Sign in to follow this  
Rumble Strike

Heroica RPG - Quest 32: The Lost Children

1 gold member to each member.

"I'm not fooled by all this serenity. Something grotesque is going to come as soon as we walk towards the children."

"Nothing is grotesque. Everything is cute in it's own way. Except you."

"Any last minute preparations before we go towards the children? I'll apply venom to my blade to use in the next battle."

"A giant bee, huh?"

Erik smells one of the flowers.

I bet they smell nice..... Drake thought.

Drake sniffs the flowers too.

"How do they smell. I think they smell quite nice.....though I can almost smell a foul stench."

"Foul stench is coming from a sticky golden thing. Oh, wait, that's some gold we dropped." *Picks up gold* "There we go."

Updated party with gold distribution and weapon enhancement:

Party

av-27305.jpg

Erik Tyrvarr
, Level 3 Barbarian (Myrddyn)

18 years old male human

Power: 8

Health: 10/10

Gold: 42

Inventory: Spear (WP: 5), Axe (WP: 3), Potion x2, Mead, Remedy

zTI3J.png

Sorrow
, Level 3 Rogue (Endgame) **Party Leader**

Health: 9/9

Gold: 47

Inventory: Longsword (WP: 5) *Envenomed*, Scythe (WP: 3) Potion, Parasol (Quest Item), Fallen Leaf (Quest Item)

gc5570571444584664818.jpg?width=80&height=75&aspect=fitwithin&padcolor=ffffff&size=thumb

Mizuki Kimura
, Level 3 Rogue (zakura)

21 years old Female Human

Inventory: Dagger (WP: 5), Black Katana(WP: 3), Potion, Venom, Bedroll, Smoke Bomb

heroica_avatar.jpg

Nagure
, Level 3 Barbarian (Costy)

34 Year old male Yeti

Gold: 37

Inventory: Axe (WP: 5), Club (WP: 3), Potion x2, Bottle of Mead x2

ava-drake.jpg

Drake Flamerobe
, Level 3 Knight (xxlrocka)

39 year old male human

Health: 12/12

Gold: 32

Inventory: Greatsword (WP: 5), Torch(WP: 3), Shield (SP: 2), Potion, Phoenix Essence

QM Note:- I miscalculated Mizuki's gold when she found those 5 more gold pieces in the undergrowth. I have corrected that now.

Both Erik and Drake felt a little drowsy after sniffing the flowers, as the buzzing got louder and louder. Strangely the party seemed almost to expect the giant yet adorable bee that swarmed over them...

7113987589_00d94f079a_z.jpg

...but they probably weren't expecting the creepers that shot out from the flowers! The party, with Captain Hlin Horrkkba of the Ve'er Town Watch standing resolutely alongside them, must prepare for battle!

Enemies

6967909334_5d3103a4a0_m.jpg

Buzzy

Level 5 Flying Monster

Health 60/60

Special 1: Stinger - Buzzy stings her attacker,
poisoning
them, losing one health each turn until the effect is remedied or the battle is over.

Special 2: Fearsome Buzz - Buzzy swoops down over the attacker, making them
afraid
, forcing them to the back row until the effect is remedied or the battle is over.

QM Note:- Specials will alternate

Drops: Toy lamb (Quest Item), 100 gold, Remedy, Tonic, Phoenix Essence

6998685798_6a09c7c682_m.jpg

Creeper A

Level 4 Plant Monster

Health 20/20

Special: Sleepyhead - The attacker gets a whiff of the creeper's scent, causing them to fall
asleep
. The attacker can only be woken if they are attacked, or roll 1,2,3 or 4, or until the effect is remedied or the battle is over.

Drops: Potion

Creeper B

Level 4 Plant Monster

Health 20/20

Special: Sleepyhead - The attacker gets a whiff of the creeper's scent, causing them to fall
asleep
. The attacker can only be woken if they are attacked, or roll 1,2,3 or 4, or until the effect is remedied or the battle is over.

Creeper C

Level 4 Plant Monster

Health 20/20

asleep
asleep

Creeper D

Level 4 Plant Monster

Health 20/20

asleep

Creeper E

Level 4 Plant Monster

Health 20/20

asleep

Party

av-27305.jpg

Erik Tyrvarr

18 years old male human

zTI3J.png

Sorrow

Inventory: Longsword (WP: 5) *Envenomed*, Scythe (WP: 3) Potion, Venom, Parasol (Quest Item), Fallen Leaf (Quest Item)

gc5570571444584664818.jpg?width=80&height=75&aspect=fitwithin&padcolor=ffffff&size=thumb

Mizuki Kimura
, Level 3 Rogue (zakura)

Inventory: Dagger (WP: 5), Black Katana(WP: 3), Potion, Venom, Bedroll, Smoke Bomb

heroica_avatar.jpg

Nagure

34 Year old male Yeti

ava-drake.jpg

Drake Flamerobe

39 year old male human

Inventory: Greatsword (WP: 5), Torch(WP: 3), Shield(SP: 2), Potion, Phoenix Essence

7113987297_c5a161e213_t.jpg

Hlin Horrkkba, Captain of the Ve'er Town Watch (NPC)

Level 5 Swordsman

Power: 5

Shield – Surgical Strike: Takes off half the target's health (can only occur once per target, otherwise counts as a normal hit)

Party Leader, choose the order of action.

All of you, choose your targets and the row you want to fight in. Also mention if you want to try to flee, heal or cast a magic spell, or if you want to use an item instead of attacking.

Any enemy not targeted will get a Free Hit on the party after everyone has acted.

D'aww, it's so adorable.

"It looks like it eats orphans."

Which is exactly why it looks adorable!

Hlin, go for that buzzing menace - if you get a surgical strike, it'll be massive damage. Thge rest of us have to focus our efforts on these creepers - I'll attack creeper A from the front row with my longsword.

Order:

Hlin

Sorrow

Mizuki

Flamerobe

Nagure

Eric

"Thinking back Eric, didn't you express concern about the mansion moving again if it popped up randomly today? perhaps the map was not some old scrap of paper butfor navigation.The circled area could quite possibly be where this Maginastra is traveling next. Unfortunately, between the suit of armor and the lion monolith, we can only get about 1 sentence's worth information. Stumbling blidnly around here is not fun."

Edited by Endgame

"This looks like it could get tricky. I hope we have better luck with this battle than we did with the snake. Oh well, I'll go for Creeper C, from the front row, and try out my new spear.

And you could be right, Sorrow. Or perhaps the mansion came from the circled area? I did consider stealing it, but I've seen that map in the library anyway. I suppose we could just to annoy this Maginastra, though. :devil: "

Mizuki grabs her new dagger and tries to slice Creeper D from the front row.

And you could be right, Sorrow. Or perhaps the mansion came from the circled area? I did consider stealing it, but I've seen that map in the library anyway. I suppose we could just to annoy this Maginastra, though. :devil: "

The important question is why is there a map in an empty house? The only humanoid we have seen is the knight, and he certainly didn't need a map. I think someone else is behind this, whether it be a mage or spirit or some other type of ghastly thing.

The important question is why is there a map in an empty house? The only humanoid we have seen is the knight, and he certainly didn't need a map. I think someone else is behind this, whether it be a mage or spirit or some other type of ghastly thing.

"Well, I assume the Maginastra is in here somewhere, and there is at least one other floor. He could be up here. And yeah, I'd say he's some kind of mage. Just 'cos of the house that appears overnight, the statue and armour that talks, the weird doors, and the unicorn/pegasus and all that..."

If he has kidnapped the children, why is he hiding them here. I think it is not his intent to harm the children, but to save them. All the children we have rescued so far have been unharmed and seem to like the guardians that we defeated. He must believe that he is doing them some good by having them here.

Do you think that the Magnistra is the magical embodiment of the house ?

"Yes, but save them from what? And why not just tell their parents or Hlin about the danger?"

OOC: That was at Nagure.

Edited by Myrddyn

"Yes, but save them from what? And why not just tell their parents or Hlin about the danger?

That I am not too sure. Perhaps he is saving them from their self. He might believe that he is making their life better by taking them from their parents. He may not trust the parents or the parents may not trust him to save their children.

"You could be correct, but currently it appears to me that the chances of him trying to save them from a real danger are outweighed by the chances of him being crazy."

"You could be correct, but currently it appears to me that the chances of him trying to save them from a real danger are outweighed by the chances of him being crazy."

He is most certainly crazy, but what he is doing he must believe is right. The difference between a hero and a villain is only a point of view.

"Fighting against a bumblebee and some plants. Should be easy taking out the plants....with my new greatsword! Oh yes...."

I attack creeper A with greatsword from the front row.

"There's lots of them, Drake. We need to each target a different one, so they can't run around unhindered causing mischief."

"And Nagure, even though he may think he's right, we should still get the children back to their parents."

"And Nagure, even though he may think he's right, we should still get the children back to their parents."

Yes of course. I was never saying we shouldn't take the children back, just that he was a nutcase with a plan and that he thought he was doing the right thing.

"Hlin stated that there was a dark power in the mine that bled out in the town, and a band of heroes had to go snuff it out. Perhaps our good friend the Maginastra is afraid the dark power still lingers? Incredibly unlikely, but you never know with wizards - especailly those who kidnap children."

"Perhaps. But currently, both you, (Sorrow) and Drake are targeting Creeper A. Perhaps one of you should change target, although it may be unnecessary as Hlin can't quite die, even with bad luck, however he would be in no shape to continue fighting."

QM Note:- See how things are more interesting when you guys actually talk to each other? :classic:

To keep things moving with the outage I will run this round with Drake's original target. Feel free to beat it into him next round about the importance of reading who others have targeted and not allowing the enemy free hits.

Round One of the Bumblebee Guardian Battle

Hlin vs Buzzy - Shield (Surgical Strike) Grrrr!

Sorrow vs Creeper A - Critical Hit

Mizuki vs Creeper D - Hit

Flamerobe vs Creeper A - Shield (Sentinel)

Nagure vs Creeper B - Extra Critical Hit

Erik vs Creeper C - Hit

Creeper E - Free hit on Hlin

The battle of the Bumblebee Guardian starts off with Captain Hlin Horrkkba of the Ve'er Town Watch, showing that his skill with a blade was not hyperbole, ruthlessly cutting into Buzzy with a devastating array of slashes (-30). The party takes great courage from this, and all pile on to their enemies with their newly acquired weapons. Sorrow hits Creeper A with a huge blow of his new blade (-13), poisoning the Creeper (-1). Mizuki gets a hit on Creeper D with her dagger (-8), whilst Flamerobe gets his shield ready to protect the party from all physical damage next round (negative effects will still occur if triggered).

Nagure isn't phased by his new axe and carries on where he left off with a massive swing (-18) at Creeper B, nearly felling it, and Erik follows up with a spear thrust on Creeper C (-8). The untargetted Creeper E rakes its thorny vines against Hlin (-4).

The battle continues!

Enemies

6967909334_5d3103a4a0_m.jpg

Buzzy

Level 5 Flying Monster

Health 30/60

Special 1: Stinger - Buzzy stings her attacker,
poisoning
them, losing one health each turn until the effect is remedied or the battle is over.

Special 2: Fearsome Buzz - Buzzy swoops down over the attacker, making them
afraid
, forcing them to the back row until the effect is remedied or the battle is over.

QM Note:- Specials will alternate

Drops: Toy lamb (Quest Item), 100 gold, Remedy, Tonic, Phoenix Essence

Creeper A

Level 4 Plant Monster
**Poisoned**

Health 6/20

asleep

Creeper B

Level 4 Plant Monster

Health 2/20

asleep

Creeper C

Level 4 Plant Monster

Health 12/20

asleep
asleep

Creeper D

Level 4 Plant Monster

Health 12/20

asleep

Creeper E

Level 4 Plant Monster

Health 20/20

asleep

Party

av-27305.jpg

Erik Tyrvarr

18 years old male human

zTI3J.png

Sorrow

Inventory: Longsword (WP: 5) *Envenomed*, Scythe (WP: 3) Potion, Venom, Parasol (Quest Item), Fallen Leaf (Quest Item)

Mizuki Kimura
, Level 3 Rogue (zakura)

heroica_avatar.jpg

Nagure

34 Year old male Yeti

ava-drake.jpg

Drake Flamerobe

39 year old male human

Inventory: Greatsword (WP: 5), Torch(WP: 3), Shield(SP: 2), Potion, Phoenix Essence

7113987297_c5a161e213_t.jpg

Hlin Horrkkba, Captain of the Ve'er Town Watch (NPC)

Level 5 Swordsman

Power: 5

Health: 6/10

Shield – Surgical Strike: Takes off half the target's health (can only occur once per target, otherwise counts as a normal hit)

Party Leader, choose the order of action.

All of you, choose your targets and the row you want to fight in. Also mention if you want to try to flee, heal or cast a magic spell, or if you want to use an item instead of attacking.

Any enemy not targeted will get a Free Hit on the party after everyone has acted.

Edited by Rumble Strike

Erik stabs at Creeper D again from the front row with his spear.(the same thing I did last time)

"Good work everyone!"

"Lawmen such as myself lets miniscule blows like that roll of our backs!" gloated Hlin, trying to reassure the party that he was fine. The flesh wound said otherwise.

Same action for me and Hlin as last round! Flamerobe, please traget an untargeted enemy - lest you want to make hlin a meatshield?

Order:

Flamerobe

Hlin

Sorrow

Nagure

Mizuki

Eric

Mizuki stares at the Creeper D before slicing the iternal parts of the plant apart from the front row

OOC: Shouldn't Erik be aiming for creeper C ?

Edited by zakura