cavegod

Ultimate Collectors Scale All Terrain Armoured Transport

I would totally try to build my own if somebody invested the time for instructions and a parts-list. I saw it before, and it always unleashes this little bit neckhair standing up, due to pure awesomeness.

And to cusoo: Why not? Lego's designers have been inspired by MOC's a couple of times in the past, be it the Imperial Shuttle, the Super Star Destoyer or even Obi Wans UCS Fighter. So why not give a shot at this awesome AT-AT, if the fan-base signals a need for it?

You have got my vote cavegod, keep on brickin'!

Cheers,

C*

...So why not give a shot at this awesome AT-AT, if the fan-base signals a need for it?

Oh boy! I will sure as hell signal my need for this!!! If TLG can't match the quality of CG's AT AT then I'd be grief stricken. An Imperial Walker has always seemed to me the next best candidate for the 10179 treatment... :wub_drool:

Well done! now can a mod merge this thread please?

Will do, stand by! :classic:

And done.

That is a very impressive scale. I was pleased with the most recent Lego AT-AT, but this blows that out of the water. As much as I like the AT-AT, I doubt I would ever buy a UCS version just due to cost. I want to get my hands on the signifcantly smaller released version.

But congrats on the build. It is very impressive.

That is a very impressive scale. I was pleased with the most recent Lego AT-AT, but this blows that out of the water. As much as I like the AT-AT, I doubt I would ever buy a UCS version just due to cost. I want to get my hands on the signifcantly smaller released version.

But congrats on the build. It is very impressive.

This highlights the problem with Cuusoo, unless all the AFOL's who buy lego are on Cuusoo, then to get 10,000 votes is very unlikely and hence why so far the only projects to reach 10k are fan based.

I have removed my UCS 74-z and ILC, RAS from Cuusoo and am contemplating removing the AT-AT.

I have it built in LDD and could easily build it in MLCAD and generate building instructions etc as Anio has done.

Stunning work Cavegod, I just love the new photo of it :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

Regarding the question of cost, I did a couple of calculations. This is really 'bucket' chemistry (especially the estimate of inflation/cost of plastic) but it might give a rough idea of what it could be:

UCS Falcon, relased 2007, cost £350, net weight 6,298g so:

Price estimate by weight:

Falcon £350 / 6,298g = £0.055573/g x 7,516g = £417.69 (plus inflation @ 30%) = £542.99

Price estimate by parts:

Falcon £350 / 5,195 = 0.06737/part x 6,000 = $404.23 (plus inflation @ 30%) = £525.50

Yes, I know I really should get out more!!

Is there any possibility at all that you could make the LDD-file downloadable? :blush:

I would really like to check it out and study how you built it, and perhaps start to gather parts to build my own.

I'm really really impressed with the design and the size!

Regards,

/haberg

Hi cavegod its me TK422. Again that AT-AT is so amazing you really should make the LDD file available if possible. I agree with the others on here. I attemped to start on mine awhile back in LDD modeling it after yours but back then they had a pathetic selection of pieces to choose from, so I just gave up. Today in 2012 it is finally possible to build the whole thing. I am so glad they expanded their parts inventory. I am proud to say I have built all four legs and feet and the drive motors under the belly, thanks to you generously adding pictures. Can you please tell me in order from back to front what size plates you used that the drive motors are placed upon. Example 6x16,2x16 etc. Also it would be great to see the AT-AT's skeleton from different angles in high quality resolution. I am not very good at technic side building. Please bare with me if I have more questions in the near future. Thank You I really would like to build this.

Hi All,

Once the person who has the LDD files builds their At-AT and are able to do so fom the files then i will make them public.

Pete

Hi All,

Once the person who has the LDD files builds their At-AT and are able to do so fom the files then i will make them public.

Pete

Cool!! I stumbled upon your AT-AT yesterday, not knowing there is a topic about it, here on EB (I mostly check the Technic forum). It's probably the best Star Wars MOC I have seen. I have to admit that I am a big AT-AT fan.

I would really like to get my hands on the LDD file or instructions (I would even like to donate for the trouble). Being able to build this beast would be awesome!!

Did you use many rare parts? Having the Millennium Falcon and Super Star Destroyer will be of great help I guess?

Cool!! I stumbled upon your AT-AT yesterday, not knowing there is a topic about it, here on EB (I mostly check the Technic forum). It's probably the best Star Wars MOC I have seen. I have to admit that I am a big AT-AT fan.

I would really like to get my hands on the LDD file or instructions (I would even like to donate for the trouble). Being able to build this beast would be awesome!!

Did you use many rare parts? Having the Millennium Falcon and Super Star Destroyer will be of great help I guess?

I don't think there are any rare parts, maybe the printed dishes but everything else is standard. Yes those sets will help to some extent but would you really want to raid them?

I don't think there are any rare parts, maybe the printed dishes but everything else is standard. Yes those sets will help to some extent but would you really want to raid them?

I figured the dishes would be an issue. However, blank ones would suffice, I guess.

Actually, I am more of a collector and builder, than an exhibitor. So I wouldn't mind breaking up the models. I always break down models after building. I am still collecting all the separate parts for my Millennium Falcon, since I never bought the set (yes I do regret it).

Tomorrow I will be flying to NYC, hoping to pick up the Super Star Destroyer and/or R2-D2.

Slightly off-topic; do you know whether they sell UCS models in the Lego Stores on Manhattan? Rockefeller Center for example?

Again, I can not express how happy I would be, being able to build your fantastic Star Wars model. Seeing it yesterday on Gimmelego already made my jaw drop, but I never reckoned I might be able to build one myself. Thumbs up default_thumbup.gif

I presume they would sell th eUCS sets in the Lego stores although having never been to the US I wouldn't know for sure.

I presume they would sell th eUCS sets in the Lego stores although having never been to the US I wouldn't know for sure.

Well, I'll find out soon enough default_satisfied.gif

In the meantime, I have ordered some of those dishes. Just to be on the safe side :wink:

This is really awesome! I love your models :classic:

Cheers thire5, I love your Terminator and Arc-170

I wonder what method was. Used to make this model to scale. I don't doubt that it is but all things consideredit could be off be a bit.Other than that this is a great model.

I wonder what method was. Used to make this model to scale. I don't doubt that it is but all things consideredit could be off be a bit.Other than that this is a great model.

I used a ruler, calculator and a decent picture plus artistic licence :tongue:

I know I probably should be patient, but is there any news on the part list? Or maybe even on the LDD file :wink:

yep i have them :wink:

The part list you have. Be patient I must!

I seem to have developed a severe form of insomnia since I read this topic :wink:

Edited by Gekke Ted

On the "head mounted front lasers" you use some sort of Technic Rotation Joint Ball (on the 8 x 8 dish), but I can't seem to find the right one. Which part is it and do you have a bricklink reference?

Edited by Gekke Ted