Oswald the Rabbit

General Pirates of the Caribbean Theme Discussion Thread

Its a nice idea but I don't see it happening. As has already been observed further POTC sets are looking increasingly unlikely. If they don't release a Dutchman, I certainly don't see them making an Endeavor. :pir-cry_sad:

Well Pirates 5 is on the cards, they're working on a script apparently. So I can see LEGO resurrecting the theme when that movie comes out. But until them, probably no new sets.

Well Pirates 5 is on the cards, they're working on a script apparently. So I can see LEGO resurrecting the theme when that movie comes out. But until them, probably no new sets.

In my opinion that is the only time we'll see new PotC sets.

I've said it numerous times TLG only releases Licensed sets when there is a movie or current show for them to piggy back on. So far I have not been wrong. Now the Superman sets are the only exception I can think of but they are kind of piggy backing off of the other superhero movie. Same goes for batman, they are lumping them all into superheroes since there is a current movie related to superheroes.

I didn't comment on this at the time, but from yellowcastle's list, I think we could be getting the Dutchman for Chrsitmas

here

TC-14 and Olympics were subsequently confirmed so hopefully 8805 is real too. Very odd set number though, doesn't feel quite right.

:pir-classic:

I didn't comment on this at the time, but from yellowcastle's list, I think we could be getting the Dutchman for Chrsitmas

here

TC-14 and Olympics were subsequently confirmed so hopefully 8805 is real too. Very odd set number though, doesn't feel quite right.

:pir-classic:

Now we've seen those two other sets the FD is looking a bit more realistic. But if it is 128.99 then I fear over how large it is. Maybe a two decked, four cannon ship, that'll look nice.

Same goes for batman, they are lumping them all into superheroes since there is a current movie related to superheroes.

Maybe you have forgotten about the forthcoming Batman movie...

Now we've seen those two other sets the FD is looking a bit more realistic. But if it is 128.99 then I fear over how large it is. Maybe a two decked, four cannon ship, that'll look nice.

I would not be so sure about two decked, the price is very similar to QAR and I suppose the Kraken is to be made from bricks so there are going to be less pieces used for the actual ship.

But we can always cross fingers. :pir-sweet:

My bad, didn't notice the GBP. Seems more reasonable then but still the setnumber 8805 doesn't correspond.

I remembered one person stating he did see the set in a catalogue or something. Was this just a selfmade rumour to keep us excited or what?

Anyway I think that there aren't any sets coming out soon because:

1. There are too many licensed themes introduced at this particular moment: LotR, DC, Marvel and Star Wars

2. There's no movie coming out in the next 2 years.

Too bad though but that's just me being realistic. :pir-sceptic:

If we don't get any new POTC sets this year, it would be a terrible shame, as I don't feel the line reached its full potential in the first wave. Furthermore, to not get any Pirates in 2012 is also a disappointment. If the Brickset Toyfair report is correct POTC exits in July.

Just have to wait until 2013 for more, if any Pirates it's starting to look like. :pir-sceptic:

Well they did pause Spongebob for a year or so. On that note, the POTC movie 5 sets look more possible.

Edited by sologuy369

If there's really a fifth movie coming out I don't doubt LEGO will make sets for it.

As long as they still have the Disney license I think it's a very good chance, and hopefully like the Star Wars series, they'll throw in a few sets from movies past.

As long as they still have the Disney license I think it's a very good chance, and hopefully like the Star Wars series, they'll throw in a few sets from movies past.

Hopefully so. For the "old movie sets", some new sets would be good like At World's End ones. No sets could count for that movie, not even the Black Pearl. The Pearl was the second movie because of Davy Jones coming for Jack.

I still hope for the return of Pintel & Ragetti in the 5th instalment, although Barbossa nearly died when the pearl sank.

Throw in a P & R, cutler beckett and Tia Dalma/Calypso and I will be happy. :pir-blush:

$180 US for the Dutchman and the Kraken still seems a little scary. I would much rather do with out the Kraken and see a $180 nicely done Dutchman :pir-wub:

The ship just has too many details they can include! My only hope is that maybe the Kraken is simply a brick built tentacle that does not take many pieces so we can still get a nice big ship out of it! :pir-wub:

I just upped my fleet drastically. Kmart had the QAR on sale for a ridiculous $30. So sweet.

I just upped my fleet drastically. Kmart had the QAR on sale for a ridiculous $30. So sweet.

Good god. I missed the clearance and Kmarts are scarce here on the west coast - none near me. But at 30 bucks for a QAR, I would seriously buy all I could. I mean, the Angelica fig alone sells for around $15, and that's half of your cost right there. A couple of the other figs sell for like $7 each, so there's your other $15 you paid. So jealous! :pir-sick: (Not to mention people like me paid $100 for that set not too long ago!)

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemInv.asp?S=4195-1&viewItemType=M

That is very hard to believe. I'll be checking my Kmart tomorrow.

Check your Kmarts out seriously. All of the Pirates sets were discounted. I also got the cabin set for $4.50, the Cannibal Escape for $11 and the Mill for $15. There has also been report of the Black Pearl for $25 and Alien Conquest and Harry Potter sets ridiculously priced as well. Good luck everybody

That's crazy the QAR was still on sale here for $199 AUD, I would of bought everyone I could and sold them to us aussies for a nice profit :pir_bawling:

Check your Kmarts out seriously. All of the Pirates sets were discounted. I also got the cabin set for $4.50, the Cannibal Escape for $11 and the Mill for $15. There has also been report of the Black Pearl for $25 and Alien Conquest and Harry Potter sets ridiculously priced as well. Good luck everybody

Was your Kmart closing by any chance?