Hinckley

LEGO Superheroes 2012 Rumours & Discussion

Is it safe to say that we won't be getting any DKR sets this year? This is pretty disappointing since I really wanted a Nolan's Bane minifig, and minifig scale Tumblers and Batpods. I guess it is always possible that Lego would release sets based on the movie either in the fall or in January, but wouldn't it be logical to release them at the same time as the movie? Oh well, Lego probably figures that the movie will boost Lego Batman sales anyway, even if there isn't a specific set based off of it.

The new visual dictionary looks cool though, I looked through the SW one with my little cousin and I was surprised at some of the little-known information that they had in there, and also the lack of some info.

They wouldn't release dark knight sets at the same time as the Avengers ones. they could release them later on in the year like the fall maybe but they most likely had to choose between the two.

Anyone notice the Thor in the polybag has Tony Stark's face? :laugh:

I think that is still Thor's face? It is a little blurry but I think you can make out the full beard underneath.

I like the polybags. I would of rather had another Black Widow rather than another Hawkeye, but that's fine. The Thor one is good since I wanted more copies of his hair, and I might not get the Quinjet. The mini-Quinjet is funny, and I hope they do more mini Super Heroes sets as polybags. :classic:

Love the visual dictionary!

I don't even want to bother getting excited about the polybags however, they practically don't exist in Canada :sceptic:

Hey guys, dont forget tomorrow is may 4 star wars day, AND the U.S release of the the avengers! :sweet:

I have to agree with Oky, a marvel dictionary would realy cool! :sweet:

They wouldn't release dark knight sets at the same time as the Avengers ones. they could release them later on in the year like the fall maybe but they most likely had to choose between the two.

The Dark Knight Rises comes out in the Summer, and The Avengers is already out or comes out within the next few days, depending on where you live.

The Dark Knight Rises comes out in the Summer, and The Avengers is already out or comes out within the next few days, depending on where you live.

I just think it would be very unlikely as these two films are competing against each other this year. Its possible that lego chose to comic book based Batman sets rather than the film because of the following. A) there's more possibilities in characters and vehicles. B) there's a chance to bring in other DC heroes. In the Avengers however we already get a good selection of characters from the film. Maybe Lego added the X-men and Spidey to add some variety. Plus it would make more sense to make Avengers sets over Dark knight as the Nolan films are finishing now. Look at how many other themes Lego have released where they play catch up: Pirates of the Caribbean and Indiana Jones. The interest in the franchise dies down after the films been out for a while. With the Avengers there's a least two more films, add that to the individual films like Ironman 3 and Thor 2. We could get another 4 years of Marvel film stuff. With Batman we would be lucky to one and a half. The films are only separated by two months.

Really, there is still the question if LEGO releases TDK sets this year?

If they were to be distributed in regular stores, those guys lineups were already completely displayed at the Toy Fair earlier this year.

If they were to be exclusive to a store chain you sure had to have heard at least a few set names by now, when even the store exclusive Spider-Man set and Palpatines Arrest from Star Wars are already known.

If they were to be exclusive to LEGO Stores and S@H you probably would hear of them first when they are released, but then, when was the last time LEGO released something only through their own stores that was neither numbered 1XXXX, a seasonal set or simple merchandise like keychains and clocks?

I am pretty sure LEGO skipped TdK in favor of this mish-mash line of Brave and Bold and silver age based sets. LEGO probably has something against the dark and realistic motives of the movies and didn´t even try to release movie based stuff apart from the Tumbler and Batmans costume design from the third original Batman wave because of this.

LEGOs best bet would be Avengers, as it has a safer future than Batman (Marvels franchise is planned to continue at two movies per year and has already four announced, Batman gets rebooted in 2015, albeit with Nolan still involved) and is much kidfriendlier.

Still, at least a store exclusive set with Batman and Bane would have been nice.

Maybe someone should propose Nolan trilogy sets through Cuusoo.

Edited by Navy Trooper Fenson

I just think it would be very unlikely as these two films are competing against each other this year. Its possible that lego chose to comic book based Batman sets rather than the film because of the following. A) there's more possibilities in characters and vehicles. B) there's a chance to bring in other DC heroes. In the Avengers however we already get a good selection of characters from the film. Maybe Lego added the X-men and Spidey to add some variety. Plus it would make more sense to make Avengers sets over Dark knight as the Nolan films are finishing now. Look at how many other themes Lego have released where they play catch up: Pirates of the Caribbean and Indiana Jones. The interest in the franchise dies down after the films been out for a while. With the Avengers there's a least two more films, add that to the individual films like Ironman 3 and Thor 2. We could get another 4 years of Marvel film stuff. With Batman we would be lucky to one and a half. The films are only separated by two months.

Marvel and DC have been competing with each other for years though. :wink:

I know why they'd choose The Avengers over The Dark Knight Rises (more Super Heroes, probably more vehicles, less dark, etc.), but you made it sound like it was because they were coming out at the same time, which they aren't. Pretty close, but they aren't exactly. I don't know how LEGO is handling the non-comic stuff with this theme, I can't think of a time where they have produced sets based on two rivaling licenses at the same time.

And when you say, "With Batman we would be lucky to one and a half," you mean the films, right? :sceptic:

LEGO wouldn't really have to choose between the two, they have the licenses. It's not like Disney denied them the right to produce sets based on Marvel characters just because they had a license with WB/DC (or vice-versa). Business-wise, it would make sense to play it safe and just choose one of the two (and again, you are right, Avengers does make more sense).

But really, I can't say I'm sure still sure if LEGO is going to produce TDKR sets and I do agree with most of your points, except for the release times which I'm not sure of.

Where can you usually find the polybag sets?

In the UK they are often given away free with the Sun newspaper. Though Im not sure about other countries.

I've noticed that Target seems to be adding a lot of polybags in the impulse-buy/checkout-lane stands. I've already picked up several mini Venators and a half-dozen Batman jetskis. Which is weird, that they have the really new stuff but not any Marvel sets other than the Hulk set and the Cap set.

I've noticed that Target seems to be adding a lot of polybags in the impulse-buy/checkout-lane stands. I've already picked up several mini Venators and a half-dozen Batman jetskis. Which is weird, that they have the really new stuff but not any Marvel sets other than the Hulk set and the Cap set.

How much were the Batman polys? Did you happen to have the DPCI for them?

Thanks.

I didn't realize the Batman Jetski's would be at Target too. Too bad I had to shell out the TRU tax.

Well, I've just come back from watching The Avengers.

The sets, unfortunately, don't reflect the film as much as I had hoped.

The only spoiler might be...

...the Hulk's first appearance...

...but it's certainly not as bad as the spoilers in Toy Story 3. :tongue:

Received the following sets:

- Cpt. America

- The Cosmic Cube escape set

- The Funhouse/ Dynamic Duo Escape

- The Superman set

All the main DC and Marvel characters for the price of 125 EUR. I'd better start building :wink:

(finally... after 7 months of waiting [ not counting from the announcement on Comic-Con])

Maybe. As much as I want "Tropical" Joker, I think this makes more sense, especially if there aren't really going to be any TDKR sets. I don't think I'd like the cape being stuffed into a small area though. :hmpf_bad:

I was hoping for "tropical" joker too!

Does anyone know if the batman visual dictionary is out there yet? I don't

care if it's on amazon, cause I don't shop there. :tongue:

Sept 17

Received the following sets:

- Cpt. America

- The Cosmic Cube escape set

- The Funhouse/ Dynamic Duo Escape

- The Superman set

All the main DC and Marvel characters for the price of 125 EUR. I'd better start building :wink:

(finally... after 7 months of waiting [ not counting from the announcement on Comic-Con])

Wow, LEGO ships pretty fast, apparently! :)

Enjoy, dude! ;)

Good stuff - the Batski/Batmobile is the 1st two days of the Sun newspaper promotion in a fortnight. No Avengers poly bags in their run though.