never the less I might pick one up, because they could serve many worth while purposes. :classic:

I like the idea behind this. I never liked the idea of spending money on something Lego related that isn't really Lego, such as minifig display cases, so a display case made out of Lego makes much more sense to me. Can anyone confirm that these are not glued? It says it's a 89-piece building toy on the front, and the pieces in the built model don't seem as perfectly attached as they usually are on glued models, but the odd fact that it comes pre-assembled makes me suspicious. :sceptic:

Where are you getting the info that it's preassembled - do you just mean the portion of it we see through the package window? If that's it, I suspect it's just that small portion of the set that comes pre-assembled, and the rest of it is in the usual bags of bricks floating around in the box.

It reminds me of some old-style packages, when certain elements in a set would be showcased by showing them in little form-fitted depressions in a clear plastic tray over the rest of the contents. Sometimes those would include preassembled minifigures and perhaps other submodels, but the parts weren't glued. I'd guess this is like those.

Hey, for some of us the Classic Spacemen are awesome, even with the newer helmets. I'd definitely like one more shot at getting a few blue spacers, so for me this is great.

This is pretty cool and since I don't own a blue Classic Spaceman I'd pick this up if I see it in store.

I was actually talking about these. The official one looks nice, but only holds 15 instead of 16 which is really silly on TLG's part. The case I linked to was widely available last fall and then they disappeared. I would never pay almost double from a 3rd Party Reseller. And I couldn't find them at TRU which is only a slight mark-up compared to the people at Amazon marketplace. Oh well..

The single display stand might be nice, but it does seem pricey to get enough of them to actually use.

I picked up one of these in black at TRU and was surprised it was only about 22USD. I would get more in black if they show up. Great way to display minifigs and keep em clean at the same time.