Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

Steampunk Mafia: Day Two

Players only please!

001.jpg

Honk! Honk!

"I'm horny for your pie my dear!" Silas Gil Large chuckles as he chases the Queen.

"Quiet, silly!" Queen Vivian Coulahan Colsh laughs as she runs across the deck of the HMS Brutal, "My husband will hear."

002.jpg

As the adulterers continue their game, Lord Hildebrand Weaselton and Lady Eleanor Quin Fry appear in a flash of magic light.

"Damn you woman!" Lord Hildebrand Weaselton curses, "How do you always know what I'm about to do?"

"We've cast our spells, Hildebrand," Lady Eleanor admonishes him, "The rules are set. There should be no interference from you."

003.jpg

"Really dear," Lady Eleanor says, somewhat softer, "It's time you let go of your grudge against the King. He's not the reason our marriage ended."

"Oh we need to bring exposition and depth into our characters?" Lord Hildebrand laughs, "Why? We're only NPCs. Why not show all of the action happening below deck?"

"What do you want?" Lady Eleanor asks, "More Queen/Jester sex?"

004.jpg

"Will you do that thing with your horn and my pie?" Queen Vivian asks excitedly, "Does that get your juices flowing the way it does mine?"

005.jpg

Honk! Honk!

"I see it does!" Queen Vivian squeals with delight.

006.jpg

"What is this crap?" Lord Weaselton scoffs, "Is it part of the game? Or is it just some joke? Where'd she get a nightgown? Did she pack a trunk or something?"

He's interrupted by a shrill scream.

007.jpg

Queen Vivian screams with delight!

"I don't know why you juggling your horn and my pie turns me on so much!" Queen Vivian titters with excitement.

Honk! Honk!

008.jpg

"It could be one of a few things," Lady Eleanor postulates, "It could be a warning that the Queen and Jester are connected. It could be the host just megablocking with the people playing the Jester and the Queen. You know, showing them to make them think something's going to happen to them. Or it could just be Hinckley jokes."

"Well, that's absurd!" Lord Weaselton scoffs, "Will there be any indication as to whether or not it's just some joke?"

009.jpg

Honk! Honk!

010.jpg

Splat!

011.jpg

In the morning, everyone was accounted for.

"Hey silly frog, shoo!" Meahon Doughal chases the little varmint across the deck, "I thought you were just part of the figurehead. Weird..."

012.jpg

Wait, everyone's accounted for?

Yup, look. There's Charles Pleasance, Bess Bulton, Polly Altamont, Ruben Castleton, Darberis Gibbon and Meahon Doughal...

013.jpg

...and over here we have Cuthber Neal Memlow, Jane Phoebe Barnell, Fairon Garzi, Shanalon Dairne, Zerard Wolfe and Clemence Blanchfield. That's everyone.

"Great!" Someone yells, "Now that role call's over, let's have some breakfast! Clemence!!"

014.jpg

Clemence Blanchfield scowls, "Just because I'm wearing an apron doesn't mean I'm your damn cook!"

015.jpg

Clemence looks down at her hands.

"Oh, oops, I stand corrected," Clemence says, "It appears I've made some sort of cinnamon rolls or something. They smell great! What d'ya know?"

Day Two has begun. You may not vote in the first 24 hours.

Alter Egos

Make sure you use your Alter Ego avatar and not your character avatar. The point is to hide your real identity.

bess_bulton.jpg

Bess Bulton,

assumed by Bob

charles_pleasance.jpg

Charles Pleasance,

assumed by CallMePieOrDie

clemence_blanchfield.jpg

Clemence Blanchfield,

assumed by Cecilie

cuthber_neal_memlow.jpg

Cuthber Neal Memlow,

assumed by Cornelius Murdock

darberis_gibbon.jpg

Darberis Gibbon,

assumed by Dragonator

fairon_garzi.jpg

Fairon Garzi,

assumed by Fugazi

jane_phoebe_barnell.jpg

Jane Phoebe Barnell,

assumed by JimButcher

meahon_doughal.jpg

Meahon Doughal,

assumed by MetroiD

polly_altamont.jpg

Polly Altamont,

assumed by Pandora

ruben_castleton.jpg

Ruben Castleton,

assumed by Rick

shanalon_dairne.jpg

Shanalon Dairne,

assumed by Shadows

zerard_wolfe.jpg

Zerard Wolfe,

assumed by Zepher

Role PM format:

Character: image

Name

Alter Ego: image

Name

Affiliation: Royal Court or Kensmy Assassins

Night Action: Everyone has one and they're named inconsistently. Some are movie titles, some are random combos of letters and numbers. Some are named wrong, like a vigilante who's action is actually tracker, etc. So, let the odd role-claiming begin. This is all being laid out so that nobody can attempt to use the structure of the role PM or game to their advantage. All the Town PMs contain the text "but don’t let anyone know because they’re looking for the King and the royal family. If they kill them, they win. Are you a good decoy?"

You win when all the Kensmy Clan Assassins are killed.

or

You win when your team kills the three members of the Royal Family: King Finnerty D. Colsh, Queen Vivian Coulahan Colsh and Prince Nathaniel Kieanan Colsh.

Best of luck! :thumbup:

The Rules:

1. Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the Royal Court or the Kensmy Assassins. To win the game, the Royal Court must kill off all the Kensmy Assassins, while the Kensmy Assassins need only to kill the members of the Royal Family: King Finnerty D. Colsh, Queen Vivian Coulahan Colsh and Prince Nathaniel Kieanan Colsh. Any third party player will have win conditions that are detailed in their role PM...
  2. Each day you will be able to vote to lynch a player. Voting should be done in the following format; Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Character (Player). No other format will be accepted. You may also proxy your vote to another player, using this format; proxy: Character (Player). Naturally, unproxying a vote is also possible. The player with the most votes is lynched. In the case of a tie, there will be no lynch.
  3. A game day will last a maximum of 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. The day will not end when a majority vote has been reached. If there is time left, a majority vote can be over-turned. After the day has concluded, a night stage will commence, which will last a maximum of 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 24 hours of the night stage, or they will not be accepted, no exceptions.
  4. The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day.
  5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to you by the game host via PM. This includes all the details and pictures of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage. (Due to the concept role-claiming should be done with great caution. Another reason the roles have all been laid out is because verification by role-claiming is incredibly hard and extremely risky for the Town.)
  6. Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.
  7. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on.
  8. If you are converted, you must accept your new affiliation. If it's proven that you gave up your new team after conversion, the whole game will be null and you will most likely not to be asked to play one of my games again.
  9. You may not edit your posts.
  10. You must post in every day thread.
  11. If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact the host via PM. Please please please use only the confirmation PM I sent you to communicate with me. All new conversations regarding the game will be deleted.
  12. Violation of the above rules will result in automatic death.

Looks like maybe we have a blocker or protector who got lucky tonight :sweet:. I hope someone has been able to find something out during the night, so we don't have to repeat yesterday... If we have a blocker, it could be an idea to look into the person who was blocked...

Ok, I'm officially confused. The Queen and the Jester return to their normal forms for a midnight horny pie show, then back in disguise by morning?

Well, whatever the case, not lynching yesterday clearly didn't cause the disaster that a few loud voices wanted to make us think it would, we've all awakened to a new day. Congratulations to a few of you for making what appears to have been a wise decision.

And now that brings us to the ugly part... anyone have any evidence?

Looks like maybe we have a blocker or protector who got lucky tonight :sweet:. I hope someone has been able to find something out during the night, so we don't have to repeat yesterday... If we have a blocker, it could be an idea to look into the person who was blocked...

Do you mean the pie to Lord Whateverthefuckhisnameis? He's clearly identified as an NPC, nothing done by anyone here is responsible for stopping him, it was all part of the show. :laugh:

On the other hand, if someone else was blocked, you're right, that should be looked into. It was a shockingly quiet night, aside from all the pie play.

I do not think not voting is an option again. Something must have happened during the night to someone, and I doubt we will avoid a nightly death again. It seems a death was blocked, so the chances of the Royals having a kill as well seems unlikely - there is probably only one kill, and it most likely belongs to the Assassins.

Bess and Charles are clearly not two people that we feel strongly about. Unless something new has come up about them, I say we look at other people today so as to avoid the lock we had yesterday. I wouldn't want to make the same mistake twice, am I right? :wink:

It seems we have a very lucky blocker or they decided not to risk targeting anyone for fear of being tracked/followed, betting on today's lynch to get them their kill today, among other possibilities far too numerous to go into completely specifics about. Maybe they wanted the whole 'no-lynch' thing to look like a bad idea by not giving us the chance to get any evidence? :sceptic:

Clemence, thank you, but I don't feel I can eat any pastries for at least a month after that display... :sick:

We got lucky, Shannanana, that no townies died because of our inaction. I'm glad that we didn't lose anyone but we aren't any closer to figuring out the who the scum are unless someone comes forward with new information today.

Hey, has anyone seen my pants? I wonder where they went...

Well, whatever the case, not lynching yesterday clearly didn't cause the disaster that a few loud voices wanted to make us think it would, we've all awakened to a new day. Congratulations to a few of you for making what appears to have been a wise decision.

I don't think anyone was predicting any nightly disasters because of not lynching. I just think we would have learned more from yesterday's votes and behaviours if we would have lynched.

On the other hand, if someone else was blocked, you're right, that should be looked into. It was a shockingly quiet night, aside from all the pie play.

I do not think not voting is an option again. Something must have happened during the night to someone, and I doubt we will avoid a nightly death again. It seems a death was blocked, so the chances of the Royals having a kill as well seems unlikely - there is probably only one kill, and it most likely belongs to the Assassins.

... or the Assassins' target was protected. Either way, someone seems to have done the right thing last night.

But, I agree, if someone was successfully blocked last night, that could be a good lead to follow up on.

Bess and Charles are clearly not two people that we feel strongly about. Unless something new has come up about them, I say we look at other people today so as to avoid the lock we had yesterday. I wouldn't want to make the same mistake twice, am I right? :wink:

I don't think a lot of people said that they felt very strongly about either of these two, but if nothing new comes up, their behaviour yesterday still stands as somewhat suspicious. Remember that some of the votes were switched around near the end of the day to force no lynch. We seem to agree that we shouldn't repeat that today.

It seems we have a very lucky blocker or they decided not to risk targeting anyone for fear of being tracked/followed, betting on today's lynch to get them their kill today, among other possibilities far too numerous to go into completely specifics about. Maybe they wanted the whole 'no-lynch' thing to look like a bad idea by not giving us the chance to get any evidence? :sceptic:

I honestly don't think the Assassins would forgo their chance at a kill just to avoid getting caught. They risk the chance of being tracked or having their target watched every night and those chances are only going to increase.

I don't think anyone was predicting any nightly disasters because of not lynching. I just think we would have learned more from yesterday's votes and behaviours if we would have lynched.

A few seemed awfully invested in the idea of killing randomly yesterday, knowing they could say "oops, oh well" when it went wrong. Yet none of those people had the strength of conviction to change their vote to cause it to happen. Believe me, a lot can be learned from yesterday. I find a few things absolutely fascinating upon mental review of the day and hope to see how they play out today.

I honestly don't think the Assassins would forgo their chance at a kill just to avoid getting caught. They risk the chance of being tracked or having their target watched every night and those chances are only going to increase.

How do those chances increase? Wouldn't they decrease if we accidentally killed anyone but one of the assassins?

Maybe they wanted the whole 'no-lynch' thing to look like a bad idea by not giving us the chance to get any evidence? :sceptic:

Makes you wonder if, as someone has privately suggested to me, the scum can't kill if we don't reach a conviction. Given the lack of any evidence of a blocked action, it's just as likely a possibility, but a hard one to test.

Then again, someone may have suggested that so we would test it by not convicting, hoping to get a kill tonight, then railroad us into stupid decisions later.

It's all just theories.

I wouldn't worry much, I'm sure evidence will turn up today. It has to, or we wouldn't stand a chance. :sceptic:

I doubt it has anything to do with a conviction or not. I don't think God would give us a way to prolong the game forever, if you know what I'm saying you hot pepperoni! :wink:

How do those chances increase? Wouldn't they decrease if we accidentally killed anyone but one of the assassins?

I guess it depends on whether we lose someone with an investigative action when we mislynch. If we don't, the pool of targets for a watcher or tracker decreases, thus increasing the chances of finding the Assassins' killer. Anyway, my main point was that I have a hard time believing the Assassins decided not to act last night.

It's all just theories.

And that's all we have today since we didn't reach a decision on who to vote against yesterday. Frankly, I don't see how theorizing at this point would get us anywhere, so I'll go comb my eyebrows in hopes that something useful might fall off.

Anyway, my main point was that I have a hard time believing the Assassins decided not to act last night.

I can think of a few ways that could work, especially in a weird situation like this.

1. The assassins can only kill 3 times (or some other low limit), total, thus preventing them the luxury of guessing.

2. They can investigate to try to find the Royal Family, but not at the same time as a kill.

3. They really want us to wonder what the hell they are doing.

I'm not placing bets on any one of those, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Frankly, I don't see how theorizing at this point would get us anywhere

Thank you for adding to the discussion, that's so helpful.

Thank you for adding to the discussion, that's so helpful.

You're most welcome! Almost as helpful as not lynching, I hope? :tongue:

You're most welcome! Almost as helpful as not lynching, I hope? :tongue:

Not quite. Not lynching meant we didn't accidentally kill a member of the Royal Family or a member of the royal party, which would have been much more likely, so I can't really call them even.

I have to agree that given the circumstances you're right; not lynching last night means that we didn't lose a potential member or protector of the Royal Family, which can only be good. I was just expressing my disappointment that we really don't have too much to base our actions on now, unless more info on last night's contingent events (or lack thereof) starts coming in. As you said yourself, I was among those who were convinced we should have voted Bess off (not just anyone, I was focused on one person in particular), believing that a) something was quite fishy there; b) even if I had been wrong, that lynch could still have proved useful based on people's reactions to such a hard line.

Once again, I'll repeat what I said yesterday - Bess did on a number of occasions defend herself by claiming that she was not a member of the Royal Family. Which is why I thought our chances with that vote were pretty good. I'd rather just sit here and work on my eyebrows today though and see if other people can lead us to more info regarding a conviction, seeing as my attempts yesterday were futile anyway.

even if I had been wrong, that lynch could still have proved useful based on people's reactions to such a hard line.

Unfortunately, a day 1 conviction usually ends up a bad indicator. If it's a member of the town, everyone says "oh no!" and it's impossible to tell if it's sincere regret or not. If it ends up right, it's just as possible that the scum sacrificed one of their own to end up on the right side of the vote.

To be fair, that's pretty much the case every day when we don't have solid evidence. Thankfully, that won't be the case today.

Bess did on a number of occasions defend herself by claiming that she was not a member of the Royal Family. Which is why I thought our chances with that vote were pretty good.

Well, "I'm a member of the Royal Family" would be a particularly bad defense as well. :laugh:

This is why I keep repeating that we're in an unusual situation here. Normally, the scum knows who is town and who isn't, and in the end, it doesn't matter who they kill, as long as they do it. In this situation, they need very specific targets and unless those targets are idiots, they won't reveal themselves unless they can be absolutely guaranteed protection every night until the end, something hard to expect.

No point distracting the conversation any further, as I said, there will be solid evidence today, I'm absolutely certain of it. :sweet:

I can think of a few ways that could work, especially in a weird situation like this.

1. The assassins can only kill 3 times (or some other low limit), total, thus preventing them the luxury of guessing.

2. They can investigate to try to find the Royal Family, but not at the same time as a kill.

3. They really want us to wonder what the hell they are doing.

Interesting theories. I don't think number 3 is likely, but 1 and 2 certainly are (or some sort of combination of those two), given our unusual situation here...

No point distracting the conversation any further, as I said, there will be solid evidence today, I'm absolutely certain of it. :sweet:

I sure hope you're right about that.

Mmmm, I sure love solid... evidence? Oh, yeah that too.

Well, it seems to me we aren't any closer to anything than we were yesterday. Well, that's how it would appear, anyway. Appearances sure can be deceptive though!

I don't suppose the Queen left some pie lying around? I could sure do with some pie. :drool:

With a sudden surge of insight, I've come to the conclusion that there is one more possible reason for the lack of a night kill ... poison/daytime assassination.

That said, I have a funny feeling I could be a target, and given the importance of what I know, waiting to say it once voting is open would be foolish. I've certainly hinted at it enough that the time for subtlety has passed.

Beneath that otherwise normal looking exteriour, Ruben Castleton is a slimy green-skinned scum sucking Kensmy Assassin.

Naturally, I'll explain how I came to know this.

I am privileged to be in indirect but irrefutable contact with the head of security for the Royal Family. He is privately working to uncover the assassins amongst us. I kick a pigeon or toss a potato towards the heavens and in the morning it is returned with the results of my request. Those results identify the alignment of the person investigated. This morning, I received the aforementioned results that I bring you now.

If I should die, contact will transfer to another trusted member of the Royal party. If the investigator should die, however, we would lose a valuable weapon. I do not know his alternate identity, which is the major reason I am against random lynchings, we could do even more harm to ourselves than I had previously indicated. The longer we can place absolute votes, like today, the less chance of his loss.

I call all of you to take this first opportunity to strike back at the assassins that have put all of us in danger.

Now for a bit of a reminder. We are here to save our Royal Family, not ourselves. I know that revealing this information paints a target on me, but I am doing my duty and my survival isn't the most important issue. I only ask that each of you do the same. Don't make claims about being or not being part of the Royal Family. You'll notice that I haven't. Doing so only helps the assassins find their targets more quickly. Right now, they will scratch their heads wondering whether or not to kill me (assuming they haven't already). That's exactly what each of us needs to do.

I would prefer not to die. If there is a means of preventing that, I would appreciate it. As long as I am receiving the information, I know it will be conveyed, as it has been today. I am, however, making arrangements in the event that I don't survive the day/night. I should be able to insure that if a replacement steps forward with information, you'll know it's legitimate. Naturally, if you aren't sure and end up being wrong, kill them the next day, just as I would expect you to kill me tomorrow if I'm wrong (which I can't be, so yes, I can say it with absolute certainty).

Thank you for your time and continued support of the Royal Family. :sweet:

I don't suppose the Queen left some pie lying around? I could sure do with some pie. :drool:

It is said that the Queen has the moistest, tastiest pie in all the land, but I jest. :wink:

With a sudden surge of insight, I've come to the conclusion that there is one more possible reason for the lack of a night kill ... poison/daytime assassination.

* lots and lots of stuff *

The lots and lots of stuff seems incredibly valuable, and could pretty much have been expected based on your earlier assurances that there'd be more info today. I have to ask though: what makes you so sure there'd be a daytime kill? You've divulged a lot of info so you must be 110% certain about an inevitable upcoming daytime kill by the scum... Why's that the case all of a sudden? And how come you're suddenly so paranoid, thinking the Assassins are on to you and looking to off you...?

Once again, I'll repeat what I said yesterday - Bess did on a number of occasions defend herself by claiming that she was not a member of the Royal Family. Which is why I thought our chances with that vote were pretty good. I'd rather just sit here and work on my eyebrows today though and see if other people can lead us to more info regarding a conviction, seeing as my attempts yesterday were futile anyway.

You still have a hard-on for voting me off, don't you? Why are you so pushy, Meahon? It's Day Two. Since it's Day Two, we logically have more information and evidence then we did on Day One for a random lynch. You voted for me first yesterday and even when I was in contact with you, refused to un-vote me. Speaking of evidence:

That said, I have a funny feeling I could be a target, and given the importance of what I know, waiting to say it once voting is open would be foolish. I've certainly hinted at it enough that the time for subtlety has passed.

Beneath that otherwise normal looking exteriour, Ruben Castleton is a slimy green-skinned scum sucking Kensmy Assassin.

I can confirm everything that Shanalon has said. It would explain why Ruben was so interested in a random quick lynch yesterday. Perhaps that does mean that they can only kill when we lynch.

The lots and lots of stuff seems incredibly valuable, and could pretty much have been expected based on your earlier assurances that there'd be more info today. I have to ask though: what makes you so sure there'd be a daytime kill? You've divulged a lot of info so you must be 110% certain about an inevitable upcoming daytime kill by the scum... Why's that the case all of a sudden? And how come you're suddenly so paranoid, thinking the Assassins are on to you and looking to off you...?

Likely because there wasn't a night time kill and we know that the scum have the ability to kill.

Sounds pretty good to me, looks like we'll be throwing an assassin overboard this evening! :sweet:

In the meantime, gimme some of that pie. :wub:

You still have a hard-on for voting me off, don't you?

Yep. Because you're still proving that you're utterly uninterested in protecting the Royal Family. As far as I'm concerned, you've shown your true colours both in public, and in private, and me being "pushy" has had little to do with it. I'd even go as far as to say I'm not interested in your blowing cooking anymore. :sadnew:

Erm, I'd very much like to just keep sitting here combing my eyebrows and potentially waiting for a daytime assassination to happen. That should at least provide some entertainment!

I have to ask though: what makes you so sure there'd be a daytime kill? You've divulged a lot of info so you must be 110% certain about an inevitable upcoming daytime kill by the scum... Why's that the case all of a sudden? And how come you're suddenly so paranoid, thinking the Assassins are on to you and looking to off you...?

I'm trying to account for all possibilities. Oddly, it was our friendly green assassin who got me thinking about ways that they could kill us that we might not expect, to account for the lack of one last night. I know this god, he's a cruel mistress, and he's allowed our enemies to use poison on us before. I'm not 110% certain that it will happen, nor am I paranoid, I'm just not risking it. It would be a shame for this information to die before it can be used to help our Royal Family.

Yep. Because you're still proving that you're utterly uninterested in protecting the Royal Family. As far as I'm concerned, you've shown your true colours both in public, and in private, and me being "pushy" has had little to do with it. I'd even go as far as to say I'm not interested in your blowing cooking anymore. :sadnew:

Hide your boner, Meahon. Folding your arms just doesn't help. I've been working in private with others while you've been berating me in thread. You're leading a crusade to have me thrown overboard and quite frankly it's rather annoying.