CopMike

Questions and Concerns for TLG

Greetings ambassadors! Wondering if you could pass this suggestion on to TLG

• add Paypal as an available payment option for checkout on the LEGO Shop @ Home website.

:classic:

Howdy, i've got a question.

How much do power functions parts add to the cost of sets? i was actually thinking that sets could be made cheaper, or more complex at the same price point, if they had no power functions built in , but available as an option, sort of like the mt-61 crystal reaper from a while ago.

--thanks!

Ik sincerely hope TLG will fix the issues with the cheeseslopes.

I started rebuilding my Modulars and most of the cheeseslopes have cracks. Starting from the short straight front side.

Even my Pet Shop bought in June has these issues.

Most notable on white, red, light grey parts...

I have a question and I hope that CopMike will be able to obtain an answer:

Why there aren't separate sets of carriages for the Lego Trains?

There have been such type of sets in the past, so why not release an Emerald Night carriage for instance? Even if the train itself is out of production, it's still a very good idea.

Howdy, i've got a question.

How much do power functions parts add to the cost of sets? i was actually thinking that sets could be made cheaper, or more complex at the same price point, if they had no power functions built in , but available as an option, sort of like the mt-61 crystal reaper from a while ago.

--thanks!

I'm not from LEGO or anything, but just about any electronics part is going to cost a lot more to make than normal parts. They are bigger, made from more individual parts (which also have to be assembled at the factory), and the electronics themselves are more expensive to produce than plastic. The same applies to the electronic parts in Mindstorms NXT sets, though on a larger scale due to the larger size of parts, greater complexity of the electronics, etc.

I do agree with your idea for more sets with optional PF addons, that was one of the best features of the Crystal Reaper.

Edited by brickmack

Why won't TLG come out with Classic-Pirates again?

Just a question,

Commander Law

Why won't TLG come out with Classic-Pirates again?

Who says they won't?

Currently the Pirates of the Caribbean licensed range has replaced Pirates, but it's an evergreen line, so I think there's every chance Pirates will return when the licence ends.

Who says they won't?

Currently the Pirates of the Caribbean licensed range has replaced Pirates, but it's an evergreen line, so I think there's every chance Pirates will return when the licence ends.

When does the license end?

When does the license end?

That's up to TLG and (depending on whether the contract needs to be renewed) Disney. I imagine it won't end permanently for a while, but I also think it's reasonable that non-licensed Pirates could come back in between films if TLG is confident that it will be successful.

To be honest, I would have though a classic pirate theme would be the same, if not more successful than POTC. This is because I think that young kids being able to imaging there own pirate adventures is quite significant, I think this is where POTC lacks a bit. My opinion.

Will there be another pirate sort of theme in the near future? I am aware that POTC is currently still being sold, but once it is retired, will there be classic pirates again? Or will there be no pirate theme whatsoever? :cry_sad: Sorry if this has already been answered.

Will there be another pirate sort of theme in the near future? I am aware that POTC is currently still being sold, but once it is retired, will there be classic pirates again? Or will there be no pirate theme whatsoever? :cry_sad: Sorry if this has already been answered.

I imagine the next Pirates sets will be based on the next PotC movie. The next time we'll see classic Pirates will probably happen when there is a long enough hiatus between PotC movies that the older PotC sets will lose their appeal and there will be enough demand to support a separate Pirates theme, or alternatively if demand for pirate-based sets starts to pick up enough that licensed and non-licensed sets can coexist (like happened with Space sets and Star Wars sets in 2007 after a long time without non-licensed Space sets).

In general, it's hard to say if the demand is there for new pirates sets (licensed or non-licensed) every year. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the lack of a full Pirates theme in 2010 had to do with this. TLG decided that they'd make more money continuing to sell the previous year's Pirates sets than they would with a new wave. Then in 2011 PotC arrived to pick up the slack, followed by another hiatus in 2012. This could easily be the shape of things in the years to come-- new Pirates sets every other year rather than every year.

There seems to be a misalignment issue with the printing on the Swamp Creature's head in the new Monster Fighters theme. Discussion starts at the third post on this page where you can see that the printing is a few millimeters below where it ought to be. The Swamp Creature also appeared correctly (with the eyes perfectly aligned with the headpiece) when it was displayed at earlier toy shows so it should definitely not look like this.

I have a problem with my CM series 3 Elf, his hair won't sit on his head. It fits other heads fine, but not the elf's (and I only have one elf :angry:)

Does anyone else have this problem and/or a way to fix it. He just doesn't look right without pointy ears.

I have a problem with my CM series 3 Elf, his hair won't sit on his head. It fits other heads fine, but not the elf's (and I only have one elf :angry:)

Does anyone else have this problem and/or a way to fix it. He just doesn't look right without pointy ears.

I have three Elves, and have no problems with any of them. Have you checked the Elf's head-stud?

I am worried about the quality of the printed instructions. As of 2012 I noticed TLG is cutting on quality and especially resolution. Not only did they stop showing the slits between the holes of studless Technic beams, the instructions overall are of poorer quality. The black lines of the parts are thinner and edgier. Diagonal lines now look jagged. You can sometimes even see the pixels. I noticed this with the 10224 Town Hall and 10226 Sopwith Camel, but also with the LOTR sets.

TLG started offering lower resolution instructions digitally (I still believe Technic B-model should come printed, building from a computer screen is rediculous/Creator also comes with ALL instructions printed), now the cutting of costs has reaches printed instructions also!

Anyone else noticed this? The instructions look cheap. Like Megablocks or some other clone brand.

For those who have wondered how long PoTC will run as a theme, you have to consider that Johnny Depp has contracted with Disney for six PoTC movies. According to his IMDb page, he is currently in filming for The Lone Ranger, but the PoTC 5 is listed as announced. He is the only actor listed for any roll, though.

I believe that as long as TLG holds the PoTC license, the chance of having small Classic Pirates runs between movies is unlikely. There is a wide range of scenes and several ships from the previous movies not covered by TLG.

I for one wouldn't mind having a Captain Teague/Keith Richards fig. :grin:

I am worried about the quality of the printed instructions. As of 2012 I noticed TLG is cutting on quality and especially resolution. Not only did they stop showing the slits between the holes of studless Technic beams, the instructions overall are of poorer quality. The black lines of the parts are thinner and edgier. Diagonal lines now look jagged. You can sometimes even see the pixels. I noticed this with the 10224 Town Hall and 10226 Sopwith Camel, but also with the LOTR sets.

TLG started offering lower resolution instructions digitally (I still believe Technic B-model should come printed, building from a computer screen is rediculous/Creator also comes with ALL instructions printed), now the cutting of costs has reaches printed instructions also!

Anyone else noticed this? The instructions look cheap. Like Megablocks or some other clone brand.

I had not noticed these differences before you pointed them out, and I still don't see any jagged-looking diagonal lines in my instruction booklet for 9445 Fangpyre Truck Ambush. I do, however, notice the lack of the gaps between the holes of studless Technic beams. I wonder if the intent of this particular change might not be to "cheapen" the instructions but rather to make them more legible (counting the holes to determine where a pin goes is easier without the frequent gaps).

I'll admit that it's been years since I've built a Mega Bloks set, but as far as I can tell, LEGO instruction manuals are still not close to that level of quality. They are still extremely legible (even more so now that TLG has started putting white borders around black parts, just as they did decades ago when instructions had much simpler shading of parts), the colors look very authentic (except, I now notice, in the case of the blended flames from Fangpyre Truck Ambush, which look like a medium lilac pattern on a transparent bright bluish-violet flame rather than a transparent bright bluish-violet flame that blends to medium lilac near the base), and I rarely find myself having to second-guess anything when building from printed instructions.

To show you what I mean (it is a photo made by an iPhone so you may want to click it to see the best resolution): The bottom picture is of 10224 Town Hall, the top picture is of 10230 Mini Modulars (that is also of 2012 but some months older!!!).

Notice the black outlines of the parts that are thinner in the bottom picture. The bottom picture also clearly shows the jagged nature I decribed as the top picture shows thicker and smoother lines. The bottom picture is what I see in all new instructions! These instructions were photographed together so the disctance and angle is the same.

foto-6.jpg

Edited by merman

Some serious quality issues, check out this article on Brickset :sceptic:

I was coming to this topic to post about the same thing. If this is what lego is turning into, the future of TLG isn't looking good.

I was coming to this topic to post about the same thing. If this is what lego is turning into, the future of TLG isn't looking good.

This in all likelihood just suggests a bad batch of parts. It in no way suggests a trend, and it would be silly to judge TLG's entire future on what seems to be a one-off problem. If this issue starts consistently showing up with other parts in other sets, then we have a problem, but there's not nearly enough evidence of this issue to extrapolate that this is or will become an endemic problem.

ACWWgal, while I do appreciate your taste in video games, I don't appreciate all the doomsaying. Whether it's this or the collectible minifigures, you seem quite quick to proclaim LEGO's decline. No one set or theme is going to ruin LEGO forever.

I will say it was quite a shocker to open up my brand-new 9392 Quad Bike today and see the remarkable lack of "perfect" Technic parts! Is there any chance we could get an official TLG statement on the change in the Technic instructions?

EDIT: Come to think of it, there was another issue I just remembered... the B-model instructions for the Quad Bike seem to want you to make a connection that looks all right on paper, but it turns out I couldn't make it happen in the brick. I was able to shift down an L-beam one unit to get the job done, but before I figured that out I sat there for a good five minutes puzzling over whether or not I needed to actually BEND pieces! TL;DR, there appears to be a mistake in the B-model instructions for 9392 Quad Bike.

Edited by Phoxtane

I am just wondering if this happened or is happening to someone ordering something.

So on the 7th of June I ordered a bunch of pieces from LEGO Pck a Brick, The week after, I received my free Mini Sopwith Camel, and a email saying my order was dispatched from Strykow, Poland, on the 18th. So I waited another week- No order! I turned to the order tracking devices online and they all said: Shipment Tendered 18/6/12. It is now the first of July(Canada Day!) and no more information about the package is in sight.

Maybe LEGO might be busy with orders this month, or something else. Has this happened to you this time of year or is it just LEGO, me, and Pick a Brick?

The one time I did an order from S @ H for Pick a Brick the shipping took a loooong time to get to me in Chicago. I would say give customer service a call since they are always so accommodating. I eventually got my order but it was a solid 3 weeks to a month after I placed it.

Edit: Don't need to quote the post right above mine :grin:

Edited by Spider-Man