Sign in to follow this  
Pencil_42

MOD of 4437

indexed.gif V-LV-22E

Here's a modification of the pickup from 4437; converting it to allow Friends to drive it.

I re-did the cockpit to allow two minifigs to sit side-by-side, and covered the back in a manner similar to 4433.

6974462394_4b1db6744b_z.jpg

In addition to the opening doors, there's another play feature - the spare tire on the roof.

6974462384_be67694f5c_z.jpg

My youngest daughter had the worst luck - she would drive 1-2 car lengths, then get a flat tire. She would swap it out, drive into town to get a new tire, and the process would repeat. She must have gone through 12 different tires in the course of 15 minutes :)

I love it! Now you've gone and made me interested in that set, one I thought I was going to pass on. I also love the story about your daughter and her frequent tire changes... at least she is learning the concept. My grandfather drove for over 50 years and never knew how to change a tire, so that's great she's learning already!

That is really neat. I also was not considering that set, but this is worthwhile of an alternate model for sure. I may have to rethink that. The color scheme works great and the fact that you can fit two side by side (which I am still getting used to) is wonderful.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks, everyone!

Light bley doors would probably match the rest of the truck better, but I'm otherwise happy with it.

Curtis

Great mod! I like that you can seat two figures side by side, and the back windows work nicely. Looks like a set :thumbup:

Nice MOD, Pencil_42!

You've inspired me. I created my own copy/version from scratch using parts/colors I already had. Once I get over my noob status, I'll create a thread and share :-)

-Mike

EDIT: On second thought, I guess it would "on-topic" to post them in this thread.

Once I got to the mud guards, I realized that I don't have any of the same size as 4437... Thus, big off-road tires were not an option. I guess my version is for city driving only. Also, I plan to add doors like you did. It's still work in progress.

7173754444_6238544cdc_c.jpg

7173754492_f12dd4645d_c.jpg

7173754526_471ae939dc_c.jpg

7173754548_22d831129f_c.jpg

7173754614_c96ecc0fae_c.jpg

Edited by mikersoft

I created my own copy/version from scratch using parts/colors I already had. Once I get over my noob status, I'll create a thread and share :-)

Once I got to the mud guards, I realized that I don't have any of the same size as 4437... Thus, big off-road tires were not an option. I guess my version is for city driving only. Also, I plan to add doors like you did. It's still work in progress.

Nice truck!! Those colors work well together.

The new mud guards are great! They really open up the number of wheels that can be used with them.

Curtis