Sign in to follow this  
purpleparadox

My life in LEGO

indexed.gif B-V-19D

So, I'm working on a series of simple vignettes showing me going about my everyday life. To kick it off, here's me, building with Lego!

IMG_3658.jpg?t=1336348917

I always have trouble building, I can never find the piece I'm looking for. I never know what to build, too. That's why I have a worried face here, because I'm stressed about what to build.

IMG_3662.jpg?t=1336348941

"Now where did I put that piece...?"

Hope you enjoyed it, and get ready for another vig soon!

This is a neat idea for a small project. :classic:

You might want to consider cropping your images so that you can show more of the vignette and less wasted white space in the frame. Also if you add light in front of the model pointing up (so the light will be under the camera and pointing up at the model), you can get a cleaner in-focus photo.

Great minifig design :thumbup:

This is a neat idea for a small project. :classic:

You might want to consider cropping your images so that you can show more of the vignette and less wasted white space in the frame. Also if you add light in front of the model pointing up (so the light will be under the camera and pointing up at the model), you can get a cleaner in-focus photo.

Great minifig design :thumbup:

Thanks! I knew the lighting was bad, but I didn't know what to do about it. I'll use that technique for photographing my next creation. Thank you for the tip!

Cute :wink: , is the word I choose to comment on this vig.....keep them coming 'purpleparadox' and Brick On ! :classic:

Cute :wink: , is the word I choose to comment on this vig.....keep them coming 'purpleparadox' and Brick On ! :classic:

Thanks LT. I've already got three more designs in my head, now I need to make them reality in brick, and work on photography! :laugh:

Here's the second vig! I'm aware the photography is still terrible but I was in a bit of a rush.

Almost every morning I wake up at about 6:30 AM. I go to the table, eat a bowl of cereal or some toast, read the newspaper, and then usually check EB before I go out for the day.

Here you can see me, about to eat my Corn Flakes, with the newspaper beside me. Notice my sig-fig still has bedhead, and he's still wearing glasses. I usually put in contact lenses after breakfast.

IMG_3717.jpg

The "cereal" is 1x1 round studs, and the "spoon" is a magnifying glass.

Here's a pic of the chair for anyone interested. The legs are lightsaber pieces and it's attached to the vig purely with balance. And the minifig is just balancing on the chair.

IMG_3723.jpg

"The early bird gets the worm!"

Hope you enjoyed, all C&C welcome, and keep following this topic for more vigs! (And hopefully improved photography.)

Edited by purpleparadox

Neat little chair and they are really big flakes of rolled and toasted corn eh ? :grin:

Keep your little creations coming 'purpleparadox', though not as fuzzy. :blush::wink:

Neat little chair and they are really big flakes of rolled and toasted corn eh ? :grin:

Keep your little creations coming 'purpleparadox', though not as fuzzy. :blush::wink:

Thanks! Yeah, but they're the smallest pieces I have. :laugh:

I'm going to work really hard on my photography as soon as I get the free time. I can't wait until summer, when I get a break! Then I can work harder on LEGO projects.

Thanks! Yeah, but they're the smallest pieces I have. :laugh:

I'm going to work really hard on my photography as soon as I get the free time. I can't wait until summer, when I get a break! Then I can work harder on LEGO projects.

One tip for better photos is to stand further away (too close and the camera cant get focus at the object) and then zoom in a bit, or just crop the image in some photo editing program. You can even crop the image in Windows Paint ...

I have also a hard time getting the right lights even if I have a Canon EOS50D camera. So I try to take the photos outside in the daylight if it is possible.

But nice small vigs there anyway. Love how you depict the scenes with so few pieces. Keep them coming! :)