Sign in to follow this  
Vindicare

Appreciation

To everyone here who makes the MOCs, makes the reviews, takes all the great pictures. I just want to say thank you. I don't intend for this to be a poor me, so please don't look at it this way. I just wanted to say this for awhile now...but wasn't sure it'd be appropriate. I'm taking a stab at it, though. The last few years I've been pretty depressed. My health has been in the garbage for the last six years. The only thing(s) keeping me afloat has been LEGO and the members of this site. I enjoy everything mentioned above and then some. There really is some great and funny members here. I spend the majority of my days here and it's really the only thing I look forward to...so...this is my thanks to all of you who keep this site alive, whether it be the ones in charge who keep it running. Or the ones making the content that we all enjoy. And, of course, above all else, thanks to the LEGO Company for all the great products you put out that we all eat up. :cry_happy:

I'll give a word of thanks too.

Thank you guys all so much. You've already pushed me to become a better builder, be it through raising the bar with your fantastic MOCs, or with your constructive advice, or the opinions you share in all discussions. It's helped me a lot. And EB is a huge source of fun for me, I'm enjoying every second here.

Thanks to the people who keep it going, and to all the members who keep it alive. You guys are the best!

I completely agree! I also got back into Lego as a way to keep busy and take my mind of severe depression, and it's done wonders for me. Seeing the amazing creations people on here show has inspired me and given me a level of skill to aim for.

Thank you all!

When asked, “Why do you do it? I mean you risk your life everyday? Why?”

The reply is simple, “For the nod.”

Life is all about the nod. If you pour yourself into something everyday all you need is one person once in a while to just give the nod, and say thanks for what you do.

To the nod. Cheers. :thumbup:

Edited by Rook

Thank you, 'Legocrazy81'! :sweet: I barely make MOCs, reviews, and I barely take pictures, though. :grin:

Seriously though, appreciation is a strong thing. This is why I post an appreciative comment on most of the reviews I read. A small bit of appreciation can go far. :thumbup:

Edited by just2good

Congratulations, EB, for being "The place to be!" :laugh:

Thank you, 'Legocrazy81'! :sweet: I barely make MOCs, reviews, and I barely take pictures, though. :grin:

Seriously though, appreciation is a strong thing. This is why I post an appreciative comment on most of the reviews I read. A small bit of appreciation can go far. :thumbup:

I whole heartedly agree with what you said. On MOCs I like or good reviews, I always don't have something to say or new to add, so in a sense my(and in other cases, I'm sure)the appreciation goes unnoticed. I suppose that was part of my inspiration to make this thread.