Sign in to follow this  
Xarrzan

Heroica RPG - Quest #26: Quarry Clean Up

"I'd like the beholder's eye, but I think Guts should have it."

OoC: I gain 17 hp from natural respite.

Edited by Bricksandparts

"Toad Poison? I can't say I have tried it..."

When the bard walks off, Guts turns to his fellow questers and says:

"We saved his life twice, he better remember. Somehow I have the feeling we will see him again..."

"This place seems safe, for now, let's rest up before we go the Quarry Owner, if our bad lucks holds, we might just face a gigantic demon before we reach the guy."

Guts, not wasting time, gets in his bedroll to get some rest.

"Toad Poison? I can't say I have tried it..."

When the bard walks off, Guts turns to his fellow questers and says:

"We saved his life twice, he better remember. Somehow I have the feeling we will see him again..."

"This place seems safe, for now, let's rest up before we go the Quarry Owner, if our bad lucks holds, we might just face a gigantic demon before we reach the guy."

Guts, not wasting time, gets in his bedroll to get some rest.

OoC: I think there's more to this quest, more battles, more items. He did mention his lost items... But I agree, lets rest before we continue.

Hybros rests for a moment, then is ready to return to the quarry owner.

Knifk eyes the Eye for a moment, then tosses it to Guts. He unfurls his Bedroll and set it down upon the rough quarry floor to get some rest. Afterwards, he asks Singerson, "Is there anything else required of us here? Does bard-man need help recovering other artifacts now?"

OoC: Updated Johon's health in previous post.

While the others rested, Johon and Elgar dug around with their shovels in search of anything useful. They come up empty handed though.

Party Update:

knifk.jpg

Knifk
(Played by Bioniclover)
*Party Leader*

Level 15 Knight

Power:

Health:
24/24

Shield Power:

Ether:
-

Gold:

Inventory:
Tfel (WP: 9 Longsword, Earth-elemental), Aegis (SP: 6 Shield), Remedy, Floral Bomb, Wind Bomb, Bedroll, Gloves of Counterstriking

hybros.jpg

Hybros
(Played by JimButcher)

Level 18 Rogue

Power:
28 (23 for throwing weapons, except 25 for Ancient Throwing Dagger )

Health:
27/27 (+1 Cat)

Shield Power:
-

Ether:
-

Gold:

Inventory:
Zoot's Reaper (WP:10, Earth), Shuriken of Mercutio (WP:5, retrievable), 2 Throwing Knives (WP:5, retrievable), Banana Bladerang (WP: 5, damage all, retrievable), Ancient Throwing Dagger (WP: 7, retrievable), Helmet (Max HP +1), 4 Grand Potions, 3 Potions, 3 Remedies, 2 Phoenix Essences, 2 Smoke Bombs, 3 Holy Bombs, Lightning Bomb, Nostrums, Meads, Smelling Salts, Deadly Venom, Bone, Bedroll, Skeleton Decoy, Cat Statuette (artifact) - Health +1, Emerald

guts.jpg

Guts Holla
(Played by Scubacarrot)

Level 14.5 Rogue

Power:

Health:
20/20

Shield Power:

Ether:
-

Gold:

Inventory:
Lifestealer (WP:8,Ice, attacks restore 3 health), Bedroll, Ice Bomb, Diamond, Beholder's Eye (SP+1)

alf.jpg

Johon (Alf Gregory)
(Played by Bricksandparts)

Level 17 Barbarian

Power:
25 (17+8)

Health:
24/25 (24+1)

Shield Power:
1 (+1 Dog)

Ether:
-

Gold:

Inventory:
Armour-Helmet I+1 max healthI-IequippedI Weapons-greatsword IWP.3I-IunequippedI---Sword of Decay IWP. 7I I once the target is inflicted with damage they lose a quarter of the power of the strike each following turn for three turns. the effect cannot be compounded with more strikes. Suitable to Mages Knights and Barbarians I---Meteor Blade IWP.8I-ILight elementalI-IequippedI-Healing Staff IWP.5I-Healing effect. -lended- usable by mages and clerics.---Focal Staff IWP.I 5 Focus Fire-Roll a 3 for 5 ether Suitable for clerics and mages. IunequippedI Tools-shovel---pick-axe---Magnifying Glass---magic compass POTIONS---potion I3I-Venom I2I-Ice Bomb I1I-Earth Bomb I1I-Phoenix Essence I1I- ELEMENTS-Aquamarine, Scroll of Sleep I1I---Scroll of Blindness I1I---Scroll of Sealing I1I---Scroll of Confusion I1I, Scroll of Luck, Dog Statuette (artifact) - SP+1

elgar.jpg

Elgar Gligin
(Played by Jedi master Brick)

Level 13 Ranger

Power:

Health:
3/18

Shield Power:
-

Ether:
-

Gold:

Inventory:
Mockhril crossbow (WP:9 Lightning Elemental), Faxthril Longbow WP:5, Smoke bomb, Bedroll, emerald, Venom, Spade, Fire Bomb, Floral Bomb, Sapphire, Quiver of Poisoning (artifact)

Singerson had long since left the Quarry after singing his last song but Knifk had a sense or feeling that they had defeated all of the foes in the Quarry. The party decided to head back to the Quarry entrance to meet back up with the Quarry owner. They found the miner, still drunk and asleep leaning against a rock.

drunkenminer.jpg

The Quarry owner was standing with his mouth agap. As the heroes approached he promptly closed his mouth and cleared his throat.

quarryman.jpg

"I could see the whole thing from here so no need to explain what went on. You all completed your task so you'll receive your reward. Now, down to the details. Your reward was 150 gold, three shovels and two pickaxes. I'm a friendly guy and I'm in a generous mood. You defeated that giant spider so I'll throw in 150 gold. You scared away a dragon so I'll throw in an extra 500 gold. You also cleared out some rock worms, but those are easy to get rid of and wasn't the problem so I'll throw in only 20 more gold." said the Quarry owner.

The Quarry owner did some calculations in his head before saying, "That comes out to be 820 gold for a reward." The Quarry owner counted out the money and started to hand it over then retracted his hand. "Ah, thats right I forgot to take out the deductions. You defeated the spider but you left spider goo all over the battle scene and now I've got to hire an exterminator to come take away the body. I'll have to deduct 200 gold for that. Then you left quite a few dead dragon babies littering the quarry floor. I'll have to deduct another 300 gold for that clean up. You also found a great treasure horde, but didn't stop the large dragon from collapsing stone on top of it and damaging my quarry wall. It will take me a week, actually one day hehe, to clear out all that rubble and get to the treasure beneath. That's another 200 gold I'll have to deduct. Also there is the fact that you left your litter in my quarry, empty bottles and broken shovels that I'll have to clean up. I'll have to deduct 200 for that as well."

The quarry owner did some more calculations. "Alright, all done. That leaves us with you owing me 80 gold coins for clearing out this quarry. But, like I said, I'm such a generous guy. I'll forgive your debt and throw in 150 gold coins, three shovels and two pickaxes. Tell your friends about how friendly and forgiving I am!"

At that the Quarry owner dropped the bag of gold, shovels and pickaxes at the party's feet. He then walked over to the sleeping miner.

"He'll take you heroes back in the wagon when you're all ready. Just kick him awake." With that the Quarry owner walked into the quarry to assess the damage.

Party Leader, how will the loot be distributed?

100x100gold.jpg

Gold - 150 gold coins.

heroica-shovel.jpg

Shovel - 3 Shovels

heroica-pickaxe.jpg

Pickaxe - 2 Pickaxes

QM Note - You have all completed the quest! Congratulations! I'd appreciate any feedback you want to give either through Rules and Discussion, Quest Masters Lounge or PM. Let me know what you liked, didn't like and your assessment.

Proposed distribution:

Knifk - shovel, pick, 6 gold

Hybros - shovel, 26 gold

Guts - shovel, 26 gold

Johon - 56 gold

Elgar - pick, 36 gold

Edited by Bricksandparts

"Johon, did you notice all the dedections he made :tongue::laugh: . And thanks for hiring us sir, it was a plesure working for you."

OoC: Oops... :angry: I need to read the whole thing before I set out the distribution!

Edited by Bricksandparts

Guts spat on the floor. And spoke to the quarry owner.

"You are pathetic."

Then the old rogue simply turned, kicked the sleeping man on the way to the cart, and hopped in, securing the most comfortable place for the ride home.

Johon agreed strongly with Guts about the cheap, cheating, two-faced owner.

"Who had the problem to start with? You did, who hired us? You did, to do exactly what? Kill something that you couldn't figure out what it was, and you're complaining about a mess? what kind of cheap-shot are you? If you're gonna tell us you're gonna give us more, and then take it away, and saying we owe you money, what kind of business are you running?"

As the owner walks into the quarry, Johon picks up a rock and flings it towards the owner. Just then, a blue dragon appears in the sky! At first. expecting an attack from the dragon or it's relatives, he readies his sword, but as the dragon draws near, he realizes it was Draco, the dragon he had met on his adventure to find his true potential true parents.

Knifk hands out a shovel to himself, a pick to Hybros, a shovel to Guts, and a shovel to Elgar. He then divvies up the Gold: 30 gold to all. "Noodle-Limbs can have the extra pick if he wishes, but he already has one. If Noodle-Limbs wants it to sell it, he may have it, if not, someone who has a shovel but not a pick may have it." He then leads the party home.

"I already have a shovel so can I have a pick please" Elgar asked

"Here, you can have mine." Hybros trades his pick for Elgar's shovel."Mine broke when we were fighting the worms, eheh."