El Bucanero

Pirate MOC Indices Discussion

Very nice Mr. Phred, you started an Index for Custom Cannons.

Does this mean that I better remove the cannons/cannonades in the "Index:Land Based MOCs" because we are having a specific Index for them? In this case I will wait until Mr. P. has completed the new index.

A general remark/question: Is it a good idea to have many pinned topics? I was considering a merge of the Index: MOC ships and Index: Land based MOCs to limit the number of pinned topics. For users that are already a long time on EB, it is no problem to find the MOCs, but for new users this gets more difficult since the MOCs are already 1 level deeper and depending on the resolution of your screen, you have to scroll down first before you see the actual discussion topics. Is there a general strategy on this Mr. Phes/Tiber? Basically (and don't that this negative please!) I think the overall structure of the Pirate forum is very bad and a real nightmare for new users! This might also be one of the reasons why not many users from the other EB-forums post here. We pirates also have a look at the other forum (at least I do), but I don't see many (except Norro) fellows, other members commenting anymore in the pirate MOC forum. By not having a clear structure, the pirate forum is isolation itself!

This would be my proposal to bring a good structure:

The first level gives only an overview of the different forums and doesn't contain any actual posts:

- (General) Pirate forum

- Pirate MOC forum: Here are all the MOCs and 1 extra forum: Pirate MOC index forum (containing the indexes, torso library,...)

- The Great Library of Honduras

- Pirate LEGO Signature & Avatar Workshop

- Governor Broadside's Administration Building

In order not to have an off-topic discussion here, I started a separate topic: The structure of the Lego pirates forum.

if it would be a simple matter of cut and paste then aye it should be merged.

if you would like the microsoft word document, pm your email and i'll email it

it is a good point to just have it all merged

also. if we want things tidy, should we merge this thread with the custom cannon thread and maybe have the subtitle changed to "Index: MOC Cannons"?

Another index... Well not bad! But what about the accesoires? I think it would be better if this was the index for accesoires instead of only the cannons. I believe there aren't that much accesoires left so a new index for those would be idiot... IMO

Although, maybe it is better to keep the custom cannons in the land based moc Index, because that would reduce the number of pinned topic, and having less pinned topics isn't such a bad idea...

if it would be a simple matter of cut and paste then aye it should be merged.

if you would like the microsoft word document, pm your email and i'll email it

it is a good point to just have it all merged

also. if we want things tidy, should we merge this thread with the custom cannon thread and maybe have the subtitle changed to "Index: MOC Cannons"?

So what shall we do?

Here are some options:

- Have 3 indexes (land based mocs, ships, cannons): then i will remove the cannons from the land based index.

- Have 2 indexes to reduce the pinned topics: ships and land based MOC (which contains the accessories and cannons). Disadvantage will be what when I add the part of Mr. P. to the landbased MOCs, then Mr. P. can no longer add more cannons in the future and has to post them in the discussion thread first. If Mr. P. would add another post to the Land based MOCs with the cannons, then he can keep that part updated but then I have a problem when one of the posts reaches 60 images. 60 images in 1 post is the maximum on the EB-forum. When this is reached in one of the first posts of an index-thread, then I just shift everything down into a new post (copy-paste job). I can do this as long that I'm the author of all posts, but once some else adds a post to the thread, I can't do that anymore (because I'm no moderator). Is this a bit understandable? Life isn't easy :-D

So what shall we do?

Here are some options:

- Have 3 indexes (land based mocs, ships, cannons): then i will remove the cannons from the land based index.

- Have 2 indexes to reduce the pinned topics: ships and land based MOC (which contains the accessories and cannons). Disadvantage will be what when I add the part of Mr. P. to the landbased MOCs, then Mr. P. can no longer add more cannons in the future and has to post them in the discussion thread first. If Mr. P. would add another post to the Land based MOCs with the cannons, then he can keep that part updated but then I have a problem when one of the posts reaches 60 images. 60 images in 1 post is the maximum on the EB-forum. When this is reached in one of the first posts of an index-thread, then I just shift everything down into a new post (copy-paste job). I can do this as long that I'm the author of all posts, but once some else adds a post to the thread, I can't do that anymore (because I'm no moderator). Is this a bit understandable? Life isn't easy :-D

I shouldn't have a problem keeping the MOC cannon index up to date if i was able to post on the land based mocs index. I thought Mr. Phes or Mr. Tiber Limited the users on the particular thread though.

I shouldn't have a problem keeping the MOC cannon index up to date if i was able to post on the land based mocs index. I thought Mr. Phes or Mr. Tiber Limited the users on the particular thread though.

You can just add a new post to the Index: Land based MOC with the cannons.

Then you can update them afterwards, but remember that you are limited to 60 images in 1 post (currently you have already 34 images). So best not to put to many links to the same library.

Once you did this, I shall remove the cannons under the accessories.

You can just add a new post to the Index: Land based MOC with the cannons.

Then you can update them afterwards, but remember that you are limited to 60 images in 1 post (currently you have already 34 images). So best not to put to many links to the same library.

Once you did this, I shall remove the cannons under the accessories.

Got it B.

I'll do it once i get home. That,s where all the updated stuff is.

Thanx,

Phred

Got it B.

I'll do it once i get home. That,s where all the updated stuff is.

Thanx,

Phred

I have added the link from the first post to the "Index: MOC cannons".

Once you have all the cannons that are currently in the accessories part of the "Index: Land based MOCs", I will remove them here (I think you still miss 1 or 2).

Can you change the font of your title (Index: MOC cannons) so it is the same as Index: Land based MOCs.

The font should be "arial narrow". Size is OK.

And please send a PM to Mr. Tiber so he can remove the original "Index: MOC cannons"-thread.

I think you cannon section add a lot of value, giving references to the discussion threads. Excellent work!

*Sigh*

Someone shoot me.

I can't believe that there is enough of an audience and collection to create a whole thread serving as an index to link other webpages to that contain custom cannon designs.

Phes, it's combined with Bonaparte's land MOCs thread.

Mr Oo7, FYI I've instructed Phred and Bonaparte to link these discussion threads threads to their respective indexes. I didn't write anything about an entire thread being dedicated to custom cannons, nor do I see a link to the Cannon Index in the first post of this thread - do you?

Now shall I get a musket?

*Sigh*

Errrr... Where is this index? I can't see to find a link to it in this thread.

Thats because this part was split-off from another topic.

Thats why it seems like I started this discussion topic...

Since by now the cannons are in the "Index: Land based MOCs", it might be best that Mr. Phred links to the discussion thread of the land based MOCs in his index and we delete or lock this discussion thread.

What do you think Mr. Phes?

First of all I'd like to know what will happen when the number of Land Based MOCs exceeds the limits of two posts - you'll have to create a third post for them so the thread will be like this:

Post 1: Land Based MOCs

Post 2: Land Based MOCs

Post 3: Custom Cannons

Post 4: Custom Cannons

Post 5: Land Based MOCs

The second thing is:

In the MOC Ship Index you've got the thumbnails in rows while in the Land Based MOCs there's just one column - is there any particular reason for this?

First of all I'd like to know what will happen when the number of Land Based MOCs exceeds the limits of two posts - you'll have to create a third post for them so the thread will be like this:

Post 1: Land Based MOCs

Post 2: Land Based MOCs

Post 3: Custom Cannons

Post 4: Custom Cannons

Post 5: Land Based MOCs

That's a problem indeed. And what you suggest is a possible solution.

But there are only about 30 image in the post 1 and 2, so there is still room for growth.

Would it be possible to request the max of 60 images/post be increased?

The second thing is:

In the MOC Ship Index you've got the thumbnails in rows while in the Land Based MOCs there's just one column - is there any particular reason for this?

In the MOC ships index, most thumbs have the same size or I adjusted them myself (by putting an image in my own BS folder). This makes it look good when the thumbs are in 1 column.

But for the Land based MOCs, there are a lot different sizes (some of the thumbs are from MOCpages).

So that's why they are still in a row and I was still thinking on what to do.

What would be your suggestion?

That's a problem indeed. And what you suggest is a possible solution.

But there are only about 30 image in the post 1 and 2, so there is still room for growth.

Would it be possible to request the max of 60 images/post be increased?

I'll look into that but I might not have an answer until this time next week.

In the MOC ships index, most thumbs have the same size or I adjusted them myself (by putting an image in my own BS folder). This makes it look good when the thumbs are in 1 column.

But for the Land based MOCs, there are a lot different sizes (some of the thumbs are from MOCpages).

So that's why they are still in a row and I was still thinking on what to do.

What would be your suggestion?

I think you've confused rows and columns. Rows run horizontally while columns run vertically.

Anyway, you could put the thumbnails in rows according to their size.

For example:

100_1506.jpg_thumb.jpgharbour_1.jpg_thumb.jpgarmada_1.jpg_thumb.jpg

Then

imga0120red.jpg_thumb.jpgimg_1709.jpg_thumb.jpgp1213918.jpg_thumb.jpg

I'll look into that but I might not have an answer until this time next week.

Take all the time you need.

I think you've confused rows and columns. Rows run horizontally while columns run vertically.

Anyway, you could put the thumbnails in rows according to their size.

For example:

100_1506.jpg_thumb.jpgharbour_1.jpg_thumb.jpgarmada_1.jpg_thumb.jpg

Then

imga0120red.jpg_thumb.jpgimg_1709.jpg_thumb.jpgp1213918.jpg_thumb.jpg

I will update the index very soon with the thumbs in rows like you suggest.

And another recommendation I have is you put a space between each thumbnail to create some separation, because I think the Ship MOC Index looks too much like a montage.

You're doing a good job however, so continue with your good work...

And another recommendation I have is you put a space between each thumbnail to create some separation, because I think the Ship MOC Index looks too much like a montage.

You're doing a good job however, so continue with your good work...

I've got an "*" between most of the thumbnails. If it doesn't have an "*", then those thumbnails go to the same BS folder.

But i'll see what i can do.

Phred

Edit: There i put a (space) then "*" then a (space) between each thumbnail.

If the is a Line under the "*", those thumbnails go to the same BS folder.

Is that better Mr. Phes?

There's a double ship in the gallery Tom... err, I mean Bonaparte... *sweet*

This one:

rotrock04.jpg_thumb.jpg

I've fixed it! Thanks for informing me Glenn, errrrr Mr. Tiber :-D

Hey I found a couple of Carronades in my Brickshelf folder so i decided to post them on here. :-D

i'll be posting them on the index as soon as i'm done with this.

I made one similar on Lego Factory 1.6 like this before:

lcadcarronad.jpg_thumb.jpg

Finally got the bricks from PaB. So I made these:

carronaderegularsteeringwheel2.jpg

carronaderegularshort.jpg

Enjoy,

P

Mr Bonaparte, the Acheron is nearly finished, and since it is in the index already, you would make me happy if you change the picture, to this:

the_acheron.jpg_thumb.jpg

I already made a thumbnail for you.

Mr Bonaparte, the Acheron is nearly finished, and since it is in the index already, you would make me happy if you change the picture, to this:

the_acheron.jpg_thumb.jpg

I already made a thumbnail for you.

Done! I have also changed the link to the folder with the latest pics.

Its added to the library Mr. Z.

Thanks for all your hardwork, maybe I would be annoying to even mention this, but I think I would prefer that the index use the picture titled 'acovenant00.jpg', I like the 3/4 shot better personally!