simonwillems

Imperial Flagship modification

thindexedgif.gif 22d

Oh yes, I used my digital camera some more this weekend...

After buying the extra midsection for the Imperial Flagship and one more sail with joints, here is my modified Imperial Flagship once more:

The interior of the captainscabin is the same as in my shortened mod. of this ship, reached by clicking UP in the folder and then "modified".

Here's the link to the gallery

These images are clickable thanks to mr. ZCerberus!!

p1213949.jpg_thumb.jpg

p1213948.jpg_thumb.jpg

Well well, looks quite good! A true improvement on the Imperial Flagship, very nice. I like the second mast. I believe this is a brig... What's the name of this ship? If there's no name yet, then you should get one soon, because this ship really deserves a proper name!

nice layout, and good use of the imperial flagships sails *y* nice job I like 8-o I think I might accually like it more than the first, orginal one!

This ship still has the spirit of the original Imperial Flagship but looks much more mature. This is how TLC should have made it!

BTW, the crew looks also very good.

I thought the Imperial Flagship was the only ship they produced that actually had a sail configuration close to what existed in history - unless you count the dingies with sails.

That aside Mr Willems has done a good job here, I notice there's more than just an extra midsection and a modified Captain's cabin... It appears the Captain (or highest ranking mini-figure) has a cape, a dingy has been placed on the deck (very useful for getting to shore when there's no port), a windlass (good for getting cargo onto the dock) and a railing above the entrance to the Captain's cabin (prevents the lads from falling off during high seas).

So I agree with Mr Tiber, that's enough modifications to make this an entirely different creation to the Imperial Flagship.

Nice job Simon!

it's closer to being a "flagship" than the original model.

the mast placement looks pretty good.

that 1x4 black railing piece looks out of place on the poop deck.

but that's the only thing i don't like on it.

Phred

I have no problem calling this a MOC, but may I make a few suggestions for the way you posted things?

First, thumbnails are okay, but you should use them as LINKS to larger pictures of the same image or to the brickshelf folder. Secondly, if you resized one or two images to around 800 x 600 or even 1024x 768 you could post the images right in the thread!

As for the MOC itself, when I started making pirate ships they were just expansions and remodels of existing ships, but slowly I began branching out to make ones that don't even resemble anything Lego has done. I think we should embrace all MOC whether extensions of the Lego versions or not.

I am not quite sure how the captain gets in his cabin though!

Thanks everybody for all the kind words!

You should try modifying your Caribbean Clipper. I bet it would come out great!

I may try that one day, I'm considering buying another (secondhand) Caribbean Clipper of the internet, I like to modify my ships with original Lego-sails, and blue striped ones are quite hard to get and pretty expensive.

Also the Caribbean Clipper as Lego produced it is, I think, a beautiful ship.

Modifying it as it is will soon make it look chunky without adding multiple midsections.... Modifying That ship is going to be tough but not impossible. Anyway thanks for the idea.

First, thumbnails are okay, but you should use them as LINKS to larger pictures of the same image or to the brickshelf folder. Secondly, if you resized one or two images to around 800 x 600 or even 1024x 768 you could post the images right in the thread!

ZCerberus raises a few good points because generally (not always) when users see pictures of a MOC at the top of the thread they are more inclined to write about it and therefore your thread gets more responses more quickly.

We also have a How to perform a batch image resize TUTORIAL if you're unsure how to resize your images to 800 x 600, but ultimately its up to you whether you feel this is necessary.

ZCerberus raises a few good points because generally (not always) when users see pictures of a MOC at the top of the thread they are more inclined to write about it and therefore your thread gets more responses more quickly.

We also have a How to perform a batch image resize TUTORIAL if you're unsure how to resize your images to 800 x 600, but ultimately its up to you whether you feel this is necessary.

Yes yes, and also since the only link to the pics is the brickshelf folder, if you modify the folder in anyway, then the folder will be inaccessible for a while. 'Deep links' however are unaffected by a modification to the folder, such as a direct link to the picture.

Here is an example of a thumbnail with a direct link to the picture!

p1213949.jpg_thumb.jpg

To set something like this in the thread you need to insert a hyperlink to the brickshelf image with the 'name' of the hyperlink being the thumbnail image.

If you post the thumbnails (like you have already done above) all you have to do is highlight the text for the image, click the hyperlink button, and insert the address of the brickshelf picture... I know other posts have given instructions on how to do this so if you are confused someone can direct you there!

I'm a complete idiot when it comes to computers.... I tried and tried but posting a thumbnail that is a link at the same time: impossible :'-( I guess my talents are elsewhere: I can build towers, modify flagships and I speak four different languages...

About the captain entering his cabin, mr. ZCerberus: Just behind the wheel there are two little blue shutters in the wall, opening these will reveal a tiny stairway that leads into the cabin. You can't see it in the pictures I recently posted, but in the pictures of the earlier modification it's visible. I'm afraid I have to post you another link:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=1488996

I'm a complete idiot when it comes to computers.... I tried and tried but posting a thumbnail that is a link at the same time: impossible

Well you obviously know how to paste a link and post a thumbnail... so it is just a combo of the two! If you highlight any text (including HTML text of an image) in the post and click the hyperlink button...

hyperlink.gif

this button, and insert the web adress you are golden! I have an idea... here are the links as they whould look... copy the text I wrote underneath them and delete the two '*'s and it should work!

p1213949.jpg_thumb.jpg

[*url=http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/SimonWillems/Ship/p1213949.jpg]

[*img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/SimonWillems/Ship/thumb/p1213949.jpg_thumb.jpg[/img][/url]

p1213948.jpg_thumb.jpg

[*url=http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/SimonWillems/Ship/p1213948.jpg]

[*img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/SimonWillems/Ship/thumb/p1213948.jpg_thumb.jpg[/img][/url]

About the captain entering his cabin, mr. ZCerberus: Just behind the wheel there are two little blue shutters in the wall, opening these will reveal a tiny stairway that leads into the cabin. You can't see it in the pictures I recently posted, but in the pictures of the earlier modification it's visible. I'm afraid I have to post you another link:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=1488996

I did see that, but I was thinking it would be a tight squeeze!!

this button, and insert the web adress you are golden! I have an idea... here are the links as they whould look... copy the text I wrote underneath them and delete the two '*'s and it should work!

It's working, it's working! THANKS! *sweet*

It's working, it's working! THANKS! *sweet*

Excellent! I probably should put instructions on how to do that in the Batch Image Resize tutorial or some place convenient.

In the interest of encouraging your input Cap'n Kirk I be wondering why you like these "expansions"? Do you think they make the ship look more interesting or more powerful?

In the interest of encouraging your input Cap'n Kirk I be wondering why you like these "expansions"? Do you think they make the ship look more interesting or more powerful?

More powerful deffinatly, larger, stronger, more powerful!

Simon, could you please be so kind to upload a promotional image to your Brickshelf folder?

euro_pirate.jpg

Has been taken care of, I uploaded something on my mainpage as well!

I do stuff like this! Great ship Simon! Is this your Flagship? >8-)

You do? Well than don't hesitate in making a thread about your "stuff"! ;-)