Sandy

Heroica RPG General Discussion

What if you are on a quest with a class from the Shadeux for instance after having a great reputation with them and you end up on a quest where you switch sides? Do you get to use either or the two faction's classes?

You totally stole my joke.

I think it's because when we think of two Factions that are opposed, Hinckwells and Shadeaux are the first two that come to mind, since they're so common. :wink:

...which brings us back to the topic of under-used Houses. I know we touched on this a bit a while back, but I want to ask you: why do you think so few Quests feature the Ji Pei, or the Guild of Invision? Lack of parts, or something else?

...which brings us back to the topic of under-used Houses. I know we touched on this a bit a while back, but I want to ask you: why do you think so few Quests feature the Ji Pei, or the Guild of Invision? Lack of parts, or something else?

I think people avert those two factions mostly because I haven't properly introduced them yet.

But that's about to change at least for the alchemists, since my next two quests are now open for applicants. :wink:

Sandy, would these be the short three-or-four battle long quests you mentioned? default_excited.gif

I think WBD did a great job with the Guild of Invision!

Oh, without question! It's just that he was the only one, until Sandy's new posting just now, of course. :wink:

Flipz, I was referring to what Sandy said, about the Guild and the Ji-Pei not being used much as they hadn't been introduced properly. I think especially on that basis WBD introduced them very well, and added a great look into the way they see the world.

Oh sorry I forgot. I will edit the post. :blush:

Leo just got a bit too much to handle. Writing in his style was far to different from me, I grew to dislike using RP. Also, I felt the advance class choices are limiting with a knight.

I also agree, its a shame to see Leo leave, It seemed that he was just starting to move beyond the knight cookie-cutter. And the background you'd developed was beginning to get some traction.

The comment about not liking the RP aspects of the game reflects something I was thinking about recently. What do people want to get from the game? I would guess there are as many different answers as there are players. One thing that is noticeable compared to other gaming groups I've been in is the number of characters that seem to be player avatars rather than independent characters in their own right. Not that's a goodor bad thing, but it does drag ego in sometimes. When a player expy is liked, the player feels liked, and conversely when not liked, some players find the game less rewarding. I'm not specifically saying that is what is happening here. But I know for myself I could more aware of that phenomenon and occasionally Bette careful ony character interactions.

Rumble, I'd recommend inspecting the die you use to decide Sorrow's actions.

It's broken. :tongue:

Rumble, I'd recommend inspecting the die you use to decide Sorrow's actions.

It's broken. :tongue:

It's not been a great couple of rounds for you guys, I agree!

It's not been a great couple of rounds for you guys, I agree!

Mine as well take a page from Hybro's book and get drunk on nostrum all day every day chug a nostrum before every battle. Knowing my luck though, I'd just roll 2 damage rolls. :sceptic:

Lots of heroes have had runs of bad luck. Even the most well-known like Maurice, Eric, and De'kra. Sorrow will hit something one day soon, but it may not be this day!

I also agree, its a shame to see Leo leave, It seemed that he was just starting to move beyond the knight cookie-cutter. And the background you'd developed was beginning to get some traction.

The comment about not liking the RP aspects of the game reflects something I was thinking about recently. What do people want to get from the game? I would guess there are as many different answers as there are players. One thing that is noticeable compared to other gaming groups I've been in is the number of characters that seem to be player avatars rather than independent characters in their own right. Not that's a goodor bad thing, but it does drag ego in sometimes. When a player expy is liked, the player feels liked, and conversely when not liked, some players find the game less rewarding. I'm not specifically saying that is what is happening here. But I know for myself I could more aware of that phenomenon and occasionally Bette careful ony character interactions.

World conquest. I want world conquest, and I am using this RPG as the foundation. Soon my Chimpanzee infantry will move against Europa and Titan, and we will control the path to Alpha Centauri.

...but seriously, I like this game as some quests force you tho think creatively, and it is fun to imagine another world and create a character. Plus this is like the most social interaction I get, aside from interacting with professors. There are otherfactors too, but they are obvious.

Really De'kra and me differ in several aspects, like I am more cynical but less eager to have blood on my hands. Plus I am not as social as him in real life, although we both are not the best at social rules. Luckily I think just comes off as eccentricity, which probably isn't too inaccurate.

The levels of reputation are "good" (after completing one quest for the faction successfully), "great" (after two quests) and "outstanding" (after three quests). These will have storyline purposes later on, if we ever get to that point with the main story. There's still loads of quests for me to host before that... :tongue:

So shouldn't Althior have "outstanding" reputation with the Hinckwell's? Quest #5, #9, and #17 all offered improved reputations with the Hinckwell's I believe.

Lots of heroes have had runs of bad luck. Even the most well-known like Maurice, Eric, and De'kra. Sorrow will hit something one day soon, but it may not be this day!

I can attest this statement. :sad:

Like I said, very rough draft. It's a temporary change to appearance, not a permanent one, and the complicated-ness was something I disliked about it. I wanted to do a class based on recoil damage, which does more damage than any others at the cost of doing some of that damage back to yourself. The shields were included for the sake of not killing yourself, as heroes tend to have a vast Power compared to HP. Here's a quick revision. Thanks for the feedback!

Dragon Champion

HP Bonus: TBD

Job Traits: Intimidate, Diplomacy, (Animal Talk - only if Expert Classes have 3, not 2, job traits)

Equipment: Polearms, flails, shields

Battle Style: Draconic

Shield: Dragon Breath Select between Fire, Ice, Lightning, or Plant. Deal elemental damage equal to WPx3 + lvl, to all foes, then apply Burned (Foe takes 1 damage per turn and Level is halved), Bound, Stunned, or Badly Poisoned depending on element

Critical Vicious Strike: Deal damage equal to WPx4 + lvl, then take 1/2 damage in recoil, which is affected by SP. (lvl 30 + WP 15x4 = 90 damage. The champion takes 45 -SP 10 (35) damage.)

Vicious Strike: Deal damage equal to WPx2 +lvl, then take 1/2 damage in recoil, which is affected by SP. (lvl 30+WP 15x2= 60 damage. 30-SP 10 = 20 recoil damage.)

Overshoot: Deal damage equal to WP only to the foe listed behind the target, then Stun the Champion.

Defended Damage: Take damage equal to opponent's level minus SP

Special Damage: Is struck by the foe's special skill

Why don't you guys just wait until you have your ideas completely ready with all the details and photos before submitting/posting? I just don't really understand keeping posting "this isn't really the real thing it's just a rough idea and i'm still working on it".

To get feedback and criticism. As you saw, my idea was ridiculously complex and OP, so by posting it here and getting an outside opinion, I can start working to make it better. :wink: Plus, as no one has seen Sandy's finalized classes, we can't finalize our own as we don't have anything to model it off of Scubacarrot's and my rough drafts are based on the Advanced Classes, so even if we got pretty, finalized pictures and a stat set that would seamlessly blend in with the other classes at this point, we'd still have to edit them once we saw how an official expert class worked.

No offense, but I don't think Heroica needs anymore classes aside from the ones Sandy has made.

I see that Sandy has asked for pitches. So what exactly constitutes an accomplished QM?

Edited by UsernameMDM

I see that Sandy has asked for pitches. So what exactly constitutes an accomplished QM?

I think the first requirement is that you have created a major recurring faction, and then you also have to have a good idea of how to balance enemies.

On that note, I wasn't sure if I was going to bring back the Brobric Elves, but now I'm considering having them return as a rival faction to the Lions.

On that note, I wasn't sure if I was going to bring back the Brobric Elves, but now I'm considering having them return as a rival faction to the Lions.

I'm hoping for some really awesome expert classes. :sweet: