WhiteFang

REVIEW: 8831 LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 7

On a scale of 1 to 5  

279 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this entire Series 7?

2. 2. How do you find this review? Do you find it helpful and useful?

• 1 - Very helpful and useful
    • 2 - Somewhat helpful and useful
    • 3 - Little helpful and useful
    • 4 - Not helpful and useful at all
  3. 3. Right now, what is the best released LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series so far?

4. 4. Are you looking forward to the new images of the LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 8?

• Yes, I can't wait to see the new official designs!
    • Maybe a little bit interested but not really that interested...
    • No, I am getting bored of this theme!

Thank Whitefang for the review! and minifig count! :thumbup:

I have embarked on my journey of getting bagpipers! 4 on the way from the UK! :laugh:

Thank you guys for your kind thoughts! :sweet:

The weakest thing about this series: the daredevil.. I like the hair in a new color, but I'm not really impressed. Not a big fan of tennis, either, but at least with this one you can MOC a couples doubles tennis match... not that I really would want that.

True, I do agree with you but the white cap is something which I will like to get it for medieval purposes and to make up for it, the dual printed expression and the hairpiece are very decent.

This series definitely has the most number of "wanted" (although I always want them all for completeness), although, like the last series, although I do want a few Aztecs, there aren't any that I want to "army build" with.

Same sentiments as well.

As a long time complainer about the distribution of the minifigs, I have to thank TLG for making the space marine and evil knight have 5 of each in the case. Although I liked series 6 more this is the best release just because TLG finally learned what army building is all about.

I do add, don't get any misconceptions about which minifigs will fetch the highest price on Bricklink. The Space marine followed by the knight will still likely be the 2 most expensive figures. The small percentage change in numbers per case will not make up for the people who want to collect hundreds of those figs. But it is still a step in the right direction!

DaleDVM, I also noted the new distributions is a major improvement from the previous series, so they are aware of it and trying to make the new changes allowing the army builders to get the most and best out of the 16. No doubt, that the prices on BL might be higher, but with the new additions, it might help to ease a little on the demand side. So, whatever it can be done for now, it is a commendable improvement on TLG end for Series 7.

I have embarked on my journey of getting bagpipers! 4 on the way from the UK! :laugh:

And, many more to come! :laugh:

I love the Bride and the Bunny Guy. They look so matching together :)

Been to many weddings? :laugh:

The veil of the bride is rubbish though. When played with, it falls of easily. Impossible to reattach for children, holes of the veil tear easily.

I am loving the Computer Programmer (got 2 so far) and the hair on the tennis player.

Still need to get my hand on those sweet sweet bagpipes (the box I found today had none left)

Another great review. Just bought a case of my own today on ebay. Can't wait to see all of these great figs in person.

The veil of the bride is rubbish though. When played with, it falls of easily. Impossible to reattach for children, holes of the veil tear easily.

Ya, man. Mine's almost worn out now. That's why I'm keeping another sealed in its packaging. Waiting for groom to show up :)

Ya, man. Mine's almost worn out now. That's why I'm keeping another sealed in its packaging. Waiting for groom to show up :)

I really got no idea what did you guys do to the 'Bride'. I agreed that the veil drops more often due to the weight of the veil which is much heavier as compared with the ones from the wedding set. The material used is clearly different and in this case, this is made up of cloth. The hole of the veil is meant to hold it in place upon stationary position. I don't think we can abuse the cloth as often as we like to have. Do remember that even LEGO cape/robe, also worn out overtime after handling and playing.

Well, I certainly don't abuse my Bride. But as mentioned, the veil comes off easily and even it's been only a week or so, the constant dropping off and putting it back on has visibly taken its toll on the cloth. Also, as you mentioned, it's made of cloth. So fingers touching it so often will also make it look dirty after some time. By the time the Groom gets produced, she'll be a filthy looking partner! LOL!

I've gotten three bagpippers so far, his kilt is pain to put on. The only one I still need is the Valkrie.

Agreed, the kilt is a major pain to put on. I think I need about three more fingers to be able to do it easily. :tongue: Other than that, I'd say Angus is pretty nice minifig!

I don't have all of them yet, but so far, I'm pretty impressed with this series.

Am I the only one who, after assembling the Jungle Boy/Tarzan with his knife and monkey, thought: "Skinned chimpanzee -- it's what's for dinner!"?

Dear Eurobricks Community,

I am very pleased to present to all of you the completed LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 7 review! :wub:

I hope you will enjoy reading it and please do let me know your thoughts after reading it. I am sure you are also feeling as excited as I am, when I first received it.

WhiteFang

Great review I picked up 9 figs because of this.

Great review I picked up 9 figs because of this.

I picked 7 characters but in total I got 38 packs :)

Thanks for the review!

I am losing a little bit of interest in this though. LEGO seems to be releasing these a little too fast to keep up. Last time I actually got into trying to collect one of the whole series was the 3rd! Anyways, thanks for the review! ;)

-Puck

Edited by Puck

Just finished opening my box of 60. Ended up with different numbers in mine.

3 Swimming Champions

3 Aztec Warriors

1 Bunny Suit Guys

4 Brides

3 Ocean Kings

4 Bagpipers

4 Daredevils

5 Galaxy Patrols

4 Tennis Aces

5 Jungle Boys

4 Hippies

4 Computer Programmers

5 Valkyries

5 Evil Knights

3 Rocker Girls

3 Grandma Visitors

So only 1 complete set! Disappointed to say the least.

Agreed, the kilt is a major pain to put on. I think I need about three more fingers to be able to do it easily. :tongue: Other than that, I'd say Angus is pretty nice minifig!

I don't have all of them yet, but so far, I'm pretty impressed with this series.

Am I the only one who, after assembling the Jungle Boy/Tarzan with his knife and monkey, thought: "Skinned chimpanzee -- it's what's for dinner!"?

You're not the only one. :blush: I also find the bagpiper's kilt hard to get on him. And I wish that Lego made skirts go out a little bit further, so that there's no ugly gap. (I really dislike that.)

Just finished opening my box of 60. Ended up with different numbers in mine.

So only 1 complete set! Disappointed to say the least.

Is your CMF Series 7 comes with a 'sealed' box? It might be randomised if the box is not originally sealed.

Is your CMF Series 7 comes with a 'sealed' box? It might be randomised if the box is not originally sealed.

Yeah, it was a sealed box. I checked it over when I got it to make sure too. Just bad luck I guess.

Hi

yesterday i had been in three diffent stores, only one had the Galaxy Patrol left. The two others had together 6 open boxes with no Galaxy Patrols. Even the Aztec was gone, i think people missmatch this like i did too. I did not want an army of them, but maybe 8 or 10 would e nice ;)

Dino

Yeah, it was a sealed box. I checked it over when I got it to make sure too. Just bad luck I guess.

I find it very highly unlikely unless the place/source which you have gotten had managed to re-seal the original seal without causing any re-pasting by re-using the seal with careful delicate measures. I hope I am not reading too much into it but it is really very unpleasant to know that you are unable to complete 3 sets in 1 box.

All in all, it could just be bad luck.

For those of you who haven't figured out the kilt, just position it so that the slit is over the butt like so:

7291793634_a9f20722ac.jpg

It looks perfect once you do that and the gap will be barely noticeable unless you're looking at it up close.