Sign in to follow this  
Rumble Strike

Heroica RPG - Quest 32: The Lost Children

"Ooh! Nice work, trying to start an auction with me and Mr Maginastra bidding against Sorrow and Hlin! I'm very impressed.

Unfortunately, Sorrow has about 60 gold more than me."

Don't worry, both sides have plenty of money. Whatever side I go on has a much greater chance of winning this battle. Are you going to make an offer?

Edited by Costy

Don't worry, both sides have plenty of money. Whatever side I go on has a much greater chance of winning this battle. Are you going to make an offer?

"We'll probably get monetary rewards for beating blue-and-bearded, so you simply have to play for my side to get gold. If not, I'll reimburse you with some market goods.

Also, Nagure, you should probably drink your mead. You'll be a killing machine with double damage.

Eric, just because somebody made something doesn't made they are more powerful then their creations. One look at the Ji Pei will tell you that their automatons are pretty durable, but the bearded inventors themselves are as fragile as glass.

Edited by Endgame

If not, I'll reimburse you with some market goods.

What type of goods?

I also drink my Mead.

Anyone else want to make an offer on a killing machine?

Edited by Costy

What type of goods?

I also drink my Mead.

Anyone else want to make an offer on a killing machine?

Another mead. Probably a nostrum, and a grand potion and remedy.

Another mead. Probably a nostrum, and a grand potion and remedy.

This is the best offer I've heard so far. unless someone else wants to make a larger offer I'm going with Sorrow.

This is the best offer I've heard so far. unless someone else wants to make a larger offer I'm going with Sorrow.

"I'd be happy to up it if outbid."

Did you want to make a bid Mizuki, Erik or Mr Maginastra?

Edited by Costy

"So what exactly am I bidding against? Airy-fairy promises of things you have no guarantee of getting? Does 20 gold beat those empty promises? And I will throw in my mead and remedy if you join on this side. Sure the total value of my offer is a bit less than Syntax's, but mine is guaranteed."

Edited by Myrddyn

"So what exactly am I bidding against? Airy-fairy promises of things you have no guarantee of getting? Does 20 gold beat those empty promises? And I will throw in my mead and remedy if you join on this side. Sure the total value of my offer is a bit less than Syntax's, but mine is guaranteed."

I trust Sorrow to give me those things. If he does not he will have a very angry Yeti coming after him. So far the offers seem to be very even.

"Well, alright. I'm prepared to go as high as 60 gold, plus the mead and remedy I mentioned. That's the highest I'll go, though."

Edited by Myrddyn

I trust Sorrow to give me those things. If he does not he will have a very angry Yeti coming after him. So far the offers seem to be very even.

I'll push up Erik's bet with a grand potion and a smoke bomb.

Very well. I will take Erik and Mizuki's offer of 60 gold, 1 mead, 1 remedy, 1 grand potion and a smoke bomb. Final call for Sorrow.

Very well. I will take Erik and Mizuki's offer of 60 gold, 1 mead, 1 remedy, 1 grand potion and a smoke bomb. Final call for Sorrow.

"I throw in 40 coins.

Eric + Mizuki's offer: Grand Potion (10) Mead (15) Smokebomb (5)+ 1 remedy (10) + 60 = 100

My offer: Mead (15) Nostrum (35) grand Potion (10) remedy (10) + 40 gold = 110.

Even your combined funds are outclassed by I. drake might have something to throw in too. Accept your defeat in this match.

Also, "airy". ironic you'd insult me with that when you are defending a man who is the defination of "airy".

Edited by Endgame

"I throw in 40 coins.

Eric + Mizuki's offer: Grand Potion (10) Mead (15) Smokebomb (5)+ 1 remedy (10) + 60 = 100

My offer: Mead (15) Nostrum (35) grand Potion (10) remedy (10) + 40 gold = 110.

Very well, it looks like I will side with Sorrow after all. Unless Erik's side wants to make an offer...

Edited by Costy

Very well, it looks like I will side with Sorrow after all. Unless Erik wants to make an offer...

"He already conceded. And remember, friend, when I am in this state I am Syntax.

Unless the Maginastra makes a better offer, I'm fighting with Syntax.

"He already conceded. And remember, friend, when I am in this state I am Syntax.

Erik, let's fight them and try not to let them hurt the maginistra.

Erik, let's fight them and try not to let them hurt the maginistra.

"It seems as if you have become as dedicated to the Maginastra as the guardians or armor. My heart is not as easily swayed, nor will I ever willingly not bloody this man. Even I, a split personality riddled with phobias, disorders, paranoia, and slight delusions can see that what he did was obviously wrong. the maginastra obviously has a less insane mind then I, and it stands to reason he would've and should've seen the error of his ways from the start.

Criminals do not deserve a second chance.

I agree with Syntax. If we let every criminal have a second chance the world would be a place of chaos and destruction. Other quests have failed by letting the criminal go, so we should take him in.

I apply venom to my longsword.

"Should'ave added psychopathy to the list. What do ya think you've got, Mr undead? Second life, Second chance. I'm sure your life hasn't been lived perfectly. You'd have made mistake before. You've gotten second chances. Anyway, what defines him as a criminal? Hlin, Do you think the Maginastra should be killed, knowing as you do that while he did the wrong thing, he did it for a good reason. If you, who had your daughter taken by him, can find it in your heart to forgive him, or at least refrain from murdering him, surely the rest of you so-called 'heroes will follow suit?"

OOC:You used your venom on Buzzy.

Page 22, after all the guardians were dead. I got a venom during one the guardian battles, or so my inventory says.

"6 months, Erik. 6 months among the living before I BURNED TO DEATH, AND WATCHED MY REAL FAMILY FOLLOW SUIT! I never heard a first chance to do anything, so don't you DARE lecture me on this.

A vein pulsed in my left hand, my dominant one. I needed to keep my cool, lest I want another heart attack.

Edited by Endgame

OOC:You used your venom on Buzzy.

OOC: The last loot update (page 22) says he still has a venom. You guys really need to update your sigs.

Edit: Beaten

Edited by Costy