Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

Steampunk Mafia Day Five

Players only please!

001.jpg

To everyone's horror and delight, the setting sun reveals that Jane Phoebe Barnell (JimButcher) is, in fact, Prince Nathaniel Kienan Colsh. Ooops...

002.jpg

Everyone looks around silently, bum-puzzled and bewildered, some masking sheer glee.

003.jpg

As night falls, King Finnerty D. Colsh goes for a midnight bike ride, handing out freshly baked muffins to the people he likes. Officer Bumble looks somewhat confused but likes muffins anyway.

004.jpg

Officer Dumble decides to make a run for it. He's crunched some numbers and doesn't like the Royal Court's odds. He dons a parachute and heads for the side rail of the ship.

005.jpg

What he doesn't notice is Kerkong, sneaking up behind him and grabbing the parachute right before he jumps. Officer Dumble looks for his rip-cord but can't find it.

006.jpg

"But I'm not Royal Family!" Officer Dumble shouts as Kerkong and Eregor watch him fall to his death.

Officer Dumble continues shouting as he falls. Kerkong and Eregor laugh as they can't believe what Officer Dumble tells them in his death shouts.

"That's why they call him Dumble!" Kerkong laughs.

007.jpg

"Hey!" The King shouts.

Kerkong and Eregor freeze as they've been caught red-handed by the King himself!

"You killed my wife so you get the burnt muffin!" The King scolds them.

008.jpg

As the King bikes off, Kerkong turns to Eregor.

"Does that mean something?" Kerkong asks, "Or is it just jokes?"

Honk! Honk!

009.jpg

Using the distraction of the funny jester, the King runs around and kicks Eregor in the butt.

010.jpg

Just before morning Lord Hildebrand Weaselton confronts Lady Eleanor Quin Fry who is sneaking around the deck with her wand drawn.

"No helping!" Lord Weaselton cries, "The spells were set in motion from the beginning and the magic is too strong to alter."

011.jpg

In the morning, the crew is missing Faizon Garzi (Fugazi) (and his wiener) who was clearly the alter ego of Officer Dumble. Only six people remain and nobody seems to be able to pilot the ship.

Day Five has begun. You may not vote in the first 24 hours.

Alter Egos

bess_bulton.jpg

Bess Bulton,

assumed by Bob

charles_pleasance.jpg

Charles Pleasance,

assumed by CallMePieOrDie

clemence_blanchfield.jpg

Clemence Blanchfield,

assumed by Cecilie

cuthber_neal_memlow.jpg

Cuthber Neal Memlow,

assumed by Cornelius Murdock

polly_altamont.jpg

Polly Altamont,

assumed by Pandora

zerard_wolfe.jpg

Zerard Wolfe,

assumed by Zepher

The Deceased

ruben_castleton.jpgae_barag.jpg

Ruben Castleton, / Barag

assumed by Rick, convicted on Day Two.

darberis_gibbon.jpgae_queen_vivian_coulahan_colsh.jpg

Darberis Gibbon, / Queen Vivian Coulahan Colsh

assumed by Dragonator, murdered on Night Two. 1/3

meahon_doughal.jpgae_lady_lotus_chen.jpg

Meahon Doughal, / Lady Lotus Chen

assumed by MetroiD, convicted on Day Three.

shanalon_dairne.jpgae_levi_gunnin.jpg

Shanalon Dairne, / Lord Levi Gunnin

assumed by Shadows, murdered on Night Three.

jane_phoebe_barnell.jpgae_prince_nathaniel_kienan_colsh.jpg

Jane Phoebe Barnell, / Prince Nathaniel Kienan Colsh

assumed by JimButcher, lynched on Day Four. 2/3

fairon_garzi.jpgae_dumble.jpg

Fairon Garzi, / Officer Dumble

assumed by Fugazi, murdered on Night Four.

Role PM format:

Character: image

Name

Alter Ego: image

Name

Affiliation: Royal Court or Kensmy Assassins

Night Action: Everyone has one and they're named inconsistently. Some are movie titles, some are random combos of letters and numbers. Some are named wrong, like a vigilante who's action is actually tracker, etc. So, let the odd role-claiming begin. This is all being laid out so that nobody can attempt to use the structure of the role PM or game to their advantage. All the Town PMs contain the text "but don’t let anyone know because they’re looking for the King and the royal family. If they kill them, they win. Are you a good decoy?"

You win when all the Kensmy Clan Assassins are killed.

or

You win when your team kills the three members of the Royal Family: King Finnerty D. Colsh, Queen Vivian Coulahan Colsh and Prince Nathaniel Kieanan Colsh.

Best of luck! :thumbup:

The Rules:

1. Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the Royal Court or the Kensmy Assassins. To win the game, the Royal Court must kill off all the Kensmy Assassins, while the Kensmy Assassins need only to kill the members of the Royal Family: King Finnerty D. Colsh, Queen Vivian Coulahan Colsh and Prince Nathaniel Kieanan Colsh. Any third party player will have win conditions that are detailed in their role PM...
  2. Each day you will be able to vote to lynch a player. Voting should be done in the following format; Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Character (Player). No other format will be accepted. You may also proxy your vote to another player, using this format; proxy: Character (Player). Naturally, unproxying a vote is also possible. The player with the most votes is lynched. In the case of a tie, there will be no lynch.
  3. A game day will last a maximum of 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. The day will not end when a majority vote has been reached. If there is time left, a majority vote can be over-turned. After the day has concluded, a night stage will commence, which will last a maximum of 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 24 hours of the night stage, or they will not be accepted, no exceptions.
  4. The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day.
  5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to you by the game host via PM. This includes all the details and pictures of your character and role, as well as any night action results. As such, claiming your alter ego is also a violation of this rule. Claiming to be a member of the Royal Family does not violate that as that is part of role-claiming. Saying you're the King, Queen or Prince is allowed. Saying you're Barag (or whatever alter ego) is not. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage. (Due to the concept role-claiming should be done with great caution. Another reason the roles have all been laid out is because verification by role-claiming is incredibly hard and extremely risky for the Town.)
  6. Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.
  7. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on.
  8. If you are converted, you must accept your new affiliation. If it's proven that you gave up your new team after conversion, the whole game will be null and you will most likely not to be asked to play one of my games again.
  9. You may not edit your posts.
  10. You must post in every day thread.
  11. If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact the host via PM. Please please please use only the confirmation PM I sent you to communicate with me. All new conversations regarding the game will be deleted.
  12. Violation of the above rules will result in automatic death.

Well, we're ducked. If you know what I mean. :wink:

Voting records will do very little - the vote was unanimous, and the Kemsey can't have known that they were lynching the prince... Polly is the only person that we have ANYTHING on right now. Does it seem to be the right time to test if our dearly departed prince was barking up the right tree?

So that's the answer to the question. The question being of course, "How bad could this possibly go for us?" Terrible.

How could we have voted out the Prince?!

We have to find the scum today or we're pretty much screwed.

My shorts are itchy.

I have a plan. Seriously, a really ridiculous plan, but a plan. All cards on the table. If you catch my drift. :wink:

Let's all publish all our night actions and targets up to this point. The Kemsey are so close to a win, it won't matter. And if we all tell the truth, the only people lying will be the Kemsey. And the more lies they tell, the easier they'll be to catch. We all know that everyone has an action, so publishing them shouldn't give any sort of indication of who is who. The Kemseys will be caught if we do this. I really believe that. It's unconventional, but it's an option. And we have nothing else.

What do you all think?

Ah nuts... We made a terrible mistake yesterday :cry_sad:. Now they have the advantage, as with a lucky kill they could win the next night :hmpf_bad:. We need to lynch a scum today!

WAIT! Even better, send them to me! In PM. And I'll publish them here.

You can check them then. And confirm that they are true. But I'll only publish them once they're all in. That way the Kemsey's stories will be the ones that clearly don't make sense. The other ones will all be honest, and so will fit together properly. The Kemsey have been killing. They can't admit to that, so they'll make up actions. And those actions will be transparent when they don't give with our actions. Please, please, consider this option. PLEASE.

So you want us to tell you what night actions we've had? It's not all that different than telling everyone our real identity, is it? I think most of us realize our actions are based on them.

There are two scum left. All they need to do is kill the king. Even if we lynched one today, there'd still be one left to kill the King tonight. So you want us to reveal the king so the final scum can know who to kill? Not a very good plan.

No, think about it. It's not a bad plan at all. The actions are not linked to the true identity at all... it even says so in the rules... I don't think God plays that way. :wink:

1) Everyone PMs me their honest night actions.

2) The Royals will tell the truth. The Kemsey will have to lie, because they can't say they were killing.

3) I publish all of them. I cannot tamper with them because you (personally, as you sent them to me) will know if they're tampered with.

4) All the actions will seem to fit together, except the killer's, because they will have to make up actions.

Tell me a better plan. I really really honestly think this will work.

Uhm, sure you're not sounding a bit like a scum desperate to figure out who the King is there Zerard? We know our actions are tied to our alter-egos, do you really want to hand the King to the scum like that? Or are you the scum yourself, trying to find the King quickly so you can get this over with? :hmpf_bad:

Further more, what else do we have to go on? The Kemsey are 2 of the 6 of us. Lynching someone at random is essentially a loss at this point unless they happen to be the Kemsey.

And don't point fingers at me. The one way that we win this is catching a scum today in a lynch. The scum win literally every other way. I don't think they're going to be playing an outrageous game all of a sudden.

Give me anything else to go on. Literally anything else.

I'm not pretending it's not extreme. It is. But we lose if they don't lose a member to a lynch today. So we need something that actually gives us a shot at this point.

And while I'm throwing out ridiculous theories: If there is still a blocker out there, your results are particularly important. Please come forward with who you blocked the second night. That person is (almost) assuredly a Kemsey assassin. There is no need for protection of our actions at this point. We are in that kind of bind at this point.

Damn it, damn it. :wall: Polly, you cross-eyed bitch, you're freaking dead today. No questions, ifs, ands, or either of Cuthber's butts, which he really should cover up...I don't have a clue what to say. We completely and totally screwed up yesterday. :ugh: :ugh: :ugh:

It's out of the question at this point to lynch anyone but Polly today, I would think. That means the fate of everyone here is entirely dependent on actions tonight.

Zerard, I don't think it would be smart in the slightest to send every action to one person. What if you're an assassin? You could get in everyone's PM and you and your green-assed buddy could forge your actions to meld right with the rest of ours. Unfortunately, posting it here poses the same problem. I'm as utterly deflated with the situation as you are, but think about what you're saying. :sceptic:

Please come forward with who you blocked the second night. That person is (almost) assuredly a Kemsey assassin.

Wait, what? How do you make that out? :wacko: Wasn't there a successful kill that night?

I'm sorry, you're correct. First night... it was revealed during the second day. Regardless, if we've lucky enough to have that person still floating around, their information would be valuable right around now...

megabluck this ship. Sorry, I had to get it out of my system.

I'm sorry, you're correct. First night... it was revealed during the second day. Regardless, if we've lucky enough to have that person still floating around, their information would be valuable right around now...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Barag blocked on night one? That's how Shanalon knew he was an assassin, unless I'm wrong.

I cannot believe Jane was our Prince. :facepalm: Maybe if he/she hadn't been so fixated on me we wouldn't be in this mess.

I'm sorry that we lynched Jane, but all I did was present the information I had, and she didn't defend herself. I am responsible for my vote and my vote only; I presented the facts, and you each decided to vote for Jane instead of me.

I have been under scrutiny for a long time now and I've already made my actions public. There are plenty of other people here who haven't been scrutinised nearly enough and we need to get this right today.

And while I'm throwing out ridiculous theories: If there is still a blocker out there, your results are particularly important. Please come forward with who you blocked the second night. That person is (almost) assuredly a Kemsey assassin. There is no need for protection of our actions at this point. We are in that kind of bind at this point.

Polly came forward yesterday and said she blocked Jane the first night. Pretty much why I voted against Jane.

No one disputed the fact yesterday so I doubt anyone will come forward today. In fact it'd be suspicious if they did when doing so might have saved the Prince yesterday.

In any case, there is still plenty of need to protect our actions when we're on the razor's edge here. If there was some reason to trust you, your plan might have a slight chance of working. But unfortunately there's no one left that I'd be comfortable entrusting such information to.

You're right. We are not in as much trouble as I thought at the beginning of the day, and it seems that Polly is a decided lynch. I apologize for panicking, but we must be 100% certain with the Polly lynch. If we kill a royal today, court of family, and another is killed in the night, again court or family, we have lost the game.

I'm not trusting one word she says. She can scream she's the king and she's still getting my vote. Yesterday was a very successful last-ditch effort to get rid of a townie. The least we can do to amend the prince's death is get rid of this scum.

012.jpg

"This is boring," Someone says.

"I'm itching to place a vote!" Someone else says.

"Should we tell jokes in the mean time?" Someone offers.

"No jokes!" Charles Pleasance says.

"Maybe we could put on a play." Someone else offers.

"Please, Jesus, no plays!" Charles cries.

"Someone should check the old man's pulse here," Clemence Blanchfield says.

Cuthber Neal Memlow starts snoring...

Voting is now open. You have 48 hours to reach a conviction. The person with the most votes will be lynched. A cute little joke scene will be posted shortly. :grin:

No time for jokes today. Vote: Polly Altamont (Pandora).

No time for jokes today. Vote: Polly Altamont (Pandora).

No time for presenting evidence either, eh? I thought the "if so and so is town than so and so is scum" argument was stupid yesterday and I still think it is today. Just because they accused one another doesn't mean it's one or the other. Your logic's skipped the track there, Charles.

Someone's rubbed me the wrong way all day. He acts like he's helping town but want he wants doesn't seem very townie to me. Zerard basically wanted everyone tell him who we were. He can pretend all he wants to that the actions have nothing to do with the identities but it doesn't make it true. And why should we trust him? Because he came up with the flawed plan? I find his behavior today too scummy to tolerate with the fishing for info in both public and private.

He thinks he can get the King to reveal himself, but he's sorely mistaken.

Vote: Zerard Wolfe (Zepher)

Don't you see how Polly is an assassin though? There's two strikes against her.

She has claimed protector, and was in contact with Meahon. The evidence against Meahon was that he claimed to be in contact with the protector, but when Shanonlon asked someone to come forward as a protector, no one did, and Meahon was lynched. Why did Polly not come forward then? Because she didn't want to be looked into by Shanalon, who had an investigative ability. Bear in mind that Shanalon had led the lynch of an assassin at this point, and everyone had essentially put their trust in her(him). Not only that, Polly DID contact Shanalon saying that she trusted him, but did not protect Meahon.

The alternative to all this is that Meahon was the protector he claimed to "be in contact with". That pokes just as many holes in Polly's story, and justifies why Shanalon thought that Polly must be an assassin if Meahon was innocent. Jane told us that Shanalon said that, remember.

Vote: Polly (Pandora)

No time for presenting evidence either, eh? I thought the "if so and so is town than so and so is scum" argument was stupid yesterday and I still think it is today. Just because they accused one another doesn't mean it's one or the other. Your logic's skipped the track there, Charles.

Let's see. Meahon vs Polly, Meahon came up town, he wanted lynch Polly. Jane vs Polly, Jane came up town, she wanted to lynch Polly. Polly claims blocker role that suddenly can't be used anymore and uses it as evidence to point to Jane. 'Oh, well, sorry, it was your vote to place where you wanted'. Jane openly allowed voting for her if she was wrong. Polly is spitting crap trying to keep herself alive one more day. I want the green bitch out today. Twice she's been accused by townies, three if you count Shanalon, supposedly, and what was obviously a total drag-me-down-with-you moment yesterday you're somehow blowing over. :sceptic:

But I have to share your views on Zerard, though I think it's out of overeagerness than scumminess. And for the last time, Polly didn't claim protector. :hmpf: I read back, and you drew that from Shanalon, another lynch-me-if-I'm-wrong townie, saying Polly was confirmed scum. That in itself though, is a flag redder than Cuthber's megablocks.

You're either not paying attention or just trying to manipulate those who aren't. Since this fact has been pointed out to you before, I'm inclined to think the latter.

Polly didn't claim protector, she claimed blocker. I don't see how her claim has anything to do with what Meahon said. Meahon dug his own grave. I do think he was the protector. If he hadn't acted so weird, he might have had a chance.

Jane was never given any reason for Shanana's distrust. For all we know it was based on a gut feeling. Just because Shanana was a royalist doesn't mean she was right 100% of the time. If she really had evidence on Polly, you'd think she'd have had the foresight to actually tell someone what it was. If she was so sure, why wouldn't she?

You're trying to argue your way out by molding the facts to fit whatever you want it to.