noticed some new ones but I think one is missing a neutral? (like this :|)

:def_shrug:

:classic:

:sceptic:

:shrug_oh_well:

All of those seem neutral to me, depending on the context. I usually don't use emotes when I'm trying to give a neutral tone.

:sceptic: <-- this is spelled wrong it should be :skeptic: :tongue:

Are you sure about that?

sceptic archaic and US, skeptic [ˈskɛptɪk]

n

1. (Philosophy) a person who habitually doubts the authenticity of accepted beliefs

2. a person who mistrusts people, ideas, etc., in general

3. (Philosophy) a person who doubts the truth of religion, esp Christianity

adj

(Philosophy) of or relating to sceptics; sceptical

[from Latin scepticus, from Greek skeptikos one who reflects upon, from skeptesthai to consider]

scepticism archaic and US, skepticism n

Huh, I guess you're right. It seems Firefox's spell check is flawed. I always spelled it with a k anyways.

Huh, I guess you're right. It seems Firefox's spell check is flawed. I always spelled it with a k anyways.

The spelling with the K is also acceptable, it depends on the Language and probably the area as well, since even within the same countries, sometimes things are spelled differently.

Sorry to bump, but I couldn't find another emoticon thread.

Perhaps a :mindblown: emoticon could be made. A combination of :oh: and :damn:. Used for briliant MOCs.

Variations could be:

:wub_mindblown:

:drool_mindblown:

Edited by LEGOman273

Sorry to bump, but I couldn't find another emoticon thread.

Perhaps a :mindblown: emoticon could be made. A combination of :oh: and :damn:. Used for briliant MOCs.

Variations could be:

:wub_mindblown:

:drool_mindblown:

Or maybe you could express your admiration of outstanding MOCs with, you know, words.

Is their a complete list of these some where? I think it would help us using the mobile version.

I second the question, though the help topic would have been a better alternative to bumping, I think.

Is their a complete list of these some where? I think it would help us using the mobile version.

This list is available as a popup when you click the emoticon icon in the reply box and click "show all".

I second the question, though the help topic would have been a better alternative to bumping, I think.

Well their is a pinned topic and their is a link to this topic. So I figured it would be more appropriate to ask the pacific question here.

This list is available as a popup when you click the emoticon icon in the reply box and click "show all".

Thanks for the link. I think it will help those using the mobile version. (Personally I do not want to be switching back and the two versions if the site. I am just going to wright them down.)

Actually, is it possible we could add some more emoticons? The designs of the current ones are fine but over the years I've made some that express emotions that aren't in the current list. Some are current but without eyebrows, more, more..

qnCjJFM.png9089q3J.pngv8RdvCX.png19LL14Z.gifpbAvtgp.pngrWouvUK.png

Edited by CM4Sci

Actually, is it possible we could add some more emoticons? The designs of the current ones are fine but over the years I've made some that express emotions that aren't in the current list. Some are current but without eyebrows, more, more..

Nice emoticons. We also need one with the S15 Clumsy Guy face

They look great, they should definitely be added too the official ones. 9089q3J.png Edited by BrickCurve

I'd like to see some Classic Space inspired one, similar to the Pirates smiley's we already have.

Or at least a Benny Smiley. cssmiley.gif

Any updates on this, mods? I'd love to be the emote-maker guy. :classic:

That is my job, so no. You can stop now. Thanks.

pbAvtgp.png:look: must there only be one emote maker?

The more the merrier right?

Cm4sci could be Hinckley's apprentice :wink:

Or not tis just a suggestion.

name='AgentKallus of Hydra' timestamp='1473463696' post='2654692'][/b]

pbAvtgp.png:look: must there only be one emote maker?

Yes.

name='AgentKallus of Hydra' timestamp='1473463696' post='2654692'][/b]

The more the merrier right?

Cm4sci could be Hinckley's apprentice :wink:

Or not tis just a suggestion.

No.

...Alright? Sorry for asking.

I don't believe you asked. You just started making and then expected someone to upload them. That's not how you ask. If you were to ask, I'd have said "No thank you. We have it under control."

You don't come into a community and just start doing whatever you want and think you'll get your way just because. That's not how things work. Sorry.

Sarcasm.gif

Yeah, you can't just stroll into a place and after 5 years of contribution, start asking to help make changes!

That's not how the world works, CM4Sci.

Sarcasm.gif

Yeah, you can't just stroll into a place and after 5 years of contribution, start asking to help make changes!

That's not how the world works, CM4Sci.

Excuse me. What does any member's contributions have to do with have a right to contribute graphics? The staff has their jobs and they make their contributions and each one of us volunteers our time to do it. If someone came into your workplace and started doing your job and expected their work to be implemented over yours, I'm sure you'd hold up your little sarcasm sign.

If you want to continue to press the issue, I will tell you exactly what you can do with your sense of entitlement.

If you guys want to request emoticons, feel free. But I (with the advice of the staff) will decide what new emoticons need to be added. I'm not going to make one for every whim people have. If there's overwhelming support for one and we don't agree, I would likely give in. But, you may think it's just a fun little game but I've put a lot of work into the graphics here and keeping the site branded. I use it for my portfolio and as an example for potential clients of my web design work. A bunch of emoticons in different styles doesn't look professional. And a ton of emoticons to choose from might sound like fun but if there's pages and pages of them, they won't be used and might even turn people off of searching for new ones. It's sloppy and I'm not going to let the emoticons get out of control. This is how it is until I resign from my volunteer staff position.

Do I need to explain this to people? Not really, but here I am because people think they should get their way over me for some reason. I feel I've earned my right to dictate how the graphics for the site have run. I won't get into CM4Sci's amazing contributions to our site but I may have had a hand in making it what it is today, too. Nobody else on the site can have members come in and try to do their job for them. Notice how the staff gets annoyed when people mini–mod? That annoyance may also be because it causes confusion and if everyone did it we would have a mess of Guidelines that weren't communicated properly, but it's the closest thing I can think of to compare it to when someone makes emoticons, banners, graphics, etc and just expects them to be integrated into my site design.

Maybe we'll have a contest where a prize is designing one single emoticon or contest poster, maybe. There won't be any banners designed by anyone but me, though, so there. :tongue: But don't give me an attitude, rollermonkey and whoever else has a bug up their craw about this, because I don't want or need the help and I didn't ask for it. Now you all know, it's not welcome. It's my job and I will take care of it.

Not to mention, (which is a phrase that makes little sense since I will be mentioning it right after I say that) the emoticons CM4Sci designed are very close to ones that already exist. The sunglasses one doesn't, but it did and I'm not sure what happened to it. I think I retired it when one of our former staff left to work for LEGO. I'll look for it and see if I can add it back in.