Si-MOCs

Kaliphlin Guild: Homepage, Sign-up and Discussion

Could I just get a sneak peak of the next challenge??? Just one peak??? Seriously though, I got another inspiration but am worried about working on a free build and then wish that I had used it for the next challenge. I already have my castle project so I don't really want to add any more projects than I have to.... but this new idea is coming along well in my mind...

I say go for it....if this next challenge is anything like the last(which was a popular choice), then there should be a lot of room for creative freedom and you can probably fit your free build in to fit it.

Sadly, my free build right now is not Historica related....so I cannot make it fit. I am branching out from my staple castle builds to attempt a Legend of Korra theme. But it should be done pretty soon so that I can start on challenge 4 when it is announced.

Could I just get a sneak peak of the next challenge??? Just one peak??? Seriously though, I got another inspiration but am worried about working on a free build and then wish that I had used it for the next challenge. I already have my castle project so I don't really want to add any more projects than I have to.... but this new idea is coming along well in my mind...

I reckon go for your free build idea Mikel - don't worry too much about trying to predict the next challenge, we'll get plenty of time to get that done anyway. And we always need more free builds! :thumbup: I've got a couple planned myself, once i finish re-building this pesky motorized excavator... (gosh, technic really is a whole different ball game, isn't it?)

Got to agree with gabe, just go for it Mikel Kalores, you can always adapt it for Challenge 4 if time is tight! :thumbup:

Get some WIP photos up when they are ready!

You won't be able to guess challenge four :devil:

And no hints!

Or did I just give you a hint? :wink:

We are going to wait till voting is done - before we do another interlude then launch challenge 4.

So you have sometime for free builds!

And I still going through all the entries - and the kaliphiln ones just blow me away... Really great job!

Congratulations to gabe on the shiny new shield!

:classic:

Yes, congrats! It's very nice. I really like the black falcon emblem. These tag things are a bit mysterious; they seem to come and go at the whims of the moderators I suppose. I guess this one is given for his excellent GoH MOCs, but why Black Falcon as opposed to Lion, Dragon, etc.? And I have no idea how I got the Lion shield on mine, but it's been there for a while (and I'm certainly not complaining about it!). I used to have an artist's palette on mine in the fall and winter, probably because of my mapmaking, but it disappeared about a month ago. Maybe someone was trying to tell me to start making more maps! Robuko, what's yours for?

:classic:

Cheers! I'm pretty chuffed with it actually, it looks great. :grin:

Yes, congrats! It's very nice. I really like the black falcon emblem. These tag things are a bit mysterious; they seem to come and go at the whims of the moderators I suppose. I guess this one is given for his excellent GoH MOCs, but why Black Falcon as opposed to Lion, Dragon, etc.? And I have no idea how I got the Lion shield on mine, but it's been there for a while (and I'm certainly not complaining about it!). I used to have an artist's palette on mine in the fall and winter, probably because of my mapmaking, but it disappeared about a month ago. Maybe someone was trying to tell me to start making more maps! Robuko, what's yours for?

Interesting! Yes, i remember your palette tag, i wonder why it went... As for the my shield, i was asked by ISC which one i wanted and i nominated the BF one - it seemed appropriate. :classic:

Alright! I need to build! Because at the moment I look like some lame idiot.

Not at all. I'm sure you've been attending to extremely important guild business in the middle of the desert somewhere! Perhaps you've been hanging out in Lost Vegga?

Sorry for my absence lately, I got to many college-related things to do :(

Like exams next week :angry:

Nariek Francis Nice little mini build - Very interesting use of the legs... I'll have to try that sometime...

Belle Mort? Pretty Death?

The pallette was likely (obviously) given for map making... but technically that's not a historic tag for historical forum to give out :look:

Lord DaMaximus I hope your studies go well... and it's summer now right? BUILD TIME? :excited:

I used to have an artist's palette on mine in the fall and winter, probably because of my mapmaking, but it disappeared about a month ago. Maybe someone was trying to tell me to start making more maps!

. As for the my shield, i was asked by ISC which one i wanted and i nominated the BF one - it seemed appropriate. :classic:

I never got to choose my sheild :cry_sad:

BUT ... I'm sure that anyone that sticks around till the end of GoH will recieve something special... :innocent:

Nariek Francis Nice little mini build - Very interesting use of the legs... I'll have to try that sometime...

Belle Mort? Pretty Death?

Thanks. I was actually going for Beautiful Death but that's close enough. :wink::laugh:

Now to try and build something bigger, or at least more impressive.

BUT ... I'm sure that anyone that sticks around till the end of GoH will recieve something special... :innocent:

GoH will never end ;)

The pallette was likely (obviously) given for map making... but technically that's not a historic tag for historical forum to give out :look:

Maybe that's why it disappeared. The rightful distributor of said tags discovered it had been handed out on the sly?

I never got to choose my sheild :cry_sad:

I hear ya. But I was just happy to get any shield at all.

End?! No, there's no end! As long as the giant turtle still swims through space, Historica will live on!

Seriously, what else would I do at work all day?

I'm happy about that, but... there is going to be an end to all this? oh... :cry_sad:

EDIT: how do you guys get these shields anyway?

Edited by Legonardo Davidy

Brother's and sisters!

I hear there is some scuffling with some of our neighbours to the east and the west... At this time I do not feel we need to raise our banners and go off to war. It is a regional dispute that does not involve us at the moment. I rather wait for other challenges.

I hear ya. But I was just happy to get any shield at all.

Agreed, my wolf pack was my second? Tag and I'm quite attached to it now :wub:

End?! No, there's no end! As long as the giant turtle still swims through space, Historica will live on!

I'm happy about that, but... there is going to be an end to all this? oh... :cry_sad:

"End" may be the wrong word... GoH will continue indefinitely. But the challenges will cease after we have completed this chapter of the story (as will the prizes and such). Though there's nothing to be said about writing a whole new chapter with new challenges and new and interesting plots!

And the shields are to reward outstanding achievement in the forums (Shields for Historical forum for instance). There's a thread that mentions what tags are for.

Ikr? I'm guessing though that the current guild leaders might want a break from running the show at some stage, so i imagine the transition period to new leadership will be an "end" of sorts. One of my goals is to have competed in every challenge up to that point! :thumbup:

I'm not entirely sure what the critera for a shield is, but i imagine it's something like; be active in the forums, build lots of stuff, write lots of stories etc. But it's really up to the mods. :classic:

So challenge 4 is the last challenge in this chapter, and if a new chapter was started it would be at a later (or earlier) timeframe in Historica?

Sad to hear challenge 4 is the last one for now :cry_sad: But I can see why, especially after looking in the Historica MOC index; each challenge has had considerably less participants than the previous one.

Brother's and sisters!

I hear there is some scuffling with some of our neighbours to the east and the west... At this time I do not feel we need to raise our banners and go off to war. It is a regional dispute that does not involve us at the moment. I rather wait for other challenges.

Gosh, just wandered over to the other guild's threads and saw Yvonnel's (Angeli) bounty on Lord Ssiyyrrlith's head! :look: And now it seems that significant portions of Nocturnus are turning against the drow as well as Avalonia... crazy times. I agree that we don't need to weigh into this conflict just yet, but certainly we should start looking to our armies and navies and defenses - we could find ourselves drawn in soon enough!

"End" may be the wrong word... GoH will continue indefinitely. But the challenges will cease after we have completed this chapter of the story (as will the prizes and such). Though there's nothing to be said about writing a whole new chapter with new challenges and new and interesting plots!

Is this true that there is only one more challenge to go? Aw... :sad: Still, looking on the bright side - that means more time for free building! :wink:

Edited by gabe

Whoa slow down everyone...

I never said challenge 4 would be the end. I just said when we got to the end.

That could be challenge 4 or 5 or 6 or 99! Note I never said that challenge 3 wasn't the end. Who knows*?

*some people may know :tongue:

--

Yes let's watch what happens to our friends east and west of us... But I agree with Tower Master, we should prepare ourselves... These tidings of battling could spread. We must be ready. Let us not forget out towers which we had built to watch over our lands in times of strife. And my dwarven bones feels something is amiss...

Whoa slow down everyone...

I never said challenge 4 would be the end.

Probably the drow again :tongue:

Ah :sweet: Thanks for the clarification :classic:

I was getting all worried over nothing :blush:

Nothing to worry about :wink: I still have enough idea's. As have others! :classic:

Edited by Ecclesiastes

Seems like a bunch of macho trash-talking. Those newcomer Avalonians have no sense of history, stirring up trouble to prove how tough they are... Oh well, I say we beef up our defences, and stay clear of the trouble for now. Personally, I've always found the Drow to be good trading partners, if a bit odd. They certainly pay good prices. Unfortunately, you can't really trust them, but they do respect overwhelming force.

Great! I definitely will participate past the 1 year anniversary.

Ikr? I'm guessing though that the current guild leaders might want a break from running the show at some stage, so i imagine the transition period to new leadership will be an "end" of sorts. One of my goals is to have competed in every challenge up to that point! :thumbup:

Yes, me too.

I'm not entirely sure what the critera for a shield is, but i imagine it's something like; be active in the forums, build lots of stuff, write lots of stories etc. But it's really up to the mods. :classic:

Probably the biggest criteria are: 1) don't ask for a shield, and 2) don't piss anyone off! :wink:

Gosh, just wandered over to the other guild's threads and saw Yvonnel's (Angeli) bounty on Lord Ssiyyrrlith's head! :look: And now it seems that significant portions of Nocturnus are turning against the drow as well as Avalonia... crazy times. I agree that we don't need to weigh into this conflict just yet, but certainly we should start looking to our armies and navies and defenses - we could find ourselves drawn in soon enough!

Yes let's watch what happens to our friends east and west of us... But I agree with Tower Master, we should prepare ourselves... These tidings of battling could spread. We must be ready. Let us not forget out towers which we had built to watch over our lands in times of strife.

I agree, perhaps it's time for some military-oriented free builds to beef up our defences. I could use some experience building some ships. Plus I know that our foundries at Mt Erezhi have been making a fortune recently selling large shipments of arms to some undisclosed buyers (that could be another MOC, my own 'Orc Forge')... If the Drow and the flower-and-tree crowd want to kill each other, we're happy to take their gold!

And my dwarven bones feels something is amiss...

Personally, I suspect that something has happened after the recovery of the crystals. I have my suspicions about exactly what. My team reported to me that they think the Drow were watching them during all their adventures. Let's just say I'm not sure all the crystals made it safely back to the High King...